1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Read the whole thing, but it is a straw man.

No pro Harden returning poster is advocating not looking at what options are available, quite the opposite actually.

Literally begging for ANYBODY to lay out what these other options are....and its nothing but crickets.

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

100% true, however, let's take the knee jerkers and fan base out of the equation....

Based on my memory and without going back to confirm his stats, he's attempted less than 15 fg attempts and has scored less than 22 pts in most of his playoff losses. If you're the leader of the team, if you're the best scorer on the team, heck, one of the best scorers in the league - fg attempts need to be at 25+ at a minimum. Some nights may be more/less efficient than others, but damn, at least try.

The reason Harden has the reputation he has is because he doesn't seem to give a crap. Maybe he does. Maybe he is playing his ass off. However, sometimes perception is reality. And the perception is that he chokes when it matters most.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

@YOLO just like when the Rockets traded for Russ, i was cautiously optimistic. If the Rockets bring back Harden, i'll likely feel the same way - cautiously optimistic, but little/no expectations to ever have a deep playoff run with him on the team unless maybe he goes back to a 6th man role.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

It was stupid from day 1 to trade for a shitty westbrick. In no way is that relatable. The rockets at that point were a win now team that got worse. This is nowhere near that as mentioned over and over and over.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

i don’t care if we lose. We don’t have the picks for the next few years anyway. As long as they don’t suck like they do now.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You would want harden to be the 6th man behind….kpj? Wowzers

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

You would want KPJ on this team????

[​IMG]

pippendagimp and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Agreed.... it was a terrible trade for many reasons. However, I was still optimistic that Russ would revive his career with Harden - i prefer to give players/coaches/FO's the benefit of the doubt until they've revealed themselves for who they are.

I gave Silas the benefit of the doubt through about half the season this year - after still seeing no improvement after 3 years, he proved he wasn't the right man for the coaching job here.

I gave Russ the benefit of the doubt that he would revive his career with Harden. He proved himself as washed and "done", and in all of his stints after that.

I gave Harden the benefit of the doubt when he went to Brooklyn with Kyrie and Durant. I gave Harden the benefit of the doubt with Embiid. He's now proven himself to "not bring it" when needed most.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Westbrick revealed who he was years ago well before the trade. It didn’t need a houston uniform to realize that. There’s no such thing as magically transforming a player

the rockets were never going to win much more than they did with or without Silas. That’s a product of a full rebuild. Kids don’t win in this league until they learn to later on in the best case scenarios

harden was literally the reason Philly won 2 games of the series and one of them was without the mvp. Those don’t get deleted just because they didn’t win game 7. Every one of those games counts

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If we want a good PG, Christ Paul is far better than James Harden.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You could see Game 7 against Boston unravel when Harden got the flagrant. All the sir went out of Philly.

Embiid stank up the place, too. Maybe they gave it a good run and had no gas lrft. The refs did dick the 76ers in Game 6. I don't know.

Oh, the offsesson.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden has a year of player option left, right? Is he even going to decline the option and go into FA after this stinker? Is he confident that some team will give him the max?

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Of course not, but who’s starting is harden is the backup

14. Htown's Finest

We're literally still in the middle of the playoffs. The draft lottery has not even happened yet. There are teams that just fired their head coaches that are unsure of what direction they want to take the team moving forward. The off-season is about 6 weeks away. Things are fluid, so YOU are correct that no one on this board will have a direct answer to what direction we should go in since the other 29 teams probably are still forming their plans as well.

Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People begging posters for alternatives when NBA teams don't even know their future.. just tells you how impatient folks are.

Long lost Harden fanboys, uniting once again for a Playoff exit.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  16. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Dear Diary,

The 76ers lost to the Boston Celtics today. They were level with Boston early in the 3rd quarter, but ended up losing by 24 points. I had always thought that I would want James Harden back in Houston if he took a discount. However, it is now clear to me after that poor performance, the only way I would want him in Houston is if he gave a heavy discount to allow other key signings this off season. If he doesn't accept a heavy discount I don't want him at all. He will not be a positive for the young guys and will still need the ball in his hands to be effective, which he isn't anymore.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO

cbass likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ah yes the same ole i rather watch us tank and lose than get into playoff and lose stance sounds really appealing if u repeat over and over.

With a bunch of youngsters now I rather take losing in playoffs over tanking any day of the week.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I already said there is a in the short run and there is a in the long run.

In the short run, no darn is given if he signs here or not.

But the rational mind still says he is a declining player who is nearing his retirement. It is what it is though.

Not everyone or at every point in their life does one have everything one wishes. One selects the lesser evil.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member