1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime - nothing is Given anymore all will be earned!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is talking about KPJ, Green, Jabari, Sengun - all of them will need to EARN their playing time now, it will be a meritcracy.

I have been saying for 2+ years that KPJ and Green are going to be competing for the same spot and we will need to move one eventually - that may happen this year.

Jabari may not be ready to play and he ends up a bench player, Sengun too behind Brooks.

This is SUPER exciting to me, and I am so happy to have IME here, the players need to EARN it to play......been saying that for 3 years too.

Let's go - pressure makes diamonds, a lot of us on here will also need to realize that our favorites may not win their competition - which I am fine with as long as the team gets better.

Let's go ROCKETS !!!!

It's a new day, it's a new dawn and I'm feeling .....fine.....

DD

#1 DaDakota, Jun 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this was a dig at Sengun only, everyone heard it LOUD AND CLEAR

:D

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agree, now that winning and not development is the priority minutes should be merit based.

Interesting comment as well about some players' roles being very different than they're used to, I wonder if he's referring to moving KPJ off the ball/PG position which is what Clutch predicted as well.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Unless the Rockets bring in several high quality veterans earning playing time won't be very hard for any of those guys.

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I hear PBev is available

anthony59237, Nook and gmoney411 like this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Some guys will play different roles.”

edwardc, ak99999, Dgn1 and 8 others like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

It’s about time. Did you see soft Stone defer to Ime about playing time? Like a nervous school girl going to her first dance…

glad we finally have a true leader of men

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What makes you think Udoka is a "true leader of men" -- damn that sounds heavy! Dude has one good half season and now he could command the Northern Armies and I might enlist if your answer is good enough! :D

12. OkayAyeReloaded

I dig it. Let's go get it fellas, get into the grind, enjoy the grind.

Earn your spot, what did you do to help your team win?

Phase 2, playoffs are the expectation and goal.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Phase 2 gonna hurt some feelings .. player and a POFs ..lmao

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lol this is true-

javal_lon likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

when u have silas as your coach for 3 years, the bar is lowered that anybody that comes to save us is hyped to b the tru leader of men.

I do think ime has some sort of coaching chops to lead the celtics to the nba finals.

Arnel likes this.
  16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Personally I‘d like a middle ground. We should try to twin and not play players big minutes just because they are high draft picks. That being said, our priority should be to win big in a couple of seasons. For that we need a winning culture - so yes, try to win now. But we also need to develop our young talent.

So yes, make them earn it - but try to maximize development at the same time.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I like what he says. There were 4 guys last year who were gifted minutes last year, regardless of how they played:
    • Jabari (!)
    • KPJ
    • Nix
    • and to some extent also Green
    Everyone else had to earn their minutes the hard way.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ime Udoka on 790

•The thing that did stand out with Cam is his size for that age. Youngest guy in the draft. 6’7 235, ready to play. Drives the basketball extremely well but can get you on his hip or go right through you. Has that size and explosiveness.

•Amen does it all for his size. 6’7 215, athleticism flashes in person and on film. Passing ability, vision, size to make all the right reads and finish is unique.

(Do you just look at who’s here and say “We’re better than a 20-win team”?)
    •I saw that from day one. Before any additions with draft picks and free agents, I saw that with the group that we had already. The record and talent were not indicative of the 22 wins and 20 wins the previous 2 seasons. (@DreamShook ) It’s a matter of changing some habits, changing the mentality but when you look at the team in general, adding possibly 4-5 other guys with the draft and free agents, I think the depth will stand out and talent level has already been there so it’s a chance to take a huge step.

(Number one priority for you in free agency?)
    •Regardless of position or specific things, professionals and mature adults in the room. You want to find that right balance. Guys that have had success, played in championships, played in high level situations.

•“I said it from day one, the biggest step we’ll take is from internal growth, not additions.”

•“There are habits that will need to be changed. That’s the job of the coach and my coaching staff. We all know what winning basketball looks like. You have to take the proper steps in this process. It won’t happen overnight but you want to see growth pretty quickly from 10 games to the next 10 games, kinda chart how fast and what we’re doing well. You don’t want guys making the same mistakes but understanding it’s years of things that have to be changed.”

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

tank season is over

joshuaao, Arnel, vince and 5 others like this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Habits

Earning time

Ime making all the right noises so far!