1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Nothing is Silas's fault lol

2. maj21

maj21 Member

Ime is gonna realize there isn’t a defensive scheme that Sengun can excel in

3. Vudu

Vudu Member

I disagree with that. Especially since he made those statements AFTER watching Sengun on tape.

4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Most of the posts and probably all the threads claiming Sengun to be the best of something are made by long time clutch fans posters atw and hakeem94. I challenged atw's stats that he used to claim Sengun is a good defender. If you actually have a problem with those posts, talk to them, not some imaginary gang of turks. We all know you can't and won't because that's not really the issue.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just gonna leave this here for the Alpi fans

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like aggravation it chisels your character. Learning how to debate with stubborn and insecure people is a skill everyone should learn. Gets you ready for the 'real world' :D.

Ancient Moabite and cml750 like this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The target for Alp is to become MVP of NBA, not to be the best player of Houston Rockets.
    If Alp not to join MVP race/voting is a failure. He has circa 12 years to succeed in.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So whats the issue? You think I hate Turks? LOL ... if the small amount that were banned here represent the all then it wouldnt be too hard. On Sengun - some people just get offended easily when any sort of criticism is brought up about him - a cringe ass insecurity seeps in and the finger pointing, whatabouting and the excuse-a-thon commences. That may not be YOU directly, but it definitely happens whenever a negative gets brought up and if you're going to lump yourself in with the "We" thought process then you have to own that too. I quote the posts I disagree with most and aim for civility, but I can play petty and passive aggressive with the best of them! Its what keeps us young right!? :D

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

o_O

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I hope you don't set the standards like this for your colleagues/phd students:

'If he/she can't get the nobel, he/she is a failure' :D:D

Ankara1923 and Easy like this.
  11. mightybosstone

MVP is a tall task. I think a good goal for Sengun and Green would be All-Star first and then one day making the All-NBA rosters. If they could pull that off and do it consistently in their primes, I'd be extremely satisfied with that. That plus winning basketball games and consistently making the playoffs.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Walter Matthau said that?

13. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Also, the game and the players are evolving and improving, quite rapidly. Sengun, in my opinion, is going to be much better than Sabonis, which would make him immediate multiple all-star, had he played his prime in the same time period with Sabonis. The same performance might not be enough for the comig 10 years to make multiple all-star teams.

One big advantage of Sengun is that the center position is not improving rapidly. He probably will be one of the leaders pushing the change.

14. mightybosstone

If he gets to a point where he's clearly a step above Sabonis at his peak, then I think we'd all be thrilled with that. And I agree I don't think that's an unrealistic goal even if he's got a long ways to go to get there. I agree that centers with the unique skillset that guys like Sabonis, Jokic and Sengun bring to the table are extremely rare, so making All-Star games and All-NBA teams is reasonable.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yeah... quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever read in this thread.

17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

you must have a big ignore list including rocket champs and maj :D:D

I am just messing with @Ankara1923 . I know he has high standards. He also set the bar for rockets at nba finals if I remember correctly.

AroundTheWorld and Ankara1923 like this.
  18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Oh, I do! I left maj off though for amusement purposes.

19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Correct. I see Rox in '26 Finals if FO does not make "vizi capitali" i.e. trading Sengun+Tari for Jaylen Brown type of idiotic moves.

20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

He was a great guy. Little bit optimistic i reckon . I cried in Mare Nostrum/Barcelona (year 2000) when I learned that he passed away. R.I.P. Walter.

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.