1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t want to get involved in hate crimes against the handicapped. So I’ll bow out.

2. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Boy, we KNOW you didn't take statistics. Don't talk to me about standard deviation.

Just be happy I'm giving you the attention that you didn't receive from the Moak's.

3. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Boy, we KNOW you didn't take statistics. Don't talk to me about standard deviation.

Just be happy I'm giving you the attention that you didn't receive from the Moak's.

4. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

In other words, this aint what you want. BODIED.

I told you to bow out, before it gets spooky for you. I'm glad you're at least smart enough to know you can't f*ck with me.

I'll stop bullying you, thought. Enjoy your day. Holla!

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok champ. You got it, whatever you say little guy

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok sport. Keep your head up little guy.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Have to admire the tenacity you have, it will help you in life.

8. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Reposted for truth and a reminder--gentleman and ladies...

Educated debate is encouraged, personal attacks are a waste of your time and ours.

11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

it’s wild. Lol I just logged into the athletic 10in hands is 70%, however, 9.75in is 45%

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Yo.
    Someone just went third person.

DasouthDakota and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/30/aaron-rodgers-trade-timeline-soon-mailbag

Rudyc281 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

15. raining threes

You're right, but I wouldn't take that gamble.

History says it's a bad bet.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

What history? Can you name some QBs even close to Young’s size that have gotten injured due to size? I get that he would be the smallest qb to win a championship, you’ve stated that 100+ times. But he said he would gamble on Young staying healthy because he is special otherwise. You say that history says that’s a bad bet… where? What QBs in history have been unable to stay healthy due to their small size?

primtim24, cbass, Red.Glare and 2 others like this.
  17. raining threes

In general Young ever winning a championship is a bad bet.

I thought I made that clear. I apologize if my thoughts weren't clear.

I'm all about winning championships and drafting Young reduces those odds by quite a bit. In fact only one guy close to his size with a totally different kind of build has been able to win a championship. I get that you like the guy and think that he can beat the odds, I hope you're right, because if Young's there at 1-2 he's going to be the pick. I've re-signed myself to this. I hope that if they draft him that they draft mainly offense, most of all the best Center prospect they can find to help Young be successful. A TE/WR in rds 3-4 wouldn't hurt either.

#1517 raining threes, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ok, so I think we both understand each other. I said in my post “I know no one his size has won a championship, you’ve said that 100+ times” and I guess we can add another time to that count. I get it. Never happened.
    On a completely different side. @Two Sandwiches said “his size might get him injured but if not he’s awesome so I’ll risk injury” (paraphrased). You responded with “that’s a bad bet”

so I’m saying what other qb has gotten injured because of his small size? What makes risking Bryce young staying healthy a bad bet.

separately, I can say that when healthy, I bet he is awesome and you bet he won’t win a championship. That’s fine. But we are talking size and injury and you are going back to “never win a championship” argument.

primtim24 likes this.
  19. raining threes

I'm saying both.

Look at Wilson this year.

I predict a Flutie outcome for Young's career.

That's good enough for some I suppose.

20. Ancient Moabite

If you are all about winning ships then what big (height wise) QB has led Texans to even close to promise land since they came around in what 2002?

Going back to Oilers with Moon is probably when they had best chance after they blew that big playoff lead to Bills who I think reach SB that season if I Am not mistaken so its hard to win a title regardless of the qb size and outside of Tarkenton/Brees/Wilson and even possibly McNabb( who was around I think 6'2'', I could be wrong) who made it to SB, the odds are in your betting favor ......but other short size qb's have reached conference title game to at least have a shot making it to the big game

I Am not saying Young will pull it off, but it won't be due to lack of height since he showed plenty on film in the so called most NFL ready SEC conference

I agree with you if they do go with Young then they should go all in on Offense in draft, but if they like the other QBs in next draft then they should go for edge rusher and in the trenches players on both sides of the ball

Though I feel with the right pieces that Young(with his alleged work ethic) could have the Texans being legit contenders down the line at the helm and that is really all you can hope for, just getting to a super bowl is extremely difficult since only 2 out of 32 make it annually

houstonstime and raining threes like this.