1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No disrespect. I “lol” because it was a 4 for 1 deal especially including two good role players. I have never seen any such deal for an unproven player.

The market value for those players you mentioned are high. There’s a reason the Suns, Nuggets, and Celtics, and Heat wanted Tate and Martin. All these teams are contenders and these two players who might have not fit with the Rockets young inexperienced core, played winning basketball enough to catch their attention. Anyway its your opinion and you are entitled to it. Be easy

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kelly Iko getting cooked online for his trade packages, lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

They can get more for Bridges. They could probably get 4, KPJ, Tate, KJM and their own 24 pick back from us (maybe more). Bridges is exactly the kind of vet we could use and we really don’t need more developmental players not named Wemby or Scoot. Not only that they could get all their picks back just by adding Claxton. They probably aren’t but they should tank and can only do that effectively with their picks.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

What the hell is that lol

All that for a couple of solid roleplayers? I sure hope that's just Iko blowing hot air and not some kind of insider info about trades Stone is considering.

i3artow i3aller and Mathloom like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nah, these aren't Stone considerations. These are Iko sh*t-stains.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Some day for some random reason the rockets will cut off Iko's rare access to inside info and the rest of his CV will be really really bad.

I know he has an account here, so if he's reading i really hope he wises up about how flimsy his career is right now. He needs to be better or it's just not going to work out well for him. Go get mentored by someone, dive deeper into understanding basketball or establish some other reliable sources of information. And yes sometimes stand up for the fans when the rockets are suggesting something stupid to you.

Those two trades. Man. Like those trades he proposed are worthy of firing your GM for even suggesting them.

KJ, Tate, #4 and TWO future picks for CAM F*cking JOHNSON? How can you be that insane? My god.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah. There’s like 20 posters on clutchfans that know more about basketball and the Rockets than dumbass. Most of us would write his articles for him for a very moderate fee.

8. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Those make me wanna gag

saleem and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  9. Sengun

Sengun Member

Kelly Iko has one of the lowest IQ in the world probably. I always read a different bs in all his news.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

Posted this on other thread... works on spotrac:

To Blazers:
    Demar Derozan
    Kenyon Martin Jr
    #20 pick (for center)

To Bulls:
    Shaedon Sharpe
    Kevin Porter Jr
    Jae'Sean Tate
    #4 pick

To Rockets:
    Patrick Williams
    Jusuf Nurkic
    Nassir Little
    #3 (Scoot)

If Portland needs more I am ok throwing in one of the Brooklyn picks...

Blazers Derozan to pair with Lillard and Simons. They get a cheap athletic 4 who can space that they don't have to commit long term to yet. They get a pick that should get them a rim running 5 either by drafting the player or trading for one on a rokkie deal.

Bulls get younger and more flexible on cap space. The #4 pick is the big draw for them to either go point or foward to replace Williams. This saves them 20+ million per on a Williams extension a year from now. Sharpe can play behind Lavine until he develops. Tate and Porter can play right away. They can walk away from Porter in a year to save cap space. Porter replaces White. They can also resign Dosumu and draft a big at #4.

Rockets address point guard (Scoot), forward to pair with Jabari (Williams), and backup center (Nurkic) while only using 10 million of cap space.

They give Williams a big extension if he stays healthy in a year and go over the cap at that point.

They sign Harden essentially as a hedge on Scoot and Green. If Scoot looks great, they can play Harden off the ball. If Green improves it takes pressure off Scoot. If Harden quits or plays poorly, they can give him the Paul George treatment and limit minutes...

Harden / Scoot
    Green / Christopher
    P Williams / Little
    Smith / Eason / Garuba
    Sengun / Nurkic

Have concerns about backcourt defense but would be a decent team with spacing...

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You know, that's actually not bad. One of the more sensible trades I've seen suggested, I'm not sold as Christopher as a back up 2 (I'd prefer to keep KPJ and give him a run as the off guard to see how much better he fit) but getting Scoot whilst retaining Green, Sengun, Bari and Eason and it actually does make sense for all teams. Yeah not bad at all.

BamBam and raining threes like this.
  12. Landry's Tooth

I think in that scenario I prefer adding some backcourt defense instead of Harden... maybe Caruso and Derrick White as contract dumps... Pat Bev a possibility...

Theoretically Williams would become the other star... 22 year old who plays defense and is a 41% 3pt shooter is good value. His injury history is definitely a factor and his career high scoring is 10.2.

If you have Harden or Scott running point with Sengun down low and Green/Smith/Williams as spot up shooters I can see a lot of possibilities.

Sengun in the high post with cutters could be deadly. You have spacing for drivers.

Segun's pick and roll needs work but not impossible he improves.

Park Jabari and Pat in corners, have Sengun in high post with Scoot and Green as cutters... maybe run those guys off of screens by the shooters...

Lots of different looks...

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would like trading for CP3 or Conley instead of signing Harden in that scenario to get the locker room straightened out and mentor up the guards

Dobbizzle likes this.
  14. sogood.

sogood. Member

No chance in hell Portland does this.

Spoolxx and CantStopJG24 like this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

Lmaoooooo

16. Landry's Tooth

Not opposed to that... prefer Paul over Conley...

Morey is gone. Paul had beef with Morey lying to him about not being traded. Not sure if he harbors anything against current regime.

My guess is he would hate the situation and want a buyout to go to Lakers...

xaos likes this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’s not lying. Every trade scenario I read from Rockets fans have us looking desperate and like we’re trading against Danny Ainge

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

IDK, I could see something along those lines. Portland is pretty desperate right now, teams in desperate situations sometimes do make these sorts of trades. I think #3 + Sharpe is probably not a crazy overpay for DeRozan + KJ Martin + #20. The one issue is Nurkic. He is a big piece to give up. On the other hand, he is getting paid pretty commensurate with his value. But even still, he's an important roleplayer for them, so IDK.

19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Remember when TF said Chris Paul's contract was the WORST he had ever seen (even when he knew WHY it had been negotiated).
    Pretty sure CP3 remembers....

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hmmmmmm.... so the trade of those 2 that dropped out of the Top 3.