1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

WOW

Those trade proposals are legitimately mind blowing. I thought I was reading an Onion article. Just wow

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

What an idiot Kelly O'Stinko is.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So i read an article yesterday about how the Pistons are trying extremely hard to trade #5. Cant find it now, so I guess maybe call it rumor, not fact, but it got me thinking...

I'm sort of wondering if there is just no market for the pick. The Iko trades are ridiculous, but maybe they speak to the idea that there really isnt anybody who feels motivated to give up anything for it at this point.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think there is definitely a market for the 4th pick, because of Amen. After the 4th pick not so much. I don’t think anyone, outside of clutchfans, is so enamored with Jarace or Cam that they would give up a lot to move up to 5th (even though I like both players). Then there is the definition of what constitutes “a lot”. I’d give up the 20th and KJM or Tate for either of those 2 players.

OremLK likes this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

The trouble is the draft gets really murky after Amen/Miller/Scoot. It's not that those guys you mentioned are bad prospects, they're very good, but so are Ausar Thompson, Taylor Hendricks, Anthony Black, Cason Wallace.......

I'd guess teams in the top 10ish range are confident somebody good is going to fall to them.

Corpusfan likes this.
  6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I heard it from an old insider on this board that doesn’t post here anymore that we have no interest in moving up. We are open to trading the pick altogether or down but not up…

jch1911 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing new.

(45:15) BW: There was an assumption that maybe Portland would be willing to trade their pick. Now that they’re in the top 3, I’m not sure it’s as available.

TM: If Portland’s pick is not available, Dame might be.

BW: They might try to walk the line which is keep Dame and the pick.

TM: Dame has made it clear he’s not trying to walk that line.

BW: Detroit indicated 5 could be available.

(46:14) TM: I wouldn’t rule out 4 by the way. The Rockets have made it very, very, very clear that they want to contend for the playoffs this season. … Fertitta was promised a 3-year rebuild. The 3 years is over. It’s now what they call it phase 2. Tilman has made it clear he feels there’s a lot of young talent on the roster. He said there’s 4-5 potential young all-stars. I’d like clarity on who those players are. I do think, connecting dots, 4 could be available.

BW: So we think 3-4-5 could be available and 10(Dallas).

jch1911 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly, and this is 100% the best way to go, so many lemmings want Scoot, but the org knows, I just wish people would get on board.

DD

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

4 and Porter to the Hornets for 2.

If he's as good as some folks here think, it's a no brainer for them. Am I right?

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

This is gonna age well.

11. DaDakota

Don't be a Lemming - the Rocks are clearly showing they will trade down, and don't want more youth, they believe that they have the all star players developing already, and THEY ARE RIGHT !

DD

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Doesn't endear you to anyone to call people who disagree with you "lemmings"

13. DaDakota

Because it is right.....I don't follow the influencers, I look at actions of the org, and extrapolate out from there, they believe we have the talent already and they want to nurture it with players that HELP that talent, even IME said this......

So many people just look at shiny objects without considering the depth of what the org is doing, or what Stone has been tasked with, or what IME has said, and it leads to needless pandering and speculation.

If you actually PAY ATTENTION to what they are doing and saying it is obvious....

Well, if the shoe fits.

All these folks out here begging for Scoot, or other young players, when it is QUITE CLEAR the org is going a different direction. It only leads to disappointment and unnecessary criticism of young developing players.

It is staggering how harsh we are on 20-23 year olds learning the NBA game - instead of getting behind them and supporting them and their unique skillset.

We have 4 potential all stars on this team in Green, KPJ, Bari and Sengun - and it may be that they all get there, they are all trending that way, we don't need more - we need to support them and help them get to the mountain top and that is what the org is doing, much to the whining of other fans about it.

It is disgraceful - the plan is working, just tired of the b****ing about it along the way.

And the problem is that most people are followers, not leaders, they are lemmings....can't answer a simple question about why they like a player - because they were told to like them by someone else...is their answer.

DD

#573 DaDakota, May 26, 2023
    Last edited: May 26, 2023
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Pretty funny for you to call people lemmings who have legitimately spent many hours studying tape, statistics, scouting reports because we enjoy this stuff, while you just march off a cliff in almost complete ignorance, since you admitted yourself you don't care about the draft.

I hope you're ready to publicly eat some crow if and when the Rockets do keep their pick (or trade up).

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

And all the lemmings say...
    Shiny objects galore!!!!

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

God dam all you lemmings!

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. marinara

marinara Member

Pick 4 + tate for pick 3

edit: Portland send the rockets 8.3 mil GPJrs trade expectation

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kelly Iko trying to be a Relevant Journalist, I bet he wants to be hired by Fox or ESPN.

Ever since Kelly tried to create a rift between KJ and the Rockets trying to force a trade. Rafael Stone squashed the trade rumor. Kelly went Real Silent after that Lol.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kelly Iko trying to be a Relevant Journalist, I bet he wants to be hired by Fox or ESPN.

Ever since Kelly tried to create a rift between KJ and the Rockets trying to force a trade. Rafael Stone squashed the trade rumor. Kelly went Real Silent after that Lol.