1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With radar.

Tfor3 and mikol13 like this.
  2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Jalen looks set for a big year… and please stop saying ‘in the lab’ ;)

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Amen cooked little kids and everyone seems impressed.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Before you know it he might even start cooking middle school ball players!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man Silas was so awful, Jalen my need an extra year of deprogramming.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i lol'd

Yinka Dare likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Our feline friend posted pics of hammerhead bats.......

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The myth of Silas being so bad that everyone gets a mulligan needs to stop, its a cop out.

YOLO likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

Workout videos can be deceiving, but his shot mechanics looks much improved, especially dating back to his first game. Not surprising considering how much effort he has out into it. I also suspect that he didn't improve his shooting % as much last season because I noticed he was trying to change it during the season -- usually an offseason project.

Expecting big things from Green this year... 25 ppg on above league efficiency with a good amount of secondary playmaking improvement (product of Ime having passes that leads to the pass). That's of course as long as we don't get Harden...

fchowd0311, cmoak1982, Arnel and 2 others like this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

And he was correct in thinking this.

Arnel and Nook like this.
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Right on que.

DBag gotta DBag.

Arnel and Tfor3 like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw silas was ass. concentrated ass. 3yr mulligan.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

And when the rockets struggle to win 25 games again this year, I wonder whose fault it’ll be next. I have some good guesses in mind

larsv8 likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Year 2 is typically the sophomore slump for a lot of players and year 3 is usually the explosion season. Great news for Jalen. Terrible for Jabari. Having a slump from that rookie season would be brutal.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it will be Ime's fault of course (I don't see that happening since Silas was ass). I hope you Silas truthers aren't hoping for a bad season so you can say "I told you so". that would be sad.

as it is right now, Silas was a trash head coach and i blame him for EVERYTHING.

You cant tell me children had to tell Silas to coach them harder and asked him for more structure from his offense and he cant take the most amount of blame. The kids need deprogramming.

Tfor3, Little Bit and AlperenSengun like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I couldn’t careless. The point is a lot of you are expecting this ime magician show and you’re in for a real reality check. Silas yeah is just an easy cop out. The rockets loss that much because the roster just isn’t any good and still full of kids and unproven players. Wouldn’t matter who the coach was, you’re not winning with that. It’s still the same issue. You can blame him for everything. Doesn’t really matter. You’ll see a lot of the same issues again and he’s nowhere to be found around here

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If rockets are bad I know the silas truthers going to come out reposting. "couldnt care less", I call cap.

You guys keep saying we are expecting Ime to be a magician, but we are expecting him to be a coach. that's all the magic we want. that is how bad silas was as a head coach. I'm tweeking over just the potential of regular coaching. My magic santa clause is competency.

You guys so hurt at the utterance of Silas being an absolute dog **** coach.

Ime can win 20 games but we probably won't see Jalen in the corner and KPJ running Iso's at the top of the key and Sengun benched for a lob threat.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

If the results don’t lead to winning it literally doesn’t matter. It’s still the same issues. Like I said before you could have had pop coach these rockets teams and they would still stink bc of everything that’s already been mentioned.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The black and white positions, similar to this one, is exactly why everyone is so disappointed all the time.

You aren't in line with reality.

Blaming the coach is a lame distraction and dishonest.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is where we disagree. You can learn a lot from losing.

too bad Silas was such a bad coach he didn't even try things out while the rockets where bad.

People had to fight for Sengun to be a hub, people had to fight for him to run a play for bari, people had to fight for him to run Tari and Bari together, people had to fight for Jalen to dribble the ball. Silas didn't even try to have KPJ as a spot up shooter. I can go on and on. When you lose and there is no hope for winning you experiment to see what works. Not silas. His asst coaches were pleading with him to run a kpj/jalen pnr for months.

If we saw real growth from the players while they were losing, people wouldn't be as angry with Silas. Instead everyone thinks Jalen and Bari are busts. while Orlando in a similar situation everyone loves Franz and Paolo.

KJ and Bari had to ask their fathers for help because Silas was so bad for goodness sake
    imagine playing Nix minutes because youre so afraid of Jalen green dribbling and running an offense

i really can go on and on about how bad Silas was.

#60 DreamShook, Jun 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    BHannes2BHonest, Arnel, Bo6 and 7 others like this.