1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jalen Green's thoughts on James Harden coming back to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's Finest, May 22, 2023.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Surprisingly I'm actually against a Harden return, I've had tons of praise for him throughout the years but its just insane at this point to let him back after the stunt he pulled and how he ruined this team. However, if the org feels like he can take Sengun to the next level I'm all for it. Harden and Sengun together would be a nightmare for the opposing defenses. Those two can create shots all day for Jabari and Green, its about Sengun taking the next step in his hall of fame career not about being petty over how Harden did Houston.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sengun is great enough to not need aging Harden. That is the beauty of having a great player.

If he folds, he was not great.

That is the responsibility to not hide behind formerly great players.

Salvy and fattz like this.
  3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you were supposed to do this from a burner account Jalen

MadMax likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Harden on a 2 year deal makes some sense. Nothing more than that for now. (his age & our future)If he where to make it back to us coach would have his hands more than full. Harden is a very coachable player, we have seen his style of play change several times with different teams. Harden’s life style around this young team is not ideal. Because what JH does on the daily most can’t.
    Here is the rub, Harden has to have a crazy strong work ethic to continually grow. Which he did EVERY year he was here. There was something new annually. One would think for that to happen he is in a gym somewhere. As crazy as this sounds Porter would benefit the most because he seems to be a gym rat.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Salvy, he’s old and slowing down. It’s just not worth it. And that’s just the basketball reasons. I supported the guy when he was here but his time in Houston has come and gone. We should leave that 34 year old book closed.

beardsanity713, fattz and Salvy like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sengun has potential but he’s not great yet.

fattz likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Those comments are up for interpretation. It depends how you look at it and which side of the fence you are on. If you are anti harden you look at the the negative. Green also said there is positives to harden coming back so if you are pro harden that is is a legitimate reasoning that it’s not a slight.

Overall I don’t think Green has no enough clout to sway the Rockets management to go either way because he has achieved nothing in the NBA. He is not in hardens league now or will end up being in Hardens marketing ability for the Rockets.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I agree with both of you here, Sengun needs to thrive on his own.... Something Harden could never do, the sentiment was always that he needed help despite always playing with a hall of fame player. I also really enjoy watching Harden choke for other teams in the playoffs, I'd like to be able to tune in every year and hopefully watch both Rockets compete in the playoffs and watch Harden fail miserably......

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a fan, as I always said, if he wants to ride the bench as a 38 year old, he would be welcome for the farewell tour.

It's about respect more than anything.

Clap clap clap.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jalen Hurts lol

From Jalen Sometimes.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Jalen seems like a chill ass dude.

BallSoHarden and wlekfjv923n like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't got no gun.

Correct me if im wrong
    Isn't that basically him saying he has a gun?

bmelo likes this.
  15. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

He was trying to be agreeable to the host

BallSoHarden likes this.
  16. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

He was trying to be agreeable to the host

amaru likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Setting aside how much he would help or hurt the team at this point in time, Harden in the past has been a little slippery when it comes to comments, both direct and through others. He's not always forthcoming and tends to be self-serving when he thinks it's necessary.

I still don't think he signs here, regardless of how much interest the Rox have, unless they give him 3 guaranteed years at the max. Or at least 2 guaranteed max years and a player option on a third.

daywalker02 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Technically it is a double negative......but doubt he intended to flip to a positive.

19. amaru

amaru Member

More like Paul George pushing Jalen to agree with analysis tbh.

20. amaru

amaru Member

More like Paul George pushing Jalen to agree with analysis tbh.