1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we don't draft a PG and don't land Harden, who do you want playing point guard next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 5, 2023.

1. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

... do you not understand on court statistics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#81 carl_herrera, Apr 5, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

do you not understand reality

clearly you don't. but but but toronto was on pace to win 50 wins when reality actually says there was never a point that they were on that pace

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Most people are too stuck in their viewpoints to realize that there aren't many PGs left in the NBA and that almost all the good teams are playing 2 combo guards, they are missing the boat as it sails right passed them.

Outside of maybe Chris Paul, every single other person playing the 1 that is elite is a combo/scoring point.

Curry
    Ja
    Dame
    Luka
    Trae

I mean the list goes on and on, you don't need a PG in the league anymore in the share the responsibility era - you need someone like KPJ who can both score and setup - just the way the league is now....and we certainly don't need a PG if Sengun is going to be the hub......

DD

4. i3artow i3aller

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

4 out of 5 of those guys are averaging over 7 assists per game, which is a good number in any era, and the only one who isn't (Curry) is probably literally the best shooter to ever play the game of basketball, so I think your argument is silly. People very much still play point guards, they just score a lot more in today's 3-point-heavy league with higher-scoring offenses that shoot from the perimeter far more often.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I'm aware of the decline of the traditional point guard. That is undeniably true but that is NOT what the Rockets set forth with KPJ. They wanted to make him the primary distributor and orchestrator of the offense, which he's not very good at. The Rockets have looked MUCH better with the ball in Sengun's hands. KPJ is at his best when his focus is only scoring the ball.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

After all that went down, etc .. Harden now being with morey why would he come back here and try to help them make the play- in in the west just to lose to the Lakers?

I mean seriously don't believe in fake news. Morey already gone on record and said harden going to get a hefty 4 year deal to stay.

Rockets best bet could be Amen. They need a blessing lol.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Give me either of the Jones'

OremLK and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

While I agree with you that natural PGs are out of fashion, that does not mean we cant improve from KPJ. Do you think KPJ was good in setting up any of his teammates? Stats or eye test?
    I still see a future for him as a 2 or even a 3. But at the 1, I believe he does not elevate his peers and has below average game management, as in when to go for certain things. An area where Harden and CP3 were top 10 in the league.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Anyone but KPJ and Nix.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Under the kpj pg system.

Points/Game 110.7 (#28)
    Avg Score Margin -8.2 (#28)
    Fastbreak Pts/Gm 12.8 (#21)
    Pts in Paint/Gm 54.6 (#6)
    Assists/Game 22.4 (#30)
    Total Rebounds/Gm 55.8 (#2)
    Assists/FGM 0.552 (#29)
    Assists/Turnover 1.379 (#30)
    1st Qtr Pts/Gm 27.9 (#27)
    2nd Qtr Pts/Gm 28.0 (#22)
    3rd Qtr Pts/Gm 28.0 (#25)
    4th Qtr Pts/Gm 26.4 (#25)
    OT Pts/Gm 0.4 (#27)
    Turnovers/Game 16.2 (#30)
    Turnovers/Play 13.9% (#30)

Dead last in so many categories, pretty dam obvious that kpj as the pg aint it. Man can't even score enough/consistently to warrant your stance of being combo/scoring point guard. He's a good shooter, but he sucks at pg/play making. Senhub needs a point guard regardless, solely relying on sengun to b the playmaker is too predictable since folks will make it harder to just pass to him

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We might get lucky and be able to flip Sengun for Amen Thompson.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

upload_2023-4-5_16-35-31.png

upload_2023-4-5_16-36-22.png

Low IQ posters dislike high IQ players.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

MARCUS SMART

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would buy on Marcus Smart (even though I think his defense is a bit overrated, he would still be the best defender on the team). The question is, is Boston selling?

17. larsv8

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's you crying when the Rockets finally fix their culture problem and get rid of your hero KPJ.

19. larsv8

Ah yes, the little fantasy you have created where anyone who doesn't worship Sengun is some kind of KPJ stan.

I don't give a **** about KPJ, you can waive him tomorrow for all I care.

Your middle school esque fangirling over Sengun is super adorable. It suits you.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's okay, you can hate our best player. You were probably not a Rockets fan to begin with. Whatever makes you happy.