1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao He only wanted to leave once Harden asked for a trade, this is non sense.

SamFisher likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Read this board in the past or any past news, he was vexed by all the coming late to sessions and practices, and during road games disappearance acts to strip clubs.

Way before that.

But yeah, he formally asked to leave right when Harden wanted out, that is correct.

kjayp likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Everyone wanted out at roughly the same time - on the plane home from the stupid bubble series:

Morey
    Dantoni
    Harden
    Westbrook

It's pretty irrelevant as to who technically asked first.

Nobody was going to run it back for TF another year

BHannes2BHonest, The Cat and HP3 like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

A decade plus of unfortunate events.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering this board has a bunch of folks who post nonsense who act like they're spreading news and its mostly bs self made up garbage.

[​IMG]

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yo man, there are still too many people on here that wanna keep Hard-ons nuts in their mouth... i dont get it... idk is it that folks dont wanna admit that they've supported a narcissistic sob all those years or what... lol

idk what it is in people that they gotta think their athletes are model citizens or good guys or act admirably... if they are - great, bonus.... but most often its just about if the mf'er can put a ball in a hoop... lol

xtruroyaltyx and HillBoy like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

folks are supposed to care what a random westbrick OF says because

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

For some with the regards to Harden if it’s a negative story/rumor it’s automatically true because ANYONE said so. Conversely positive stories/rumors(teammates saying he’s a great teammate) “yeah well who cares what one guy says, I know what I know”

YOLO likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Armchair GMs always believe they know best

HP3 likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I honestly think there's a lot of hogwash in the whole leadership thing in the NBA.

The kids we have on the team do not know how to play basketball properly. They need someone to guide them on a micro level where to be on the court, when to cut, when to pass, when to attack. They don't need clap clap clap inspirational mentor at this point because they are so far away from being a contender.

theDude and HP3 like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Didn't watch but glad IMI

There's enough rando takes. Takes are free!

HP3 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Leadership is more about commanding respect. A guy when he talks, people listen. When the going gets tough, he can rally. When someone needs guidance, he is there to do it. When the attitude stinks, he can call it out without embarrassing himself. It doesn't have to be the best player on the team, but it usually does because being able to carry the team is an important trait for respect.

The coach also should fill the leadership role. But coaches are like bosses and players are like colleagues. The relationships aren't the same.

We need the vets not just teach them how to play winning basketball. That's of course important. The kids also need to be shown how to conduct themselves as professionals. That's the proverbial "culture" thing.

xaos likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I respectfully disagree about the culture thing. I think it's important at the highest highest level, maybe when you are on the cusp of being in the WCF or Finals and you need to able to stick together during tough times and push through.

The whole conducting themselves as professionals, bad attitude thing is the least of our worries. I think the core group of Jalen, Jabari and Sengun all seem to have good heads on their shoulders, they are not lost off the court, they are lost on the court. Harden for all his playoff elimination game choking, 99% of the time makes the best reads on offense on the court. He's always directing traffic and getting other players in the best spots to score and making the right passes. I think all of that is more important right now because I can't watch Jalen Green and KPJ play street ball and lose 60 games anymore, it's going to do permanent damage to their habits

By the time we are trying to compete, Harden will be long gone, we can sign a attitude adjuster then

Dobbizzle, YOLO and HP3 like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I can believe he's better as a locker room guy than he's been given credit for. People see him going to clubs, Vegas, etc, plus the couple of times he's visibly quit, and think that translates to "locker room cancer" because reasons. It's not necessarily the case.

That said, I do have my doubts that he's the hold people accountable, lead by example, insane work ethic type of good locker room guy. I'd guess he's more of a positivity and good vibes guy. But who knows? None of us are players. (Except Jalen's burner account.)

kjayp, HP3 and jordnnnn like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao, one article when that came out after he asked for a trade doesnt mean anything. He asked for a trade because Harden WAS ALREDY LEAVING.

And yet he still would have stayed had Harden been here.

And that is all that matters. Your last part is literally all that matters.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agree to disagree. I think good habits are needed for both skills and attitude and habits are formed when you are young.

If they get Harden, I hope he sets an example of hard work, resilience, competitiveness, etc. I don't care about strip clubs and partying unless they interfere with the guy's dedication to winning.

apollo33 likes this.
  20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's really secondary how Harden will be as a leader & teammate if he returns to the Rockets.

The main issue, is how his game will age in the next 3 to 4 years.

As the reports have indicated, Harden is looking for a big long term contract. It makes little sense for him to turn down his 37million dollar option to sign another short term contract (2yr) - like he did the previous year to help Philly sign Tucker, House, etc.

If Harden gets anywhere close to his 4 year max, it could be the worst contract in a year or two if he continues to decline.

Some of Harden's numbers have dropped precipitously, particularly the % of his shots at the rim, the % he converts at the rim, dunk attempts, # of drives and even his ftr has dropped significantly since leaving the Nets. Furthermore, once an iron-man Harden has been injured and missed significant time the past two seasons.

Most superstars have seen their game drop of a cliff once they approach their mid-30's. Very few age and maintain like Lebron, Curry, KD but instead rapidly decline like Westbrook, Wade, Pierce, Carter, T-mac, etc. Even a workaholic, super discipline and focused player like Kobe was pretty much done after his age 34 season.

Harden will be entering his age 34 season and I wouldn't be surprise if he's all-star level player, but I have seriously doubt about it after that.

Easy, BamBam and OremLK like this.