1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

WANT to be... or NEED to be ???

It seems true DAWGS will always be dawgs regardless of outside circumstances

matchesmalone likes this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is where I am too.

Nook, Rudyc281 and matchesmalone like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

All a female needs to do is say someone did something to them - and the man is arrested and it goes from there.

You actually think with the amount of investigation that followed what happened in Boston, Udoka would be a free man if there was anything non-consensual?

Love to understand how you think I'm ignoring reality. Also, the rest of your comment has literally zero to do with what is being said. Try to stay on point.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ime Udoka to Kevin Porter Jr

PatBev, Y2JT, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's not our jobs as fans to assess whether he committed a crime or not--it is plausible that he did, but it's also possible he did not. We don't have access to the information to make that judgment unless something else comes out. I generally fall under the "believe women" category, but this isn't really the forum to get into that, and as far as I know he was not publicly accused of a crime, just inappropriate behavior in the workplace.

I think all we can really do at this point is hope the organization did a proper investigation and didn't find anything dealbreaking, and hope he keeps his nose (and another body part) clean from now on.

The issue is a lot of times the woman feels afraid to come out and make such an accusation, especially about a powerful man. And there are good reasons for them to have that fear, which is why we needed the whole "me too" thing. Things have gotten better but it's far from a solved problem in society. But again, I don't want to turn this into an "argue about sexism" thread. There's a whole other forum for that (which I avoid posting in for a reason). So this is the last thing I'm going to say about this and if you want to disagree that's fine by me.

subtomic likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

All true, but we as Rockets fans have suffered through so much that we finally deserve the best coach, and that's Ime!

Ankara1923 and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

No one being realistic expects the Rockets to make the playoffs next year.
    If Udoka decides that KPJ should start, then that’s his call and I have confidence no one told him he had to play him.

Players like Sengun, Jabari and Green will naturally improve but even more so with Udoka.

Those players that want to slack off, disrupt practice, give up on plays after not liking calls— and bailing on defense will lose minutes and then be traded or released. Udoka is like Popovich, he isn’t going to tolerate what Silas or Stoned tolerated.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

both. As a rookie Jalen was pleading for structure so Silas stuck him in the corner

Sengun would say that his coaches were much tougher on him in Turkey -which is probably why he responded to silas disrespect and bullying

You see the way Bari was yelling at people you see how he asked his dad for help because silas was teaching him dick squat

I dont expect children to do stuff on their own, to figure things out on their own like silas was doing, The youths need guidance, mentorship and direction or they will just be dumb kids with generational wealth. They dont know what they dont know.

People just think children are supposed to know what to do out the womb?

slothy420, Drift Monkey and Houstunna like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

You idiot.

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

The man served his punishment, who cares. Besides, it takes two to tango. Basketball is entertainment.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Damn, I just noticed that Felicia Stone is quite pretty?! We better keep her and MOMSTER away from Ime.

Although MOMSTER might be single?

Ankara1923 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

13. J Rock

J Rock Member

Stone, I’ve gained a little more respect for you today!

14. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Where’s the general consensus poll on the Udoka hire? Looks like 90% of this forum is on board with the hire.

PeterKingX, Joe Rocket and cdrive like this.
  15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think this is a great hire for our team. He is the type of coach to lead and develop our young core. They NEED a no-nonsense coach that will hold them accountable and teach them how to be winners. All we need now is to add a vet G and wing who can help on and in the locker room and we will be on our way.

im not the moral police, so I will trust that the Rockets and the league have done their due diligence on that situation and have found him ok to be a coach again in the league. He was wrong ass hell for his part in that situation, but he is human and we all make mistakes in our lives at one point or the another. Good for us he was cleared to be hired again. Looking forward to training camp already.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think he was expecting that when he got drafted. Now he is going to have a real coach develop him into the PG we need.

slothy420, Believe It! and sirjesse like this.
  17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think this is a great hire for our team. He is the type of coach to lead and develop our young core. They NEED a no-nonsense coach that will hold them accountable and teach them how to be winners. All we need now is to add a vet G and wing who can help on and in the locker room and we will be on our way.

im not the moral police, so I will trust that the Rockets and the league have done their due diligence on that situation and have found him ok to be a coach again in the league. He was wrong ass hell for his part in that situation, but he is human and we all make mistakes in our lives at one point or the another. Good for us he was cleared to be hired again. Looking forward to training camp already.

Drift Monkey and Gimmmethemike like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm more excited about this hire than if we had just won the draft lottery.

cml750 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bro, Frank on twitter just dropped a spicy take:

WHAT IF IME WAS THE CHEAPEST COACHING CHOICE??

did the rockets luck into Ime because he was the cheapest not the best one for the job?

i still like ime.. im just saying.

whoa

20. csc177

csc177 Member

the decision will be easier once we draft the real scoot.

Rockets34Legend likes this.