1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

CP3 cannot stay healthy and he is no longer a superstar in this league……he is just a smart but slow role player

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

What exactly is stopping Jalen Green from thriving next to Harden? Maxey did it. Kyrie did it. What is stopping Green?

this is the latest remix of the “Harden and player X won’t work because there’s only 1 ball”…Harden even made it work with Russell Westbrook

Are u gonna make the argument that someone like Wemby wouldn’t thrive next to Harden? Miller wouldn’t? I can hear the argument for Scoot and Thompson, less so Scoot.

Harden would literally be the only one on the roster who would be able to get the ball to Sengun in the post or recognize when he has mismatches. Sengun could also roll to the rim for dunk and layups off easy passes from Harden.

Green on the court looking like a lost soul desperate for an elite playmaker, and u want him to continue to not have it? Most people say they’d rather bring in a veteran PG, but then list no names nor elaborate on why that would be the better on-court and future option.

Jalen Green is already taking 18 shots a game with 28% usage in year 2, he has the ball plenty…the problem is that he is not efficient and has to create too many of his own shots…he was assisted on just 35% of his twos and 57% of his threes as a 2nd year player

Devin Booker, a much better scorer than Green currently, was assisted on 66, 63, and 69% of his threes the past 3 seasons and the lowest for his career is 58%…he has been assisted on at least 39% of his twos the past 4 seasons

y’all keep trying to act like Harden comes here and then Green becomes a spot up shooter who barely gets the ball, and Sengun will never see the rock because he’s not a lob threat…the way he would help Jabari, our #3 pick as well

[​IMG]

u can’t tell me u watched the last 3 years of Rockets basketball and think Harden will kill the young player’s development

Harden is a master with the rock…they say Beard got a degree in Petrology and Mineralogy

snowconeman22, DatRocketFan and YOLO like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

looks like someone didn’t watch game 5…figures

like I said, Harden not scoring in the 4th quarter of game 6 was the problem if u want to focus on 4th quarters…who gives a sh*t if he didn’t score in the 4th of games 5 or 7

I’ve already said numerous times what I think Harden will be doing here, no need to rehash it for the millionth time

4. Landry's Tooth

I'm not saying I'm happy he's likely back. I wish there were a ton of good free agents who were younger.

That being said, the thing a lot of people ignore is he is still a really good distributor and that can help develop our talent further by having a competent distributor.

He's going to get better looks for Jabari, Green, etc. He will also help with consistent spacing for Sengun.

He's going to draw the better defender away from Green or Porter to make their lives easier.

This all assumes no trade which is what I would prefer if getting a star level asset.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm right there with you. A big NO to the max or anything close to it.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

It doesn't seem like he will be back after his comment "I'm just looking for the chance to compete". It seems he is looking to join a contender which is highly unlikely we will move from close to the worst nba team in decades for 3 years to a contender next year. It would take gallons of kool-aid to buy into we have some sort of chance at a championship next year or anytime soon. However, stranger things have happened I guess.

7. riko

riko Member

At this point I think the Rockets will probably offer him 4/190 million dollars deal. . That’s about 42 million a year

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm not saying it i'm knowing it.

HarGod is an awesome god.

9. dmoneybangbang

Lol… I did and the Sixers fans did too…. Interesting to see what Sixers fans think…

Just confirming you are looking forward to 4 guys standing around watching Harden dribble.

10. riko

riko Member

I don’t think there is another contender that has the capspace to offer him a big deal. I think if the lakers get off and let Dlo and Beasley walk can have about 30 million .. unless he accepts something even lower his only option is philly or here

11. riko

riko Member

I don’t think there is another contender that has the capspace to offer him a big deal. I think if the lakers get off and let Dlo and Beasley walk can have about 30 million .. unless he accepts something even lower his only option is philly or here

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How about the Philadelphia 76ers? Aren't they a contender?

13. riko

riko Member

I said it’s Philly or here

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re embarrassing yourself if u think Sixers fans cared that Harden didn’t score in the 4th quarter of game 5, a game they won and had complete control of

Embiid 33, Maxey 30, Harris 16, Harden 17, 8, and 10…b-b-but he didn’t score in the 4th quarter of a game we were up by 16 heading into and led by double digits the entire time

this is what happens when u didn’t watch the game

and yes, I’m sure many Sixers fans were talking about how Harden didn’t score in the 4th quarter of game 7 down a million points…I’m sure that was a pressing issue and not his play for the 1st 3 quarters

confirm whatever u want, my actual thoughts on Harden have been said many times

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They are not.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

For the vet min? No. Hell to the no!

17. riko

riko Member

If I’m James I’m signing with Phoenix a one year 15 million dollar deal and if the parlay ayton and Paul to say Bam or another big man go from there

Harden
    Booker
    Durant
    Craig
    Bam

harden plays the Paul role and go from there

18. dmoneybangbang

But but but…. I need to defend Harden at all costs!!!1!1!

Sixers fans are talking about more than just Harden’s 4th quarter wet farts.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

At the end of the day, when we sign harden the folks who support the Rockets will still continue to watch and the ones who are boycotting bc of harden aren't the real fans in the first place.

Btch all u want about harden ain't gonna make a difference if we sign him, I'm just looking forward to winning again and seeing actual improvements playing with an actual pg in Harden

Worrying about not winning a ring signing harden is the stupidest sht i read.

That sort of worry should b from folks that recently won a ring, not one that hasn't won a ring since '95 and been dead last 3 years in a row.

HoustonCRT, HP3, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Honestly given the reactions here or overreactions I think James is better off going to a Phoenix on a one year deal for a ring. I want to see him win . Embiid ain’t it

Little Bit likes this.