1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Actually, just thought about it.... Charlotte and Portland don't need a PG, so there is a shot of getting Scoot.

...unless someone pulls a Texans trade and jumps us.

2. Rockets34Legend

3. Rockets34Legend

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would not treat it as a lock that Charlotte or Portland would be willing to trade the draft rights to Scoot away, nor that they would pass him up in the draft. You take the best player available.

But definitely call and ask. Find out if they're even willing to listen, search for a three-team deal if necessary. If you can get it done, do it, even if you have to overpay.

saleem likes this.
  5. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Trail Blazers Could Hold Bidding War For Third Pick

The Charlotte Hornets, who got the second pick in the lottery, aren't considered a great fit for Scoot Henderson, who most consider to be the second-best player in the draft behind Victor Wembanyama. ESPN has Charlotte selecting Alabama forward Brandon Miller with the #2 pick. If that happens, Portland could see trade offers pour in from teams looking to move up to pick Henderson.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271595/Trail-Blazers-Could-Hold-Bidding-War-For-Third-Pick

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I wouldn't be so sure about either of those teams not taking him, but I would be through the roof if we got scoot.

saleem, Aruba77 and xaos like this.
  7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I want him. But when u consider Portland can just make a deal with a team like Brooklyn, or Toronto straight up, I’m not sure there’s a realistic possibility of the rockets being able to move up to draft scoot. I still think we have to get to #2 to get Scoot. We know a lot more about what Portland wants than the Hornets. If the Hornets like Whitmore for example, a trade down to 4 makes some sense if they can pick up an unprotected 1st or a core building block. They better be doing everything they can to get Scoot; this guy has the drive and the talent to be great.

saleem and OremLK like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Scoot seems more like a Donovan Mitchell guard than an actual point guard. That's not a deal breaker but it's not exactly the cleanest fit alongside Green.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think he's an underrated playmaker. I do think he often looks to score first, but I think he's closer to somebody like a young D-Rose than Donovan Mitchell. I think he'll probably get like 7 or 8 assists per game.

saleem likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A very wise observation. It's going to be very tough to pull it off. Amen is just not ready for the NBA right now. I also feel that only Indiana might want him with the injuries to Halliburton. Myles and 7 for 4 and 20 may work out. Take Walker or Ausar with the 7th pick.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im willing to trade the Brooklyn 2026 unprotected with #4 to move to #2 for Henderson. Not willing to move the 2024 pick. I think that is a great pick next year.

Y2JT likes this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush, as they say.

I think with Scoot on the team and surrounded by our existing core, we've got our future superstar and a good cast around him, so I have no problem with trading next year's Brooklyn pick to move up. Yes, that pick could be really good, but it could also be like #14 and not worth losing sleep over.

Also keep in mind next year's draft class is supposed to be weak as hell.

15. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

This is pure fud, Paolo episode #2.

RoyalGuard and BigShasta like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Almost anyone can get 7 or 8 if they have the ball enough.

I don't know enough of Scoot to know this answer, but maybe someone here does:

Does Scoot project to be the kind of player who, when the team has had 3 consecutive shitty offensive possessions, is able to slow it down and get the team a good shot? I think that's what matters for a PG. Boston does not have such a player so when it gets bad on offense and it can really bad really fast. I'm hoping Scoot has that capability.

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You are asking for a superstar. Prime Harden was merely borderline in that role. No rookie can realistically run an offense prosperly, choosing to set up or take his own shot.

Scoot is as close as you can get in this draft as he is the #1 PG in the class. Black is probably #2, but his shooting is suspect.

18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Black is just a tall, kinda athletic point guard and average shooter. Brandon is a better player than Black. When Alabama played Arkansas in the 2nd game, Brandon tried to cover him and Brandon embarrassed him everytime. Anthony Black is nice but Houston needs Amen Thompson if we cannot get Scoot

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Amen is an almost 21 year old playing against children. Chill it with Amen being a better point guard than actual college players.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I must have worded that poorly. I don't expect him, or anyone, to do that as a rookie. I meant to ask: does he project to be someone who becomes that kind of player? I know that's a hard thing to predict, but I don't think anyone we currently have will become that kind of player. So it's something I would like to get.