1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Floor general who pouts when he isn't controlling the ball, skips team flights for strippers & rappers, and conveniently quits in huge playoff games

Oh what a influence he'll have on these young players

Maxgx and cheke64 like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Harden was one of the greatest Rockets players ive watched in my 20 years of watching, but I really hope we don't get Harden this offseason

PolarBear, Maxgx, RocketWalta and 3 others like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Harden looked like **** but simultaneously the best passer in the NBA

BMoney and Corrosion like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

If he just hangs around the top of the key, makes great passes, and knocks down 3s, I still think he makes our offense far better than KPJ dribbling into a crowd, looking for a bailout pass, and turning the ball over. Is that worth the 4 year max though? Ehhhh.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U want to improve now not wait potentially years for the pg we drafted to gell with out players. We need harden as the potential gap or starting pg so he can help further green, sengun and smith development.

Who fking cares if we over paid for hall of fame talent for a position we need. If folks believe harden game can age we'll why are we refusing the option to grab the best playmaker avaliable.

All u given me is names of rookies and unnamed vets, that just a recipe of a sht season once more.

No new coach is gonna run with a rookie pg (aside from henderson) especially if he's told to win, which probably means another stupid year of kpj.

Worried about the future while ignoring that we will b sht for years to come without a real pg. It was already stupid that we wasted two years of green and sengun running kpj as pg now let's subject everybody else to a new rookie pg bc it's too expensive to grab the best pg.

The best playmaker for a position we sorely need, it's a no brainer.

Bo6, duluth111222 and clos4life like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which means he needs to be surrounded by shooters....the only quality shooter on the Rockets is KPJ, so it's not really a good fit for his last few seasons as a semi-productive player.

I hope he makes all the money elsewhere, but I want nothing to do with him on the Rockets, he'd just set the team back both on the court and off the court.

PolarBear likes this.
  7. Ancient Moabite

When you watch the Sixers they don't seem like a team surrounding Harden as snipers, they have those capable of making 3s which the Rockets have with Bari/Green and even Eason and as you mentioned your 45 yr old legendary hero who is a good catch and shoot player based on past season stats and some of prior season

So its going to come down to how serious Harden is about making a return and if the rockets sponsor is willing to pony up the max money to make it happen

Melton/Maxey can get hot for stretches, which is no diff than what you say about Green/Bari

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

thinly-disguised anti-Sengun comment

sirjesse, Salvy, maj21 and 1 other person like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

The only thing he didn’t do well was miss some gummies other then that he was literally breaking down almost every Nets defensive player on him and blowing by them. His passing as usual incredible. Overall if he finished those east layups he would have had a pretty damn overall game.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green is not a capable 3 point shooter.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

My brother in Christ, neither is KPJ

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Reality disagrees with you my guy. He's literally an elite catch and shoot 3 point shooter..... despite your hilarious narrative.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He looked like the 50yr olds playing at the YMCA this afternoon. I hate to see what he looks like after an off season in Houston at the Strip Clubs.

PolarBear and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's been blowing every layups after the injury. It's not a good sign of aging. Hell even Chris Paul right now can make layups and mid ranges.

PolarBear likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Uh-huh

[​IMG]

Sure looks like an "elite" three-point-shooting point guard to me!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not totally on board with Harden coming back, but if he fills the CP3 role on the Thunder/Suns, he absolutely would benefit our young guys.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, so is it that you are ignorant, or just fundamentally dishonest?

KPJ hit 43.5% of his catch and shoot 3's, Steph Curry only hit 41.6%.

The fact that KPJ was double teamed more frequently than Lebron James hurt some of his numbers....but there's no question that he's an elite catch and shoot player.

You know, despite your foolish narrative.

MadMax94$ likes this.
  19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harden was a great catch and shoot guy for us. Our failure was always just not having the other players are the play designed to generate him more of them.

And yea Porter is really strong on the catch as well.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Literally posted his actual stats above, and you accuse me of being dishonest. Nice. You really ought to chill with the constant personal attacks--it doesn't help your argument, it just makes you look immature.