1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

#4+#20+2024 Brooklyn pick+Christoper+Garuba for Myles Turner+TJ McConnell and #7.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

If our scouts see Amen, Miller, Whitmore, (and maybe Black) as comparable prospects, I would move down to #6. For me that’s the cut off, but I don’t see it as likely that we have all those guys ranked together. We need to get the best player available with our pick.

I don’t see Walker as having star potential worth the #4 pick, and while I like Hendricks a lot those other guys are better prospects.

Still think moving up for Scoot at #2 for Jalen and #4 is worth pulling the trigger on. Scoot, Jabari, Sengun, Tari and KPJ gives us a great foundation, along with the right veteran leadership and coaching, that team has a bright future.

Sengun/?
    Jabari/Tari/Garuba
    ?/Tari
    KPJ/?
    Henderson/TyTy

Fill in the blanks with trade and free agency. KJ, JC, Tate, #20, + $63 mil in cap room should do it.

#942 Aruba77, Jun 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    ArtV, Slim and No Worries like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Green at this point is more of a sure thing/ Scoot and Green both have data of playing in the gleague at 18. SO we can do comparisons and if you worry about Green being inefficient, Green was significantly more efficient than Scoot in the gleague.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No sir. That is not a good trade. I would trade the Nets assets and pair Scoot with Green. There is only so much I can take of this trading Green nonsense. Sheeesh

topfive, Rockets FTW and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

green and 4 is def too much for scoot .

green alone prolly gets you close to #2 .

man’s you might be able to package 4 with something else .

I love Tate so I might not do it , but Tate and 4 might get you 2 . Maybe Tate and kmj and 4 . Portland wants more nba players and those two prolly could be worth their 8th and 9th spot . (Tate might even be a starter for them idk) … then they get to do the same thing at 4 and try to trade that for another vet.

NewAge and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. Ish

Ish Member

Just overpay for scoot , Tate kjm and 4 and 20 or a future first , add in 2 seconds just get the player they want..to either hornets or blazers

raining threes and peleincubus like this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

I don't know how tate and 4 gets you 2...

Portland isn't looking for nba players, they are looking for inpact players... role players are nice but they could do better...

Think quality over quantity.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

well maybe not , but you are giving them and nba player and a top 5 pick . They can then trade 4 straight up For an impact player .

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

I agree. I like Jalen Green more than Scoot, and I don't like Jalen Green.

How about this as fodder for pondering:

#4+ Green for #5+Ivey?

For me that would be very interesting and for Detroit too. I liked Ivey a lot coming in last year, but he didn't quite impress as a rookie, so not sure how high DET is on him. Also, DET probably wishes they'd taken Green over Cade in '21, so they get a mulligan and they move up a pick. What's not to like?

The comedy of Cade and Jalen on the same team will be too much...

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Damn I find it really surprising you'd think that given your post history regarding Green.

Scoot really has fallen the past few months in perception compared to his previous hype. People were(some still are) saying he's a first pick overall in the vast majority of drafts.

peleincubus likes this.
  11. theDude

theDude Member

We need impact players, too.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

at least he is only posting that and not about how he is too feminine. when the man could stomp his ass and could get more hot women in a week if he wanted than Newage could cumulatively in his entire life.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Both in Greens year , and prolly last year too I would have been fine doing a 2-3 for say pick 5 and 9 . Last time we had 2 and maybe could have traded back to 5 and 8 it was also ORL .

We do need an impact player , but who are we penciling in ? Green and smith ? Sengun and KPJ ? that only leaves SF/ PF ( if jabari plays the 3) .

Idk what to do with 4 . I def would have traded down from 2 to 5 and 8 in '21 . 4 for 6 and 11 would be a good trade for us , but we prolly need to move garuba/ jc / kmj / tate ... at least 2-3 guys to make room for those players .

and then you are planning on giving minutes to guys who are likely gonna suck ( or at least be young and inexperienced ) .

Idk if moving UP is worth it either . Im not that sold on scoot or miller or amen. Im very worried about amen. and MIller is giving me flashbacks to smith , but smith was a bit younger . Scoot is short , which is OK . but its not ideal.

I'd rather use it on a vet or move back and try to take 2 guys from the next group.

Im not that sold on any of green , smith , sengun , tari etc ...

Id still be trying to collect more "talent" . We really need to nail our cap space usage and pick up guys that can help run a system and will help the young guys grow.

I might even be trying to move on green / sengun if another team gives us a very good vet / pays a high price.

theDude likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Ok, now we are talking. The ultimate high risk, high reward play.

If we offered Green and the #4 pick for Zion... I think we might have something here...

EDIT: Too much drama around this guy...

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I mean that seems like a pipe dream. Even with his health issues I would assume you need to send someone like Green, Jabari or Sengun with that 4th for the Pelicans to be interested because Zion when on the court has shown a lot more than the guys we have. It's just his health.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i'm guessing it would take green, jabari, 4, and 3-4 other 1sts

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Zion in a Rockets Uni:

[​IMG]

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Hell, he's always hurt, yes, and even worse, once he steps onto a Rockets court, he'll slip on his own sweat and tweak a hammy for the year.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I realize a similar deal could materialize but let’s say New Orleans loves Amen.

#4/#20/KMJ/Lotto protected 2026 Brooklyn pick for Brandon Ingrahm and Dyson Daniels.