1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Jabari and Jalen interview each other

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface281, May 12, 2023.

1. Ish

Ish Member

You and I both know Morant is really a sg

They could have easily gone jones Morant bane jjj and Adams etc .NBA is position less now..if he was good enough he would start

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was really good. Made me happy.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's remember when we get the lottery results next week, it was these guys putting in the hard work being terrible that got us here.

If they had lived up to the hype AT ALL, we'd have no chance at the top pick at all.

wlekfjv923n and fattz like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sengün Always. Green Sometimes.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

How much time do they dedicate talking about Sengun and how good he is? I'll watch if its atleast a couple of mins...

AlperenSengun and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

And Sengun….

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

It's more KPJ & Silas than anything else, one is gone, the other needs to go too

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, in your mind, the reason the team was bad was due to the most consistently good player on the roster and a feckless coach rather than 2 of the worst performing players on the roster who were forced into the starting lineup despite being awful?

Well, that's certainly one kind of take.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just talks like a 6'11 version of Reggie Miller.

10. conquistador#11

Funniest part:
    Green: "I had an orchard in my backyard."
    Smith: "A what?"
    Green; "A bunch of trees."

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Ancient Moabite

If the self proclaimed head honcho played like Brunson did tonight for 40-45 games then they wouldn't be in this top pick position, I mean that is what the best guard on teams do right? Just asking/speaking from experience

The rockets didn't jerk him around did they? Nope, they gave him keys to the house/car and open reign to do whatever on the court, Silas let that be known off top to the extreme, at first they even gave him lob threat privilege over the better player(sengun) to appease the HNIC, I mean the head honcho

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One player can't make up for 2 scrubs as detrimental to the team as Jalen and Jabari were last season.

He did his part as the most consistently good player on the entire roster, but unfortunately the Rockets just lacked talent. Hopefully they get this upcoming draft right to make up for the last 2.

YaoMac09 likes this.
  13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Clutchfans love scrubs.

Head, Sura, Jermaine Taylor, GG the first time around, Ariza the first time around, Morris, Budinger, merging players together like "Scolandry" to pretend they are on-par to an all-star player, Jeremy freakin Lin ...

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Loved me some Sura. Still do.

fattz, daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

16. Ancient Moabite

Once again you can't comprehend and must never played any meaning basketball in your life

Never said one player can make up for lack of mates showing up, just as Brunson showcased against Heat, but he showed out, so that's what I Am saying about your hero and so called most consistent or best guard or whatever cliche label you might make up next week

The way you talk about the scrubs around him, the head honcho avg 30+ ppg, that would be doing his part and picking up the slack because that is what the best guard/players on the team usually do

Brunson dropped 40 and his support caste played like scrubs, and I think Randle was an all star this past season and he scrubbed it up as a veteran

Its why I said IF the head honcho played like Brunson or played like or near the level outside of that one game (hit record) wonder where he dropped 50 piece against what was an elite Bucks team defense, pretty sure he could have done that quite a bit this past season since he had the keys to the entire compound

Or did the Rockets jerk him around like the Cavs did? Was he in and out the rotation or did the head honcho have carte blanche status to showcase his ungodly like hardwood game?

C'mon bobby, enlighten me

The only way you won't throw a diatribe on this upcoming player drafted is if they choose who you personally want, then you will brown nose captain save for that selection

So tell us, who is your said franchise player in this draft?

#36 Ancient Moabite, May 13, 2023
    Last edited: May 13, 2023
    TheRealist137 likes this.
  17. Ancient Moabite

Also hopefully Stone upgrades his trade portfolio and gets one right, so at least his draft and trade moves are on par, all misses no surefire hits

Just using your criteria for both sides of the coin....its a beautiful thing

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the concept that guys who objectively performed well not being capable of making up for high minutes, high usage scrubs is over your head?

Interesting.

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The only addition is the next #1 pick Victor Wembanyama.

[​IMG]

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

definitely fun to watch