1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Harden being signed should be contingent on whether we pick Scoot Henderson, not the other way around.

This kid is special. What some of y'all are missing with him is his intangibles. He has that dog in him. That ultra-competitive, will not accept losing, MJ, Kobe, Jimmy Butler type of attitude. You get a guy like that you know he is going to work his ass off and do whatever it takes to succeed. You get a guy like that with elite athleticism and a phenomenal innate feel for the game, you have a future superstar on your hands. That is what scouts see in him that those of you scanning box scores and stats are missing.

Wemby is the better prospect, because he is a total freak of nature like we've never seen before. But there is a world where Scoot still ends up being the more dominant player, and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

When his team played Wemby's team, Wemby's stats were more impressive, and he was probably the best player on the floor.

But Scoot's team won the game.

arabrocket and moonnumack like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Personally Im on Thompson over Henderson at thus point. Close though.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Say we win the lottery. Would yall pull a Texans and offer Jalen Green and Bari or Alpi and more for #2? Say Charlotte gets #2 with Ball already at PG and they envision Ball throwing lobs to Green and the excitement it could bring to the franchise + another high potential player in Bari or Alpi. 3 of these guys are fan favorites, but for a Wemby and Scoot pairing-would you do it?

jch1911 likes this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sure #20, 2026 FRP top 5 protected (turns into something), Jalen Green or Alperen Sengun, Christopher, KMJ.

Wemby
    Smith
    KPJ/Eason
    Green/Hart
    Harden/Scoot or Amen

Caesar likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's not going to get it done with Alpi being the main piece. It's going to have to be Jalen or Bari.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think Jabari + a pick or two would be the most likely way to acquire #2, should we land at #1. He must be viewed as not too much lower in value by GMs since he was being considered for #1, and would fit well with almost any team in the lottery, whereas Scoot only fits particularly well on the teams that don't already have a true point guard.

Also, Wemby plays the same position as Jabari, so it would make the most sense from our perspective.

Caesar likes this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is no indication that Scoot is any better a prospect than Jabari or Green, so no.

If we get Wemby, Sengun obviously doesn't fit anymore, so you could offer a package built around him and the Nets picks for Amen or Scoot. That makes sense, but Green, no.

Caesar likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't agree with this--scouts and analysts are higher on Scoot than they were on Jabari or Green. That is the indication he is better. Remember that this draft class is better than those were. Both of them would probably go between picks 3-6 in this class, after Wemby and Scoot for sure, right around the same range as Brandon Miller and Amen Thompson.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Back to 2 19 year olds and a 20 year old? hells to the no.

If you get Victor you have the clippers pick, Eason, Sengun, all the Nets assets, KPJ, etc to form the team how you see fit. Hell if Charlotte drafts Scoot in your scenario they could trade Ball to the Rockets for all of the above and tank for a year or two. Having Scoot, Sengun, Eason, Nets assets to start off with already along with who they draft the next 2 years.

Ball
    Green
    Victor
    Jabari

or would this lineup work

Scoot Henderson
    Green
    Eason
    Jabari
    Sengun

That has a higher probabilty than almost anything. The Rockets can get Scoot if they really want him regardless of where they land. Again though the average age of that lineup is only like 21 years old.

Caesar likes this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Show me where scouts are higher on Henderson than Green?

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm not going to go digging for links to all the videos and articles, but I've seen many who have said he is among the best prospects they have ever scouted, some of them going so far as to say he has their second highest grade among prospects they've scouted after only Wemby.

I'm sure you've seen all the stuff about "he would go #1 in most classes" yourself.

Believe It! likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I would like all of that as well even though Ball is never healthy. I keep thinking with Charlotte in mind. The potential sale and needing excitement could shake things up. Ball obviously is exciting but Scoot is a bigger prospect than Ball ever was.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don't get why people are high on Scoot.
    No shooting, no defense, no height.
    As to the playmaking, just look at his turnover numbers.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

He's got a money middie game. He's got flashes of CP. We can recreate the Harden/CP backcourt...except older and slower and fatter and younger and swoler with less bark.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

As much as I want Wemby, I want the real Scoot from this draft to take over the PG position and move KPJ to a 6th man role.

arabrocket and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Scoot is KOOL!
    LFG!
    [​IMG]

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I like this lineup. Get Tyus Jones and some big guy backup. Done. Or Harden on a 2-year deal, I guess.

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

By chance we land the 2nd pk

It would suck initially, but after the anticipated meltdown, this would be nice...

Scoot
    JG
    Tari
    Bari
    Sengun

Give them a year of Udoka and see what happens.

Still gotta bring in a couple of 3&D vets, but excited for what the new coach will bring to the current roster.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member