1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's thoughts on James Harden coming back to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's Finest, May 22, 2023.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Talented players are not all playing good basketball. That's why we need to develop. That's why coach and system are so important. That's why our young guys playing so inconsistently.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Fresno Represent.

#62 daywalker02, May 23, 2023
    Last edited: May 23, 2023
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Ancient Moabite

so was Mobley just a talented player who scrubbed it up in his playoff debut? I Am not trying to make an excuse for the young talented player, but averaging 10ppg in debut is pretty scrubby for a talented player right, or no? It wasn't Garland/Mitchell fault was it? Or was it Bickerstaff fault for not running more plays for the talented best young under 21 yr old on that team?

5. Vudu

Vudu Member

Mobley has been hidden by Allen since he's been in the NBA. People who haven't paid attention tend to overrate him.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Jalen’s burner account is gonna hate me saying what I think, so I’ll just keep quiet

7. riko

riko Member

I love transparency … Good for Green.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So Jalen Green actually publicly agreed it could hurt.

Udoka said this:

Does "more complementary honestly" and not looking for an outside guy to save the day sound like "we're going to spend $45m on James Harden"?

It's looking more than ever like this is a Harden leverage play, even if someone in the Rockets front office is buying it. That's from the mouth of two Houston Rockets members rather than "sauces".

#68 Mathloom, May 23, 2023
    Last edited: May 23, 2023
    IvanLCPM, BigMaloe, Vudu and 6 others like this.
  9. kpdark

kpdark Member

"Internal growth"

it is the way

BigMaloe, larry cook, Vudu and 3 others like this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You are absolutely right! It's easy to forget that we are talking about kids who have been put under a microscope at a very early age. Looking forward to see him mature on and off the court! Hopefully he'll be a key piece in bringing HTown another downtown parade in the NEAR future!!

Go Rockets!!!

Htown's Finest likes this.
  11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

This appears to be a leverage play from both sides if I'm being honest. Why would the 76ers fire Doc if there was not at the very least a conversation had between Morey and Harden of what coach would be best for Philadelphia moving forward? Harden I'm sure gave Morey some glimmer of hope that he could possibly return back to Philly for this kind of move to be made. The real threat of you leaving Pennsylvania and taking your talents back to Texas will help James secure the coach and the salary that he wants. From the Rockets perspective being tied to a star player like James Harden helps them not only secure the coach that they really wanted in Ime, but it could also help acquire free agents with all the buzz in the media of what the Rockets could possibly do in the offseason. I think once Harden's camp leaked that James is looking for a 4 year $200 million dollar deal that took us out of the running for Harden even if there was "real" mutual interest. I could be wrong but I hope Fertitta is not this desperate and stupid to pay Harden $50 million per year. But we shall see...

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a talented player who was in the playoffs for the first time....I'm pretty sure the Rockets lost Hakeem Olajuwon's first playoff series too. It's so odd going after one player for struggling in his first ever playoff series while attempting to defend a player who has only helped his team tank for 2 years. One had a bad playoff series, the other has had a bad career thus far.

Seriously though, you do come off as a teenage sports fan with the most simplistic view of the game. The whole mindset where PPG is the ultimate metric shouldn't make it out of high school.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is probably his best and most extensive interview I have watched.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I really loved the informal setting of the interview. Jalen Green was really laid back and he appeared just like a normal dude. It felt like guys just shooting the shyt. I loved it!

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

This 10000 times

Arnel likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Green and others are very much willing to share their thoughts. Why should we care he has shown nothing over the years that matches the play of the person we were sold. His slam dunk contest mirrors his career. Not a fan of hype without substance. Maybe he does something for y’all but I don’t see the appeal. Green needs to stay in the gym and off of media because he has let the franchise and fanbase down.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It took Devin Booker a long time to become a winning player. Many of the criticisms levied against Green were valid observations about Booker. I think the talent, performance and drive are comparable. Let's see what happens.

anthony59237 likes this.
  18. HealthyHamstring

This is a great post

Mathloom likes this.
  19. Ancient Moabite

I wasn't questioning rather Mobley lost and I mentioned he was talented player who struggled but you said that the talented players perform well

Which is funny you mention Dream, who I would imagine put up 20+ppg/12+rpg in playoff debut, which is how talented players usually show up win or lose

The Rockets were tanking for a planned 3 years which also makes your hype that you try to push on the two lotto picks because nobody ever said day one they would change the Rockets from not finishing in bottom tier record instsntly, you created that fiction straw theory and ran with it

I thought the playoffs is where you make your true status? So Mobley has never had a bad stretch h in regular season since entering league? 15ppg and 9rpg is good start for career but its nothing to boast about, including his defense which is nice but Brunson/Randle thought otherwise and didn't seem to have problems with it

Had Mobley put up Dream PO debut numbers your diatribe against Green would have reached even higher levels, if that is even possible

Seriously though you come off as a bitter teenager who doesn't get their way and consistently rants about it, I already told you the TRUTH is simple as 1+1 is 2

Ppg is still being used as it was in the 1960's, you seem to have a problem with it, send a memo to the NBA about it and tell them to get rid of it, inclusive with rpg/spg/bpg

I use all stats equally, not just ppg, which is another thing you are trying to single out and run with it

Arnel likes this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member

Silas to Green the first half of his rookie season: Go stand in the corner!

Silas to Jabari the first half of his rookie season: Go stand in the corner!

i3artow i3aller likes this.