1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TILMAN LOVES KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 26, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone who doesn't even have a guaranteed multi year deal isn't here to stay

2. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Draft combine measurements:

KPJ: 6'4 barefoot, 6'5.5 in shoes, 6'9 wingspan, 8'7 standing reach

Jaylen Brown: 6'5.25 barefoot, 6'6.75 in shoes, 6'11.75 wingspan, 8'6.5 standing reach

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

We’ll see. KPJ just as talented and I think has a lot more natural talent vs Greens athletic ability

I like Jalen and hope KPJ/Green become a top backcourt but I have yet to see the Kobe mentality like I see in KPJ who looks willing to do anything for this team.

Two years watching green I see a tik tock pretty boy influencer vs mamba mentality basketball player.

KPJ seems to stay around Houston and trains while Green is at Coachella. Nothing wrong with that but I see a lot more drive in KPJ than Green. KPJ gets visibly upset from the losing. I don’t see that from Green.

I also don’t think Green is a high IQ player. Go watch interviews of him vs Ant. Jalen sounds like a ignorant social media influencer who mumbles and can barely form a well sounding sentence

or I’m just crazy

DaDakota, fattz, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

he actually isn't. folks keep trying to tell themselves this. and folks already have this pre conceived notion for silly reasons, so nothing can tell them otherwise. every excuse in the book is made for him

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

What drive are you talking about?
    The guy literally stops playing for various reasons such as a bad call or did not get the ball when he wanted it or as simple as he took a shot and disappointed that it didn’t go in or for no reason, jumping for a block and staying at the sideline until play is finished. And all this is when he is babies as hell.

talent only means something until some age where you are expected to turn it into skills that can produce on court. He is still young so has time but has not shown much either. And the athleticism fools the eye. His shooting or his passing is not that good or improving at a good rate. Again not bad, but nothing to have high hopes for.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ got thrown into a bad situation. He had never played PG. He got thrown out there and was basically told to figure it out. Watch the games. There was no coaching on the bench from Silas. If KPJ did dumb stuff with the ball Silas didn't bench him and coach him and then throw him back in, repeat as necessary. Silas didn't hold people accountable. Green and others even said they wanted more structure. KPJ should have never been the starting PG. He probably knows it isn't his best position. Yes he has/had maturity issues, but it seems like he has grown some. If anyone can convince KPJ he could be 6MOY it is Ime. If they don't get a PG then Ime can coach him on his PG-less offense. I think the team liked Silas as a person, they didn't respect him as a coach.

In the reverse, if Ime can't get it out of KPJ, then KPJ's career is over.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Some A1 BS sauce going on in this post here

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

It’s just like my opinion man. I can see through the lies

DaDakota likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

#109 cheke64, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are these the new Village People?

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure are going to be a whole bunch of "Quien Es" at 11081 East Freeway

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

These are your people mane.....

cheke64 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. J Rock

J Rock Member

The hate towards KPJ should have been directed toward Silas. When you stick a square peg in a round hole you can’t expect an ideal outcome. Let him be first man off the bench and he may become my favorite player.

DaDakota and PatBev like this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is why I don’t advocate trading or waiving him. I want to see him in a role more suited to his strengths.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  15. Arnel

Arnel Member

we need an upgrade on defense at PG, SG, and C. Eason and Bari should both be plus defenders for rockets at 3 and 4 spots

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. Arnel

Arnel Member

we need an upgrade on defense at PG, SG, and C. Eason and Bari should both be plus defenders for rockets at 3 and 4 spots

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

18. Ancient Moabite

Of course Tilman loves KPJ, he gave him like a 80 mill$ (side chick) deal that could be earned in time as long as he doesn't rattle the cage and stays in line and build off this past season production (final 30 games or since December)

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member