1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

No need to wait - James is coming back to Houston Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, May 14, 2023.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

please do not bring back harden PLEASE!

2. riko

riko Member

if harden walks they can’t replace him as they are in cap hell regardless . Their only option is to use Harris to get another piece and no one wants him unless maxey is included. Unless I’m getting a superstar in the mid 20’s I ain’t trading maxey. So you essentially lose harden, Maxey and Harris for one player . He better be Jokic type

3. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yup that's why I have said over and over this season that Sixers is at a dead end. They need Harden far more than Harden needs them. With Embiid, they can't exactly just decide to rebuild either; they would lose him the instant they decide that.

riko likes this.
  7. R=$

R=$ Member

He is a decorated LOSER!

PeterKingX likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Embiid will probably demand a trade to Miami

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Herro to Sixers for Embiid would be hilarious to me

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Still a bigger winner in all areas of life compared to you though

11. riko

riko Member

That franchise would need to go through another process . Noway Morey has the patience for that.

12. riko

riko Member

He literally threw young maxey under the bus.

Deckard likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Embiid can’t be talking with the way he played

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Harden took in less to bring in PJ and House. They impacted the series, but not enough to be insane bargains.

Trading maxey with a Ryno style structure by mortgaging flexibility for smaller tradable assets is probably better for sixers winning-now than trading harden straight up for raw Silas-trained(lulz) talent.

Sounds dumb in the long run, but you can't replace harden, keep Maxey and delude yourself that it'll be a better team than this year's... Embiid's window is closing, and his weaknesses are becoming more obvious. Def fixable with the right team.

Maxey trade might give him a different look and make sixers look like fools, but it highly doubtful for what he's being paid rn.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Harden leaves this summer, that’s 35 mil off the books…Tobias 40 mil comes off the books next summer

next season would be a transitional year, but they could attempt to retool around Maxey and Embiid in the 2024 offseason

that’s probably more appealing to Sixers ownership and maybe even Morey than committing to a team that can’t get over the 2nd round hump

another option is to keep Harden, hire a new coach, bank on continued improvement from Maxey, and see if u can pull off a Russ for multiple good role players type trade with Tobias’s expiring contract…that might be enough

for as disappointing as this season was for them, Philly was up by 2 midway through the 4th in game 6 with a chance to make the ECF…it’s not like they’re miles away from contention

BMoney and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Always throwing people under the bus, harden last year, Ben the year before now his team. Soft like tissue.

BMoney and B-Bob like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Where will you be when the James Harden's Houston Rockets thread drops....

don grahamleone and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I flubbed Maxey for Harris. Maxey is a bargain rn.

Since Harris expires next year (i thought it was 2 years), keeping them for next year and deadline trading based on team performance probably worth it more than to cut losses and dump in the off-season. Seems like a firesale either way.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We would be idiots to S&T for someone we can sign outright.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I feel like for what the Rockets need Harden for, he can be useful to help unlock some of the young players like he did for Maxey.
    I am not sure what Udoka thinks of him.
    I don't know how Harden can think this team will compete for championships no matter how things work out in the next few days.