1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Do The Rockets Take At #7?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 1, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. You’re the one continuously talking out of your ass and you still don’t even know it making it even more hilarious

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

In this article just linked by Mathloom, Iko thinks the Rockets would lean toward Amen Thompson if they don't land a top 3 pick, with a chance that they draft Walker.

So if you believe that's true, that would mean we have fairly high odds of ending up with Amen, maybe higher than any other individual prospect (especially if you assume Miller is going #3 and if you think there's a real chance Amen falls to #5 or later). Probably good to start thinking about what that would look like. Personally, I like the fit; Amen is a real playmaker, some have said the best passer in the class, and we desperately need somebody who can suck in the defense and make the right pass after. Even though Amen can't shoot (yet?), that's exactly the kind of player he'll supposedly be.

Walker would be good too though. Would help us immensely on the other side of the ball, and just add another unselfish passer on offense, both of which are major needs.

3. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

This is a great point, and points to an underrated way the Rockets are positioned well in the draft — our roster construction is loaded with prospects at the 2,3, and 4 positions who can theoretically shoot; so we have room to bring in a prospect at the 1 or the 5 (to a lesser extent).

Point guard prospects who we can accommodate like Amen or hopefully Scoot are the most likely to fall, which is great for us.

Similarly someone like Dereck Lively is probably a top 12 prospect, but few teams in that range have space for a project defensive 7 footer so he could fall to us with the Clippers pick.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Worst record guaranteed top 5. 3rd worst can fall to 7. Herp derp. Pick 5 is better than pick 7. 5 is a smaller number than 7, which is good in this case. There are more options to pick from with pick 5 than with pick 7. Pick 5 is also more valuable than pick 7 if we want to trade it. A player that’s available at pick 5 might no longer be there at pick 7. It’s really not hard to understand. Pick 5 goes BEFORE pick 7. Got it? I know numbers can be hard for some people, so feel free to ask for help it you need it. One last time slowly. Pick. 5. Is. Better. Than. Pick. 7. Don’t worry though, as long as you keep learning about numbers everyday, before you know it you will understand it!

I enjoy we’re winning but in the long run it’s a waste of a year of horrible play.

#64 YaoMac09, Apr 5, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    Yung-T and Corrosion like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

A 2 am drunk post. Good job

it continues to show you don’t understand a damn thing.

6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We are trading the pick and there is much much much more value in a top 5 pick than 6-10.

YaoMac09 likes this.
  7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I understand you’re a bit slow. So I’m going to repeat it again for you. Pick 5 is better than pick 7. Hard concept to grasp I know.

Yung-T and astros123 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Says the guy who took about 25 mins to finally type of a bunch of junk not knowing wth he’s talking about. What an edit and you’re still dumb. Must have been quite lonely there at 2 am

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I know you're slow, but did it cross your mind that there are different time zones and people exist outside your kindergarten?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Dumb people like you of course. That explains how it takes 20 mins for you to try to correct something you’re lost about

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You're so fun. Pick 5 is better than 7 by the way.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

So every draft pick in the history of the league at 7 is worse then who was taken at 5. LOL what a moron. You keep telling on yourself on how stupid you are

but but but but

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

That's quite literally not what I typed or implied. Would you rather have pick 5 or pick 7?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s what I thought idiot. Since you keep sticking to your dumb concept and not even understanding wth is going on.

Wah wah the rockets are going to pick 7. Yaomac knows it

15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Why the F you trying to manifest that. I’m looking at you if we hit on number 7….forever

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Here I will explain it in terms you understand, you have 60 lollies to pick from but you have to pick in order ... Oh wait it's time for your nap.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I've got Whitmore, Wallace, and Walker 5-7 on my board. I'd take whoever is there at 7. for what it's worth, I think picks 5 to maybe 10 are in the same tier. so I'm not sweating where we land between 5-7. I just care about the difference between top 4 vs not top 4 being different tiers.

#77 smoothie, Apr 5, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

That's great. All I'm saying is if it comes to that, I'd rather we be in the position to choose the player we really want and not risk having to pick the last guy left. It's really not a controversial take.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Except that’s not how real life reality works in an nba draft but just another dumb post on your part.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member