1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Asian Sensation

Frauden always been a sensitive, passive aggressive bum.

[​IMG]

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/06/30/top-free-agency-questions-james-harden-damian-lillard-houston

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

That'd be interesting if Pat Williams takes a big leap as expected as a 2 way player. Caruso a good defender. Vooch is solid. Idk if Drummond opted in or what? I assume one of LaVine or DeRozan stays? They wouldn't send both, right?
    The best thing for Harden is to just carry a team built around him. Defenders and bigs to do the dirty work while he proved he can still be a big time triple double scoring machine. Let his big stats be his legacy.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Would much rather overpay harden. At least he can win some regular season games. FVV is good player, but 25-30 mil instead of 40mil

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not want both Fred and James.

Someone who is younger and hungrier.

clos4life likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Overpaid players have the tendency to not give 100 percent, so there is always the danger.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm sure he talked to Harden or Rivers to understand the mindset. Harden was talking big earlier whining about wanting to the team to let him play his way only. Sounds like a bruised ego and selfish player. Doesn't fit.

I still have hope that Udoka may away us away from Brooks' selfishness too.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Another year and Harden quits on yet another team. I am so glad we didn't go after this loser.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I love Harden and look forward to his jersey retirement. He almost singlehandedly got the Rockets back to relevance for a while after 15 years of also-ran basketball.

This Philly situation makes him look bad...really bad. He simply doesn't appear concerned with evolving his playstyle beyond ball dominant Iso/PnR guy.

He's still an amazing playmaker but as his age he's no longer a guy you can build a team around. When he was one of the 5 greatest offensive players ever, tailoring everything to him was just fine. I'm sure he would still help us win quite a few more games in the short term, but I'm not sure the players around him would be better for it long term

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This makes sense. Morey loves Harden and doesn't want to trade him. He's no doubt hoping Harden reconsiders and signs an extension.

BamBam likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If his previous trade requests are any indication things are about to get ugly before they get pretty.

Might be a bluff to let Harden know that if he wants to play the full upcoming NBA season he better not be too picky.

Philly in a rough spot since they need to get good players back (like that proposed Chicago deal) but why would a team give up good players for a rental?

The best match for Morey won't be Clippers, Boston, and teams looking to make a superteam like that but moreso teams looking to bolster their young core like Minny or Memphis or Pelicans, but why would they give up anything when he could bolt the next year?

Will be interesting to see what Morey will pull off, glad we're not in this position.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i LOVE the fact that Harden didnt get some stupid 4 year deal outta us!
    Im amused as fk that he didnt get to put the screws to Morey...
    and even funnier... him taking less money as a pr move (knowing he was gonna hammer his next contract) has totally blown up in his face... and now he's just an a**hole demanding ANOTHER freaking trade... lmao
    Everybody (including the hard-on nuthuggers on here) has to see what a self absorbed asshat this dude is at this point.. lol!

i may find some of Stone's moves questionable... but not playing the shill for greedy azz hard-on - will forever be priceless to me! lol

Htown's Finest and cheke64 like this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

I can't think of anyone hungrier than Harden, maybe Nix...

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks celebrating not getting Harden at all cost, I can see the reasons.

But to avoid him just to overpay the likes of fvv, and brooks is just stupid.

Even half assin* harden was good enough for us to reach the playoffs. Can't say the same about these signing. Out of all the players to overpay for like Reaves and stuff we decided to overpay for the dude who got embarrassed by Ole man lebron, pathetic.

But keep celebrating that we were too good for a hof talent

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

no man... fk his self absorbed 'those that matter dont mind and those mind dont matter' narcissistic bs attitude! I'd dont want his stripper chasin, honey bun throwing, megalomaniac azz anywhere near this young squad!

in his prime? sure, u gotta stfu and deal with the prima donna attitude for what he brings to the table...

but that same prima donna as he begins his descent.... fk him, let me kick ya on the way down! lol! ;)

Htown's Finest likes this.