1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Goes back to my original statement. Getting to the WCF was an overachievement. That whole season was them overachieving. They were never close before and haven't been close since.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesn't go back to your original statement.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol why are people all over Murray’s nuts just because Denver won the title?

4. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Right. Original statement regarding Portland.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a streaky shooter that chucks 18 shots a game, he was bound to have done hot shooting nights eventually, that doesn't change the caliber of player he is.

A good player would look like a good player, this isn't hypothetical, other players... some that were even younger than Green, still managed to look good.

A player that requires so many excuses can't possibly be legitimately good.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

And Sengun the PG?

Stephen_A likes this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Nobody's creating defensive schemes around guarding Sengun. Only his fans keep running with this lie

Stephen_A likes this.
  8. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

What is expected from a play in team tho?

Arnel likes this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

TS% .535 / .528 / .531 is the standard and water boy praise of a good player, until you dislike the selection and trash the other player(s) for having a TS% .547 / .538

Beavis n Butthead vs. 3 Stooges, I can't figure out which TS% would be 3 Stooges or BB, but since they are so similar it wouldn't even matter.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Except the Wizards' head coach. He must be one of these beta male Sengunatics. This was his response when he was specifically asked who is harder to defend and plan for, Green or Sengun.

CVcrew, Williamson and cdastros like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Facts

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You don’t like him and you have expressed this clearly. But How about positives about him? I never hear you say anything positive about him. But then again I’m not reading this forum every single day. So are there positives in his game in your assessment? I do not believe KPJ is a good pg and lacking the mental aspect as a player but I still find positives such as he is a good catch and shoot player. He is quick off the dribble and can score in bunches and he can be a very good piece as a role player on a contending team with vets. Ok now your turn.

Caesar and Arnel like this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

highlight tapes always looks good, if Green didn't add any new moves or counters he'll still be 1 dimensional

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

People act like putting up multiple 30 and 40 pt games are easy in this league or that a very quick burst and ability to get to the paint consistently isn’t special.

15. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Not gonna lie, his form and release on his shot looks better and quicker. I just hope he can do it in the games next season

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You use such emotional language, no, I don't like players who are bad on both ends of the court, but I don't have any opinion about him personally.

When it comes to his positives, he's extremely athletic and that makes him good in transition and when defenses aren't set. He'd probably be good as an energy guy of the bench unless he improves enough for a larger role.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Emotional? Nah that’s not supported by anything I said. I also did not ask you what you dislike about him personally. I only asked your assessment of him as a player. And you said the only positive you see from his game is that he is an “athletic” “energy guy”. Interesting.

Arnel, majicdonjuan and Believe It! like this.
  18. Arnel

Arnel Member

Are you gonna keep the same energy if they win 30-40 games? Lol. You’re basically saying coaching doesn’t matter o_O

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah...what else do you say about a guard who isn't a creator, isn't a shooter, isn't a defender....

His athleticism is great and all, but right now that's all he's got.

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LMAO!

Biggest Porter fan here complaining bout ISO.

Rich.