1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well not everyone watching "Tape" as you say knows what the hell they are watching do they?

Not eating crow for voicing my opinion that we aren't moving up, and I think it is 50/50 we draft at 4 based upon the offers....just because I believe the org prefers to move down doesn't mean they will....not my first rodeo.

[​IMG]

DD

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I bet Kelly Iko Bashed the Rockets not getting Ben Simmons, Caris LeVert, Jarret Allen.

All are overpaid players that don't have certain Skills and are Injury prone.

Ben can't shoot and Caris can't stay healthy, Jarrett was a All Star but not a Franchise piece, expiring deal and was about to get a bigger Contract.

Rockets got the best deal in the Nets and Those Draft Picks. Tari Eason is a Core Piece.

AroundTheWorld and ramotadab like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm not sure that's enough for the blazers. They'd be giving up quite a bit to only get Derozan in return who is an older player doesn't put them anywhere near contention. a Lillard/Derozan led team doesn't really move the needle and you'd be giving up two of your top young assets in whoever you would get at three and Sharpe.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, it is a wasted opportunity for the Blazers to really rebuild.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think that Bridges for #3 eventually gets done. It just makes too much sense

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blazers 'Willing' to Trade No. 3 NBA Draft Pick for 'Pretty Elite Player'
    Narrator: There are no “pretty elite player(s)” available.
    Same problem for the Rockets and Pistons.

Blazers trade #3 pick for OG Anunoby. Yeah, they’re really cookin’ with fire! 33 wins —> 40 wins!
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

I’m trading the 3rd/4th/5th pick for…OG Anunoby? Pascal Siakam? Bridges? LaVine? :confused:
    (In Kelly Iko’s world, Cam Johnson, Keldon Johnson, John Collins, Myles Turner, Jordan Poole)

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

I get that... i think I said I would be ok throwing in a brooklyn pick. That and the 20 should get them another quality starter via trade...

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Charlotte gets: Jalen Green & 20 (drafts Scoot at 2 )

Rockets : Lamelo & 27 ( Drafts Whitmore at 4?)

Who says no?

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m thinking #4 to Indiana for Nembhard and #7. I’d also be willing to do the same deal for TJ McConnell. Then use #7 on Anthony Black.

conquistador#11 and comrade like this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I do not think any of the team are going to draft out of the top 5. The top 5 players can be multi ALL STAR players

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd consider for Turner and 7.

Black
    Green
    Eason
    Jabari
    Turner

is a very balanced team. Would really need Green to grow into a superstar though.

theDude likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

I like Bridges as much as the next guy but the Nets are pretending he is Jokic or something? This nets have some unrealistic expectations of value in return. You can potentially get Scoot, Simons and another 1st and you say no? Marks has lost the plot

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

All I want out of this draft is height, shooting and defense. I'd be pretty happy with Brandon Miller and Derek Lively II.

PG - Harden (6-5) / Washington (6-4)
    SG - Green (6-4) / Porter (6-5) / Christopher (6-5)
    SF - Martin (6-7) / Miller (6-9) / Tate (6-4)
    PF - Smith (6-11) / Eason (6-8) / Garuba (6-8)
    ..C - Sengun (6-11) / Lively (7-1)

You want to go big you play:

PG - Harden (6-5)
    SG - Miller (6-9)
    SF - Smith (6-11)
    PF - Sengun (6-11)
    ..C - Lively (7-1)

Corrosion likes this.
  15. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

A trade of the #4 pick is very very unlikely to happen. It becomes clear if you look at the landscape of available players, and the recent noises from the beat writers suggest that’s what they’re hearing from the organization as well (Iko’s monstrosity of a column is an example).

IMO, as of today, there’s only 2 players in the NBA who are both worth the #4 pick and who have a non trivial chance of being available in a trade this summer. Bridges and Jaylen.

Siakam, Anunoby, Turner, KAT, DeRozan, Dejounte etc.. None of these players are worth the #4 pick in a good draft, considering contract situation.

Stone has always been a deal guy. He seems mediocre at a bunch of other GM stuff, but when it comes to contract negotiations and trades he’s going to get value or not do anything at all. That’s what he’s said in interviews, that’s his background, and that’s what beat writers have said.

We all know Mikal and Jaylen’s situation; it’s not impossible they become available, but unlikely, and even if they become available the Blazers are the clear favorites to get either (they have more urgency, the higher pick, and better salary matching).

I’d put the odds of us trading #4 at ~10% max. Probably less. So so many unlikely things would need to happen.

#595 carl_herrera, May 26, 2023
    Last edited: May 26, 2023
  16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

They're afraid of having to rebuild after trading all their stars and not having their own picks. They want to be able to sell their fans that they're "re-tooling".

That's why I want the rockets to go after Cam Johnson and be willing to overpay. Make the nets feel like they're backed into a corner because they can't compete. So, either they trade us Bridges for their picks back or trade him somewhere else for young prospects (making the nets picks better anyway).

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I tend to agree that Derozan isn't a needle mover for them and that they need more return for their assets .... also think whoever they get needs to play the 3 or 4 spot.

Who is out there that is a needle mover at those positions .... that might be available??

18. Landry's Tooth

I think the contract thing is overblown.... under the table deals happen all the time. They did it with Chris Paul.

Also, usually they would be in position to offer the most money. So if you're ok maxing a guy then he would have to take less money to go somewhere else.

Then you still have sign and trade possibilities though that will be harder in the future....

19. Landry's Tooth

That's possible, but as I laid out, there logically isn't much else unless they want to unload a bunch of future picks...

Kawhi? Gobert? George?

Nets like Bridges more than #3 apparently...

There could be something out of left field but part of the problem is because their backcourt is set, that limits the position and players to target...

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

The question is how committed they are to running it back with Dame and actually trying to contend. They sound all-in, but of course they have to say that, unless they plan to trade him immediately. If it's actually true that they want to be competitive, they basically have to make a move.

But it's also possible they're just making polite noises and are not actually that willing to trade the #3 pick unless they get an excellent value. They may think they can get more value at the trade deadline by holding onto Lillard until then.