1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Hasn't been watching Philadelphia

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Philadelphia has MVP. Harden wasn't first option. Nobody in Rockets can take the ball from Harden.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  3. Htown's Finest

I have cable, I watched every 76er playoff game this year. Did you watch them all? When Harden dribbles the air out of the ball that's all Maxey or any player can do besides setting him a screen. Why do you think MVP Joel Embiid was upset (clapping at James to pass it to him) that he wasn't getting the ball?

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Also hasn't watched Philadelphia

5. dmoneybangbang

And while I am admittingly being tongue in cheek about how long Harden holds the ball, it's still a Harden led offense with all of its pros and cons. I have watched the Sixer national game and watched all of their playoffs game....... and the result is Rockets 2.0.

Did we just not watch another Harden led offense look inconsistent in the playoffs? Why is this guy a good fit with our current roster with the way he plays?

PeterKingX and xaos like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, this is getting ridiculous at this point

you’d swear Maxey was PJ Tucker with hair on offense

Maxey never got the ball, yet somehow averaged 18 shots a game in the playoffs and took 24, 14, 16, 17, 21, 20, and 12 shots against Boston in that series…How’d he get up so many shots while barely getting the ball unless there were 3 seconds on the clock?

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Occasionally not predominately. A lot of the time makes an early entry pass to Embid and looks for an open space. Phili also lets maxey try to create and Harris on occasion. You have preconceived ideas about how Harden will play in houston without considering how he played in New Jersey or Phili.

8. dmoneybangbang

And despite Harden's "brilliance" and Maxey's improved play........ another Harden WET FART in game 7. Another inconsistent individual playoff performance and team playoff performance.

It's Harden. At some point it's about the results instead of the constant excuses and cherry picked advanced stats. Harden was a great Rocket, but ultimately he was more Karl Malone.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

And now Brian Geltzeiler is reporting phoenix and Harden are mutually interested. It just makes the most sense

10. riko

riko Member

Bro now we have Brian Geltzeier of situs Xm and nba insider is saying harden and Phoenix have mutual interest. It makes to much sense

11. riko

riko Member

Bro now we have Brian Geltzeier of situs Xm and nba insider is saying harden and Phoenix have mutual interest. It makes to much sense

12. riko

riko Member

My guess would be Harden for Paul in a sign and trade. Morey loved Paul and Harden reunite with Durant

13. Htown's Finest

You can quote all of basketball reference and post every advances metric that you want Reeko LOL. YOU ARE WRONG. Jalen Green is a scorer, Kyrie is a scorer. JG and Kyrie don't need James Harden to get buckets but Harden will handicap the rest of the team if he comes back here. I never said that JG should just chuck up shots , but he needs to have the most shot attempts on this team and he needs better consistency (if Green is going to become as good as we all think he can be). That point is not debatable at all if you remotely watch any Rocket's games as I know you do. I do agree that the our starting PG spot needs to be upgraded. I don't understand the Tatum point you are trying to make at ALL. Boston had a prime Al Horford, Kyrie Irving, Marcus Smart, and Gordon Hayward on the team from 2017-2019. I'm not sure in what world you think Tatum or Brown would have more shot attempts than those guys I just mentioned (a lot of moot points in your argument).

14. Htown's Finest

It's not about preconceived notions bro. It's about understanding the game of basketball. Former and current MVPS garner a lot of attention. Yes Harden is very good at passing the rock but you also have to factor in the roster too. The way Harden plays benefits the Nets and the 76ers since they have a lot of older players.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m bringing facts

How are u gonna tell me facts are wrong?

[​IMG]

meanwhile, u are here telling me Maxey never got the ball and just stood there like he’s PJ Tucker…a complete lie

u are telling me Harden stifles all these players…a complete lie

I watched Kyrie, Maxey, and KD next to Harden. Did u? Based off what you’ve been quoting me, it doesn’t seem like it

so now that it’s been made clear that Harden isn’t stopping Jalen Green from getting a bunch of shots and touches, now it’s Harden will handicap the rest of the team

Tyrese Maxey, the 3rd option, literally took more shots than Harden in the regular season and playoffs, but somehow, Harden is stopping Jalen Green from leading the team in shots…

the Tatum point was obvious…shot chucking at low efficiency and “leading the team in shot attempts” or “getting all the 4-20 games out of someone’s system” isn’t some prerequisite for good development

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

I think this will show every shot attempt by Maxey these playoffs

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CF...eamID=1610612755&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The biggest challenge Houston would have with Harden back is whom is his primary big in the pick and roll….. Smith or Sengun?

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Nobody can win championship with Harden... It's meaningless that Rockets are only fighting for playoffs. We know playoffs Harden the past decades.

Just please don't bring Harden back. You would feel Hopeless.

19. Htown's Finest

Since you like FACTS so much, it is a FACT that Harden passed the ball to Embiid more than any other player passed the ball to another player in the whole entire NBA this season. Most of James Harden's assist were to Embid this year that is a FACT. Let me ask you this, who is going to be our version of Joel Embiid on the Rockets next year for Harden? It's easy to lead the league in assist when you are an elite player like James Harden and when you are playing with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, and Joel Embiid. Sadly, we just don't have those type of guys on this team. Nah the Tatum point was just silly, not sure where you were going with it but I digress.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden averaged 9.4 apg in the games without Embiid this year

Harden averaged 10.5 apg in BK last season in 12 games without KD and of course Kyrie playing with a bunch of nobodies

Harden averaged 10.4 apg in Houston the year he got traded playing with the great Christian Wood, Nwaba, Tate, Sterling Brown, and washed Wall and Boogie

so there goes that talking point

nah, my Tatum point was great…what was silly was your Maxey take and wanting Green to get the 4-20 games out of his system…what’s also silly is this notion that Green will have issues getting a lot of shots

YOLO and riko like this.