1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2023 NBA Draft/1-20] Cam Whitmore, F, Villanova

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2023.

Tags:
?

Do you like the selection of Cam Whitmore?

Poll closed Friday at 9:15 PM.
  1. YES

98.0%
  2. NO

2.0%
  1. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So, who are we higher on, Tari or Cam? Cam was talked about a top 5-10 prospect that can create his own shot. Tari as a 10-20 prospect that struggles a bit with scoring and stupid decisions but does everything else well. Tari is taller and a better off the ball defender.

They are not the same archetype, with Tari being a SF/PF tweener and Cam a SF/SG tweener. Who would you want to start at SF in the mid term?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Tari

Drift Monkey likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tari's the perfect glue guy to make the other starter pieces fit. and whitmore can come off the bench ala microwave johnson

4. Astros713

Astros713 Member

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont watch College ball much anymore so I will take everyone's word for it. I like how brute-ish his game is. looks like a bully.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

The favorites to start at the 3 right now would obviously be Tari or KPJ. I do want to make sure Cam gets minutes so he can develop though--there's too much upside to just have him sat at the end of the bench. G-League could be an option, but I'd rather see what he can do at the highest level.

Remember that he's still only 18. He's a long-term project. Even younger than Jabari was this time last year.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol Stone probably put that fake medical report out there. Genius

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What are the "medical issues" they speak about with this guy .... a broken leg in the past and something else?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

glad I'm not the only one

Ancient Moabite and DreamShook like this.
  10. Htown's Finest

I don't envy Coach Udoka at all or Stone for that matter. We really need to sort out who stays and who plays. The one thing I do absolutely expect is for us to be super competitive next season. Udoka will evaluate and set a pecking order just like he did in Boston. We just need to add two solid vets and I promise everyone here that Houston is going to surprise a lot of people mark my words...

11. Htown's Finest

Let's all give thanks to dumb ass Charlotte and Michael Jordan and Mitch Kupchak. Without them none of this would have happened LOL. If Scoot would have been taken #2 like he should have gone this draft would have been MUCH DIFFERENT...

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

The guy is a bully, it will be a nice change at the two from Jalen Green and his ballerina act.

Whitmore/Eason at 2/3 would be VERY disruptive defensively. Tari was #5 in the NBA in STL%, while Whitmore led the NCAA.
    There are question marks, for sure, the slide in the draft may be based on some real concern… But the guy is a legit talent, he may be the long-term answer at SG, making Green a 6th man or a trade asset…

Drift Monkey likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a genius, forced his way to the Rockets or any contender who had a lower pick.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could also be a Turnover fest....plug Eason or someone better instead of Cam who is a bench scorer right now.

#275 daywalker02, Jun 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    Drift Monkey and GotGame15 like this.
  16. vince

vince Member

Now that is a nice trade! Wonder if Clippers are regretting doing that tarde about now?

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Know nothing about him except some highlights. Is he better than KMJ?

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That’s so dumb. Why did he and Sam vecine put him in the top 5-10 of drafts then?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can definitely see the "not a good interview" aspect of Cam

Os Trigonum and megastahr like this.
  20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Adios KPJ.