1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comments from Celtics fans about the Ime hire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

“Rockets a good spot for him tho they need to get chewed out & have structure”

“Even though it didn’t work out here, this is the best placement. Away from us, now if the Sixers get bounced and they fire Doc we won’t have to worry about them getting Ime. Best of luck to Ime”

“Jalen Green and KPJ, get ready to have your asses chewed out lol.”

“Glad he’s not in the east”

“so who we getting for J Brown??”

“I think this will be a good fit for him and honestly for a fans POV glad it’s to a team that doesn’t really compete with Boston unless they were to meet in the finals.”

“Better than Raptors or Sixers. A bad west team like the Rockets is pretty much what I was rooting for”

“He’s going to make that young, talented team a lot better. Don’t they also have extra draft picks as well coming their way via the Harden deal? Should be interesting to see how they improve. Watch him poach JB”

Roomba, slothy420, JusBleezy and 43 others like this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. We made the right hire.

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Boston fans seem to be thrilled he’s out of the east… They respect his coaching even more from some
    Comments opposed to Steven’s and who they got now. Hmm… poach some JB. !!!

The balls on stone. Color me surprised aF on this one

tilly and Udoka have things in common but I wasn’t sure he would pull the trigger on this. Pleasantly surprised for sure

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

'Stop painting your finger nailes! Stop pursing your lips! Go back to the weight room!'
    - Ime Udoka

JusBleezy, cml750, AXG and 15 others like this.
  5. futilman

futilman Member

I really don’t get this generation of kids painting nails

JusBleezy, napalm06, IBTL and 10 others like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Who cares. If they don't impact your life in anyway, it shouldn't matter what they do to themselves. Their body their choice. I dont get why folks get tattoos, but it is what it is at least painted nails aren't permanent

keeez, bmelo, Lawlruschang and 10 others like this.
  7. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

Kids painted their nails in the 80s. It’s nothing new. Weird thing to complain about.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It's sad that even the Boston fans know what kind of shitty team we have and what needs to be done about it.

Jontro, PeterKingX and saleem like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. futilman

futilman Member

yeah I don’t care. I just don’t get it either. Was historically the most feminine behavior and on a dime it seems to have turned. Literally doesn’t matter at all but still a very interesting change in like 5 years for young males

JusBleezy likes this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

We are 100% in agreement. It's b|tch boy behavior. I hope Ime ain't about that.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't worry, man. They didn't get the 80's and 90's generation of guys wearing earrings and tattoos, either. Don't worry, this, too, shall pass.

#12 Dr of Dunk, Apr 24, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Yeah, they were laughed the hell out of the building. They ended up being the ones turning this generation into a bunch of snivvling self absorbed baby-men.

JusBleezy likes this.
  14. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

Thanks for sharing. Back to basketball.

Seems like a good hire.

#14 Jose Cuervo, Apr 24, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

In the late 90’s I would paint my nails black or gun metal. Usually not all of them but 2-3 nails primarily. I did that through my 20’s. No one said much, but was hard to call me feminine because of my other interests and my size and weightlifting… I would inevitably get bored and go back to clean nails.

So it was rarer in past, but nail painting by men happened in the past

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Say what you want about Tilly but sexual misconduct or affairs with staff I have not heard about yet......

BallSoHarden likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It’s not weird to point out that it’s a bit odd.
    But you do you, defender of male-nail paint.

JusBleezy likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Who gives a **** whether a player paints his fingernails? Dennis Rodman did that and more.

I just don't understand people who want every young generation to be exactly like they were when they were young.

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I asked some gen z kids about this, and the first thing they asked was was the paint black? I said yes, and they said that is fine and it is in fashion. I don't think it is that big of a deal, my dad probably thought Jordan wearing one loop earring in the 90s was odd, but Jordan has still chosen to wear that even much after the fact that it is no longer in style. When you hang around rappers, go to fashion week, etc and not having to suit up for a 9-5 job, its probably normal to want to express yourself in whatever way you feel.

Whatever these guy's do to express themselves becomes part of their brand, and makes them memorable to the casuals too. Harden was one of the first to have a large beard and people remember him for it, AD with the unibrow , Rodman with the bright colored hair was one of the first to do it everyone knew who he was in the 90s even if they didnt watch basketball, these things make people remember you and builds an identity.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Amazing to me how many on this board care about dumb sh** like this.