1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] The Underrated 20th Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, May 24, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kobe Bufkin
    Rayan Rupert
    Jett Howard
    Leonard Miller
    Lively II

Hood-Schifino
    Sensabaugh
    Bilal Coulibaly
    Noah Clowney
    GG Jackson

Klintman
    Cissoko
    Colby Jones
    Kris Murray
    Prosper

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I have a feeling this pick will be used in some kind of trade, whether that's to move up and get Scoot or in some other deal. If it isn't, I'd target Lively with it, or just whatever borderline top 10 prospect drops, if any of them do (Taylor Hendricks, Gradey Dick, those types of guys).

randerson, groovemachine and Pringles like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I would rather keep the pick give Rox track record of getting useful players out of the lotto.

For a draft like this there might be someone who drops as Oremlk alluded to, or just get Prosper who pretty much balled outta his mind in the combine showing good motor, hops and developed skillset in scrimmages and drills.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  4. Ancient Moabite

They should use it on a big body/rim protector for second unit, either the big from Purdue or Duke

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Zach Edey? If the Rockets want him they should buy a second round pick. He could be a nice pickup but not at #20. More of a late 2nd round type of guy. Old school big man in the mold of Boban.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

man that guy is a statue. A big statue, but a statue.

hajkov, daywalker02 and OremLK like this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

The other even younger Frenchman shows promise as draft and stash. Bilal Coulibaly has the size and shows skills to be a very special player in the near future. We are full of youth maybe let him mature a while. Llyll 2.0

wlekfjv923n and Believe It! like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

RG vipers draft preview time oh my

Nook, napalm06 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

Stone has done a MUCH better job with his mid first round picks than the high ones. I hope he picks another gem like Sengun and Eason.

MorningZippo, randerson and Nook like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets have enough young players that they need to develop

trade the pick for some win-now help

Sixers last year got De’Anthony Melton for useless Danny Green and the 23rd pick

What could the 20th pick and someone like Tate get u?

Jayzers_100 and randerson like this.
  11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

If we don’t use this pick to trade up, I’d rather we keep this pick. You never know what you have until you see.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Jaden McDaniels from Minnesota on a buy-low trade?

hlmbasketball, BigMaloe, Nook and 2 others like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Funny enough he has the fastest lane agility for all centers at the combine and a faster 3/4 sprint than Emoni Bates.
    I don’t think he’s an athlete but he’s not a statue.
    Combine that with 9’8 standing reach with a 26” standing and 30” max vert. There isn’t much he can’t do above the rim.
    He is very much an old school center and I wouldn’t use a first on him but I think he could be a good long term back up

hajkov, Moe and BaselineFade like this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Dude is far more skilled than Boban and he keeps getting better and better. He’s a very good passer as well.

I watch a ton of BIG 10 ball. When Edey first showed up on the scene I thought he would be a total stiff because, well, he was. He works incredibly hard in his craft. He has a very good feel for the game.

All that said, he would fit much better into the 80’s/90’s style of NBA basketball. I could see him being a solid guy off of the bench longterm, but you never know.

Hood-Schifino, I think will be a player. He may go before the 20th pick. He plays both sides of the ball and hasn’t come close to reaching his potential. He has that cut your heart out gene that I love so much. I’ll be watching his career.

So being an IU guy, I thought Trayce Jackson Davis did the right thing going back to school. I thought he was too much of a tweener to make it in the league. With the lack of a jump shot, I thought he would have no shot at being a productive NBA player. Now, fast forward a year and I see something totally different. Dude has a great feel for the game, makes players around him better, high IQ, good around the rim, very good passer and rebounder. I could see him playing a point forward role in the league because of his ball handling and playmaking ability. Still, he needs a jump shot. It’s vital to his success imo. If he finds one, I think he could be a very solid player in the league.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets trade back for #6 & #11. Take Walker, then use #11 & #20 as ammo in a deal.

16. R=$

R=$ Member

Granville Waiters 2.0

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ben Sheppard
    Tristan Vukcevic

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really like James Nnaji. And if they want to draft and stash that's an option with him too.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like Sensabaugh or Nnaji

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I can't say that I watch a ton of Edey but the times I do I've gotten a different vibe.
    To me Boban is Edey with much more range on his jumper!
    Matter of fact I think Boban may even be more agile than Edey as well.
    Edey really looks lumbering to me the times I've watched him and that's against college kids.
    I personally wouldn't use the #20 on him and even if we buy a 2nd rd. pick I'd probably go another direction there as well.

I think out of the players that could reasonably be there at #20 (Taylor Hendricks ain't dropping that far) I'd prefer Lively or GG Jackson (for some offensive firepower off the bench).