1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Frank Vogel "very much in the mix" to be next Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

seems like they already had their mind made up heading into the process then and the rest of these interviews are for show to make it seem like they did an actual thorough search

How are u the frontrunner and the likely hire when they’ve barely interviewed anyone so far? Ime could be still talking to them right now as we speak

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

A coach is like a running back….only as good as the players provided in front of him. All three guys are threats to go all the way with the right roster and threats to win only 29 games with the junk roster we have now. The key to us winning a championship is Stone not Nurse/Vogel/Udoke.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

A coach is like a running back….only as good as the players provided in front of him. All three guys are threats to go all the way with the right roster and threats to win only 29 games with the junk roster we have now. The key to us winning a championship is Stone not Nurse/Vogel/Udoke.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What is the fascination with Atkinson? Sell me on his positives as his record certainly isn’t one of them.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Vogel?! I’m done.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The rockets Might have told iko it was Vogel to have us react when it’s not Vogel . After all , they are desperate for our attention .

when does draft lottery happen ?

that’s the next big event .

do we fill the coaching spot before then ? Gut feeling …? Yes . The pressure of losing Vogel ;) , Udoka , Nurse , etc seems to be stronger than gambling on victor .

which , if you got the number one pick , that’s a pretty good selling point .

you either get victor or a really big haul .

But if you pick 5th or 6th maybe you aren’t gaining back that much goodwill just from hiring a coach to divert attention . And maybe your first or second pick (coach ) is gone .

I have no problem with Vogel . If you don’t think of one Atkinson , udoka , or nurse is a home run type coach then I don’t mind kicking the can down the road . Focus on getting better talent .

Vogel is more than a good enough upgrade . He reminds me of a better mchale , and Kevin was underrated around here . He made the chemistry work multiple years .
    That 14–15 team was special and I believe a contender if not for injuries. I do believe firing him so quickly was a mistake . Though maybe the worse mistake was bringing in Ty Lawson .

He should be able to get our young team to 30 wins , and that would be without bringing in outside help .

stone honestly needs a coach to work with him and bring in a couple of guys that can help our young players learn to run a system and especially stay disciplined on defense .

btw does anyone have inside info on Tate ? @Nook was he really injured so much of this year , or were we just holding him out for the tank . It sucks because I really believe in the guy . I wanted to see him play more . He barely had time to catch a rhythm .

connected to coaching . Guys like Tate who will play hard on defense and make quick decisions and take accountability are who we need to bring in and have more of .

it’s a joke , but true that coaches bring in past players who know what the coach wants to achieve to help mold the roster .

maybe we should be asking ourselves , which coach is out there who has the best / best fit players we can bring in this offseason.

idk what we will do with our cap space .
    That is our major X factor . Can we get a star ? Are we ready for a star ?

I don’t think so . I’d use 1/2 to 2/3 to go after vets fitting the previous description and use the rest to take on a bad contract for future assets . Or save for flexibility.

anywhoo which domino falls first will be interesting

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Pisses me off so much, if that happens.

I really want Udoka now.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m good with Vogel!

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The outrage is almost too good to be true!

[​IMG]

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's already bad enough we seem to b running it back with kpj as pg, now we are hiring a coach who won the mickey mouse bubble championship.

It's better than silas but ime is the better coaching hire in my eyes.

RasaqBoi and anthony59237 like this.
  12. invocux

invocux Member

I don't hate it because even my dog is an improvement over Silas. Still i want the cheater.

ROXTXIA, RasaqBoi and anthony59237 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

We do? Based on?

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I guess it's me having a big knee jerk, but the current situation is we are running it back with kpj unless a signing proves otherwise, no?

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We already hired a coach last time in Silas who "interviewed well". That didn't go well.

RasaqBoi, Tato1971 and PeterKingX like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

it's almost like there's a moratorium on trades and like there's no signings till July.... curious.... o_O

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Part of me hopes it is Udoka so I don’t have to sift through countless whining threads next year and beyond from fans who “know ball” that could coach and manage the team better. We’re already about to near the “F You” part of the year as the draft slots finalize and the draftniks do their thing. The coaches mentioned are that close together in terms of ability for me that you really couldn’t go wrong with any of them. Everyone can have their preference no need turning molehills into mountains.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. Rokman

Rokman Member

Outside of getting prime Phil Jackson none of these guys makes me real excited.

19. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Smokescreens… it’s gonna be Udoka.

Richie_Rich, Jags, dawesome and 3 others like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member