1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Minnesota also might see Conley as one of the few pieces outside Ant that they need to keep because at the end of the day he's a good vet to have on your team to pair with someone like Ant.

xaos likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Can't go back to Harden

[​IMG]

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1*NJyE3rZSRqS9qbBBPcLArA.gif

Salvy likes this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I believe the Rocket’s Brass is going after James Harden. I believe they are going to sign Harden for the Max….and if Celtics lose to the Heat….Jalen Brown is going to be upset and will be looking for a Super Max this summer. Celtics are not going to pay two SUPER MAX players who cannot get out of the East! So, Houston is going to trade their 4th pick, 3 more FRP, KPJ, Tate and KJ(and maybe Sengun) FOR Jalen Brown. Celtics might ask for Sengun and Rocket’s Brass would say YES…..The Rockets are desperate, Harden desperate to get paid(and we are the only team who can sign him outright) and Brown would be desperate for Coach Ime, and a a new team.

Desperation make people do things that does not make sense……Rockets are going after Harden

PG: Harden
    SG: Jalen Green
    SF: Jalen Brown
    PF: Jabari Smith
    C: Sengun….maybe

Bench
    Tari
    Garuba
    Christopher
    TyTy Washington
    Back up Center

Not bad?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let him run the drafts.

6. xaos

xaos Member

Can Rockets even pay Jaylen Brown the supermax under any scenario?

7. xaos

xaos Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...at-nba-supermax-contract-and-how-does-it-work

"Very few players qualify for a supermax contract. First, only a player that has (or will have) completed eight years of NBA service by the end of his current contract is eligible to sign a supermax deal, which can only be offered by the team that drafted him or traded for his rookie contract."

By Brown making all nba that seems to have reduced our chances at him if Boston wants to keep him

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

True. Just strawmanning.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Boston sign and trade. Expect to gut the team of nearly all future and current assets. Brown will sign that Boston super Max no matter what.

11. xaos

xaos Member

I thought there was a period of time (1 yr?) that a recently signed super max contract can't be traded?

Not saying you're wrong, just trying to clarify

12. Asian Sensation

I’m not sure either. I’d like to know as well. Either way it’s not happening imo with that all nba selection you mentioned.

xaos likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If those young guys are as bad as you think, you really shouldn't care whether we get Har-God or Har-Devil. It's not gonna make much difference. Is 10 more regular season wins really gonna raise your enjoyment that much? And that's assuming Harden keeps his level of play and stays healthy for most of the season.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Har-Average.

Easy likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

10 more wins? OMG - I'm old man, don't make my blood pressure spike. That's 50% more wins, that would be a rare treat.

If I offered you an Almond Joy, but it had 3 Almond Joys and not 2, OR watch KPJ and the DiddlySquatters win 22 games again, you're eating the candy bar, and loving it.

B-Bob and Easy like this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Samfisher might be the winner of least able to handle a rebuild award. LoL.

ElPigto, xaos, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Au contraire. We're not desperate in the least. We hold the 4th pick, the Brooklyn picks/swaps, 60 million in cap space, and a ton of young talent. We just hired one of the best young coaches in the League.
    Our Rockets are coming from a position of massive strength and flexibility.

BamBam and Htown's Finest like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like your optimism.

And I'm sure star players are lining up to get a chance to play with Harden for a shot at championship. Maybe he will recruit EmVPiid.

I don't get why you assume that if we don't get Harden, it means run it back. Don't forget we are having a new HC. Even if the roster remains the same, it won't be "run it back."

And the pro-Harden crowd somehow keep being scared about overpaying some lesser vets while not caring about overpaying a declining Harden. Weird logic.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No... we rather pay for someone who is genuinely great rather 3-4 players whose entire purpose for their existence is to support someone who plays great.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, there have been some really cynical takes of late by Sam. The Gaffer would tell him to lighten up.