1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you take Harden or Ja Morant?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 14, 2023.

?

Who do want shooting on court and not instagram ?

1. James

27 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Ja

59 vote(s)
    60.8%
  3. KPJ

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

ja's attitude and hardon's booty. hof mvp.

Dredd, Dobbizzle, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I want kpj, wood, morant, kyrie, and nix

apollo33, clutchdabear and Jontro like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston has rappers who are better than NBA young boy

if we get harden back that would be NBA old boy who hangs out with Meeks mill
    @J.R.
    @Os Trigonum

mightybosstone likes this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You know, if this most recent controversy means that Ja will be available and on a discount...

I would take him with a big fat THANKYOU

That said I’ve never seen a basketball player try so very hard to screw himself over

6. riko

riko Member

Ja gun slinger Morant but is he available?

#6 riko, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
    raining threes likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Kyrie comes close yeah but this guy is literally throwing his career away

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Scoot Henderson

9. i3artow i3aller

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

As an Australian, I don’t see what the big fuss with Morant and his guns is. Don’t y’all have 20 mass shootings a day or something? Not like he shot someone on the court.

Fulgore, CarlosGM and VooDooPope like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

All Ja needs is a Brandon Miller to ship him his guns when he has an itchy trigger finger.

Dredd and clutchdabear like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

10 of 10 would read again.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Where's the fourth option flat earther kyrie irving

groovemachine likes this.
  14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Would you like your throat slit or a shotgun blast to the dick region? Hmmm…they’re both tempting…No. I can’t decide.

groovemachine likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So you firstly insinuate America has a gun problem - which means you think something needs to be done about it.

But then don't see a problem with Ja Morant - an NBA player and idol to young kids all over the country - brandishing firearms making it look cool to be gangsta.

How many young kids do you think see that and go daaaayyyuuummm I wanna be gangsta like my hero Ja!

Bruh.

foh, tinman and red5rocket like this.
  16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No. I know America has a gun problem. I don't have a strong feeling about what needs to be done about it because I don't live there. But what feels like 1/2 of Americans love their guns. So why is everyone freaking out about Morant? Because he is an NBA player? Are there no other pro-gun American celebrities?

Anthony Edwards can hate gays, Kyrie can hate Jews. Draymond can assault someone. But Morant and his guns is where the line is drawn even though he is not really hurting anyone?

#16 YaoMac09, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    darksoul35, CarlosGM and VooDooPope like this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is mostly perception of the use of the guns, and his tweets which would support that perception. American's that like their guns primarily like them to make them feel safe when government fails to keep them safe, and also many people enjoy shooting in a controlled environment as a hobby. If he were shooting at a range, or on a large secluded property / or holding weapons at his home in the day time I don't think it would be an issue. The fact that he is driving in his rolls royce and dancing with guns, or dancing around drunk at a strip club waving a gun at 2am is going to be perceived differently.

You have to look at the complete picture of what has gone on and where. He has pointed a gun at a 17 year old kid after a disagreement about basketball, he has tweeted threats towards women and shooting them, he or his crew pointed a gun at members of the Indiana Pacers after a game and a disagreement, he has been drunk at a strip club in the early hours of the morning drinking while brandishing a weapon, now he is sitting in the driver side of his rolls royce dancing around with his gun while his friends make gun motions and sing about killing people. You do all of this, you are using the guns to make yourself look tough, not because you believe in gun rights as a way to protect yourself, and not even as a hobby for someone who enjoys shooting them. There is a big difference in why many Americans may like guns or believe in the ability to own them for their own protection or hobby, vs. using them to intimidate people.

From a professional standpoint you need to be aware of things that may come across as intimidating in nature and understand you are representing brands and a team, a big part of their job is promoting the franchise and promoting their sponsors, they are spokespeople for these brands. Their personal life that they make public via social media impacts the team and the brands they represent. Morality clauses are very common, its not just a Nike and NBA thing, its within many corporate jobs as well. We have seen lots of Tik Tokers get fired from their corporate tech jobs by posting personal things that outsiders think is harmless, I personally have similar clauses in my employment as well, I believe many people do but don't take the time to read their employment letters.

#17 BallSoHarden, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
  18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't think a single kid watched either of Ja's videos with guns and thought he looked cool.

In fact, he's been getting roasted by all the young comedians on social media that kids watch.

If anything, his cool factor has been taking a major hit this year.

19. SamsonCorletwo

Ja Morant should be go to South Sudan
    I know he love gun,so using his gun do some good things for the world

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I clearly answered in my original post why people are speaking out negatively about Morant's actions.

100% agree. That's why a certain demographic of young kids aren't associated with a particular life style at a very young age.

Oh sorry, I misspoke. Because we all know that's not true.

And if you don't think it'd go a long way to curbing that behaviour and allure of that lifestyle in young kids - to not have famous people acting like this - you're delusional.