1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

No Worries…Rockets Will Take Whitmore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 18, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes he’s nothing more than a writer with 0 experience. And his associates are even less relevant. The problem is folks like you think just bc a writer is employed in the industry makes them experts. It doesn’t.

RC Cola likes this.
  2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Alright gotcha. Thanks!

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm sorry, but if you do one quick Google search you'll find half a dozen widely known draft sites calling it a slow release, and I'm just on page one.
    And it's also pretty evident in the Instagram videos you linked, it's a mechanically sound jumper, but he pulls up from a very low point and the entire shooting motion from pull-up of the ball til follow through is slower than most elite NBA guards that shoot it at a high clip.

Honestly if you think the videos you linked are showing a quick release, you shouldn't talk **** about anyone's jumpshot analysis.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

omg not google! How’s your jump shot? Clearly trash if you think whitmore’s shot is an issue. But but I read online

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That post doesn't even make sense and you ignored what I said about the mechanics, nice trolling.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Makes plenty of sense

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel free to elaborate, but going by your posts here it's clear you are completely dodging talking about jumpshot mechanics and just want to come out on top of this.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don’t need to. I said what I needed to say. It’s basic and self explanatory.

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yup. We’ll take him… at 20 after we take Amen at 4.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for dodging again, maybe next time don't troll about things that can be analysed pretty well by anyone that has a working set of eyes and basic understanding of shooting mechanics. At least that way it'd be somewhat funny and you'd not look like a clown that shies away from actually debating.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’ll do whatever I want. I couldn’t give two shitts what you have to say

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Okay clown, carry on with the verbal diarrhea then and best of luck in your future endeavours.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah like I said I’ll do whatever I want. Next time don’t quote me looking for attention

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"How dare people engage with my terrible sh**posts on a public message board, I'm just here to talk smack that I can't back up."

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This heat sure gets people grumpy!

16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

These guys are writers, not analysts. Their core competency is writing, it’s what they went to school for, it’s the profession. He’s a journalist that writes about basketball, not a basketball expert that learned how to write. I’m sure there are plenty of average joes that are more insightful and know way more than him about basketball, but those guys don’t know how to write articles. That’s why they don’t work at the athletic.

YOLO likes this.
  17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's like this every year around draft time, everybody becomes an "expert" all of a sudden. You got a bunch of posters on here who have been lurking for years then show up around draft time like they are the second coming of Jonathan Givony. :D

YOLO likes this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lmao man I was just talking to one of my buddies about this earlier today, it’s so weird. There is a giant group of amateur draft analysts on twitter that are so oddly young, like actual teenagers. And they write stuff like “best prospect I’ve ever scouted” like what? How many have you scouted, you’re like 12. Here is the example I saw this morning, clicked his profile and he’s “class of 2026.” It’s so weird!

Glendelicious and YOLO like this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Slow shot vs. no shot…..what’s worse?