1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are you taking with the 4th pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, May 16, 2023.

?

Who are you taking?

1. Amen Thompson

148 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Jarace Walker

34 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Ausar Thompson

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Cam Whitmore

37 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Trade the pick

101 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. Other (Specify)

14 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Damion Laverne

Trade down and pick Whitmore

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Let’s see who’s left, it’s like last year basically. We pick whoever’s left and it can still be Miller though rather go for Walker if Amen is taken, which is definitely a serious possibility.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now that I've thought about it, I think Jarace Walker makes the most sense given what the Rockets are looking to do.

No one has seen him more than Fertitta, and his defense would be welcomed by Udoka.

He's got a 7'2 wingspan and he's not going to be pushed around by anyone.

4. PatBev

PatBev Member

This 4th pick is giving me such a mind **** lol

5. amaru

amaru Member

Wemby and Scoot were far and away the best prospects in this draft. We won’t get either. Hell we probably won’t even get Miller. I think you trade the pick.

madbomber likes this.
  6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

LOL at all of you who think that trading the pick is the best option. If the 4th pick is a crap shoot for us, exactly which other team will be all over it?

BMoney likes this.
  7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The Management should only pick the best available player ie Kris Murray.

Yes K. Murray is the next best player, Y

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What do you do with Smith though, play him at the 3 or 5 long term?

9. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I wonder if we can get Siakam for that. Siakam doesn't really fit the timeline but who cares, we have no picks and he would be our best player by a mile. We would actually look respectable out there.

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I actually think you can probably throw 2-4 points on both KPJ and Sengun's point averages there and still be realistic. Sengun in year 3 is going to have a lot more strength to compliment his savvy, he'll do bits inside given a chance even if he doesn't come with range and nothing about his personality tells me he's taking his summer off. I think KPJ with better coaching can easily put up 20 points, especially if any of Green/Jabari/Sengun take a leap and draw more heat to get him open looks from deep.

Drift Monkey and Boii like this.
  11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

It doesn't matter who the Rockets get at 4. The fate of this franchise has been written for the next 4-5 years. LUCKY if they sneak into the playoffs one of those years.

The only good news regarding the Rockets is we are DONE paying Tillman anymore for season tickets, and finally used up whatever BS credits we had for tickets after the COVID nonsense.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I literally came in here to say this. And I thought I’d be the only one.

Make no mistake, Jarace Walker is going to be a beast and the Thompson twins will be a bust. They already are a bust. Sasser also will be making a whole lot of teams regret not drafting him.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he’s 6’5” and not worth the 4th pick in my opinion.

Arnel likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trade down and get an extra unprotected 2024 FRP.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I trust Stone with a top pick.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

• I've come down off Jarace Walker a little--I wouldn't hate it, I still think he'll be a very good player in the league and will make all-defensive teams. But yeah, he's a bit shorter than I thought, which makes me more worried about using him as a small ball 5, which was the role I was envisioning for him in the league. I view him as a shorter Joakim Noah with better offensive skills, if that makes sense. He probably caps out as an all-star, not all-NBA.
    • With Cam Whitmore, I'm concerned about his decisionmaking and lack of court vision/feel for the game. Kid doesn't seem to have any court vision or very much basketball IQ at all, and those things are hard to teach, although granted he is very young so maybe that will develop naturally. Tantalizing upside, but I think Amen is the better "toolsy athlete" prospect and fits better on the Rockets as well. Again, wouldn't hate it, but not my pick if Amen or Scoot are on the board.
    • Anthony Black is another guy I like a lot, and I would consider taking him if we had fallen to #6, but I view him as having lower upside than Amen Thompson while having a similar overall player profile (broken jump shot floor general), so again, I'm going Amen there. Crafty IQ guy, pretty good athlete, just not a stratospheric athlete like Amen Thompson.
    • Ausar Thompson is more of a wing--Andre Iguodala is the comp I keep hearing--and I don't think he has as much potential as his brother. He also doesn't fit as well with the Rockets, given our biggest single positional need is a real point guard and we already have two shooting guards and a bunch of combo forwards. Although he would immediately be the best defensive player on the team, I think, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.
    • Taylor Hendricks basically seems like a worse version of Jabari. I don't think we really need another tall, good-shooting, good-defensive combo forward, we already have Jabari and Eason is kind of in that general vicinity as well. Really good future roleplayer, doesn't make a lot of sense in our circumstances.

RC Cola likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's 6'6.5" barefoot. With shoes, he's probably closer to 6'7.5" - 6'8".

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I want Dick. I like it when he shoots his shot. Looks good and feels right.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

good catch. I think 249 is too heavy though. I see EJ Lidell.

just my opinion and I know he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s worthy of the #4 pick. I think there’s a lot of Cougars homerism on this board.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's 6'8 with a 7'2 wingspan.....

Rudyc281 likes this.