1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets even interested in Scoot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 22, 2023.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

#121 burlesk, May 25, 2023
    Last edited: May 25, 2023
    Ancient Moabite and daywalker02 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My attitude is how championships are won, not forever drafting....the next shiny object in the stream.

DD

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

No I don’t have a problem with Scoot or any of those players, never understood the hype of Mitchell though.

I was high on Henderson all season until I started looking at other draft prospects. I personally would take either twin over him for the versatility and ability to play defense on opposing forwards

4. PatBev

PatBev Member

No I don’t have a problem with Scoot or any of those players, never understood the hype of Mitchell though.

I was high on Henderson all season until I started looking at other draft prospects. I personally would take either twin over him for the versatility and ability to play defense on opposing forwards

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Your attitude is not how dynasties form though. The draft is how you build a dynasty. Young players develop and if you keep what you draft, you are the beneficiary. If you entice other teams with your next shiny object all the time, you end up trading Kobe for Vlade Divac. Sometimes winning takes patience. Pretty much every time it takes patience actually.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m glad nobody here is our GM

We’d be stuck with LeVert & Allen fighting for a play in spot every year if it was up to clutchfans

carl_herrera likes this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Yeah, but did you see those dunk highlights? Super cool.

r-fan-since-81 and No Worries like this.
  8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

You always need MORE high end talents on the team, particularly the ones that outplay their contracts (aka rookies)

Especially when NONE of the ones we have has panned out. Talking about logjam and lack of development time when the number of high end talents on the team cannot be counted with one hand is hilarious.

Saying we have enough talents is honestly so UNSERIOUS.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

We have had our draft picks we don't need more developing players now we need to let those we have develop.

DD

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

11. DaDakota

So, other than what people have heard about Scoot H, there is nothing that says, can't miss other than hearsay on the interwebs it seems.

DD

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wrong

13. DaDakota

Well spoken how can anyone argue with that logic? I mean wow....the thought process you most have endured to type that in ......kudos young man.

We have our Superstar already on the team.....just got to let them emerge.

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Who’s our superstar?

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you're wrong. you will see you're wrong by the team's actions these upcoming months.

16. DaDakota

Right now, I would say that both Green and KPJ are trending towards all star status, and Bari and Sengun are a year behind, we don't know yet.

OK, how am I wrong and tell me what you think will happen. Put yourself out there, tough guy.

It's easy to stand on the sidelines and go "You're wrong" without actually taking your own risk of being right or wrong, so let's hear what YOU think is going to happen.

DD

PS. Kudos for getting "You're" right.

:)

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

So basically nobody, even according to you.

18. DaDakota

We are still developing, and I hope the org is looking to add a Bridges, or a Brown to this core as well.

But all those players are way ahead of anyone we might draft this year by at least 2 years.

DD

r-fan-since-81 likes this.
  19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ultimately without a superstar, you can’t win. Outside of that one Detroit team, you’d have to go back to bad boys with Thomas? Dirk would be the worst recently I believe and even he’s a top 25 all time guy

20. DaDakota

There is no one in this draft outside of maybe Wemby that is a Superstar, or projects as a can't miss.

DD