1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

did you find out if paul pelosi is gay yet?

astros123 likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You guys sure know how to derail a thread. Thanks.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Still pushing the repeatedly debunked narrative that Kushner was given 2 billion dollars by the Saudis? Do I give away money to the fund that manages my retirement account every month?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't giving him money directly. It is helping the business out which is still a personal favor that will increase the wealth of Jared Kushner. The spirit of the narrative that Saudi gave Kushner money is accurate.

Kushner was in government in a position to help the Saudis. They gave the business from which he derives personal gain 2 billion dollars. It isn't like that because the money went to his business and not his personal account, there is no impropriety.

astros123, mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If this "victory" is that fulfilling for you, you must not win very often.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

There's nothing wrong with posting pertinent details in headlines

I've never seen "gay killer" targets "blank"... but have seen "killer targets gay 'blank". Both situations involve gay but one is more pertinent vs the other

Trans is a hot topic. There's no doubt the fact would be highlighted whether the killer was trans or the targets were trans

Do you believe trans-women should be playing in women's sports? Do you believe the public's insurance rates should be funding their transformations? Do you believe they should be allowed to change the gender on birth certificates? Do you believe it should be law for them to disclose their birth identification when meeting people, especially romantic relationships? They seem more focused on tricking people rather than simply living their lives

I do believe violence against them should be classified as hate crimes though

Furthermore, trans is a choice. While

7. adoo

adoo Member

i wish that you'd stop with the sleight-of-hand to divert attention from the facts, which are

and no one has been able to debunk these facts, not even team JaVanka​

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reading over all this, I'm actually surprised there are not more transgender mass shooters given the trauma they go through. If Transgender make up 1-3% of the population, but account for 1% of mass shootings, that seems in line statistically speaking.

Regardless, we ultimately end up in the same place. It's too easy for mentally disturbed individuals to get guns. Focusing on whether they are white or trans isn't going to move the needle much, it's just scoring points on the other. Still need a better system and reform to let responsible gun owners have the guns, but keep them out of the crazies.

Rocket River and Houstunna like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

We do not know if it is pertinent yet, and even if it ends up being germane, it may be a very confusing, non-linear relationship relative to the story.

Plainly irresponsible journalism.

Largely no, but I also believe that should be left up to the sports governing bodies and local jurisdictions to hash out on a case by case basis.

If Doctors in consultation with their clients find it is in their best interest, yes.

Yes. But it would probably be a good idea to have their sex notated as well, because that can be a life-or-death situation when administering medical care.

Lmao no. The government should not be involved in your romantic relationships.

Uhhhhhhhhhh :confused:

1) Depends on what you mean by trans. Transitioning, yes. But the condition that underlies it? Not buying it.

2) It doesn't matter

#2749 DonnyMost, Mar 29, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  10. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

They didn't give the business the money either. His money management firm is being paid to manage money (after Trump was out of office). I have no problem with the statement that the Saudis are paying Kushner's firm millions of dollars to manage their 2 billion dollar account. That isn't the statement that was made. There is a reason it was phrased that Kushner was given 2 billion dollars, and it is to make it seem like what Biden got was chump change in comparison. It is a dishonest attempt to say Kushner was getting 2000 times more than Biden (or whatever high multiple).

Same with Trump's Chinese trademarks. She is selling clothing worth a certain amount. Getting approval on the trademark isn't the entire sales of the clothing. She could still sell the clothing without the trademark. The timing is also inaccurate. China grants 18 trademarks in 2 months to Trump, daughter | AP News According to the AP, her trademark applications were made in 2016, before Trump was President, and granted two years later. Seems like Ivanka's trademarks also took years to complete, just like @astros123 said is normal. They were granted over a two month period, years after the applications were submitted.

These are clearly deflections from the Hunter Biden story. Hunter was receiving money from foreign entities which it appears was at least partially kicked up to then Vice President Biden while Biden was in office. Trump applied for trademarks before Trump became President and Kushner started managing Saudi Money after Trump left office. These facts are inconvenient so they are ignored.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I hate to derail this thread further but where's the proof of that? For a libertarian you do go out of the way to defend Republicans on almost anything that's critical of them.

VooDooPope and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. Xopher

Xopher Member

"The Chinese government granted a total of 41 trademarks to companies linked to Ivanka Trump by April of 2019—and the trademarks she applied for after her father became president got approved about 40% faster than those she requested before Donald Trump’s victory in the 2016 election"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/amp/

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

IIRC transgender/nonbinary is closer to .5%.

14. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

So they took just over a year instead of two years, on an established company that had already had trademarks granted?
    I try to go out of my way to correct inaccuracies where I see them. The board has a strong Dem. bias, so there will naturally be more defense of Republicans than Democrats. Where is the proof that Biden was receiving kickbacks? It comes from a combination of Hunter's laptop, statements from Hunter's associates, and statements from Hunter himself.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

It's obviously a choice. And it matters. You proved it by skipping the sports question. The only other option was to say a woman did it. And of course since women are coddled by society and given special treatment (while simultaneously blaming the big bad patriarchy for all their problems), we could never just say a woman did it

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your post is exactly the kind of crap women have had to put up with for far too long.

Nook likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah. Staying home while their fathers and brothers went off and died in war. Crap. Crap. Crap. Women only want equality when it benefits them

I'd say the main reason for mass shootings and most of America's problems is the lack of fathers in the household. And the increased progression of women's empowerment leads directly to fewer fathers

I love women as much as the next guy. But men's efforts are too often taken for granted

#2759 Houstunna, Mar 29, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I've yet to see a single person "excuse" this.

mdrowe00 and ElPigto like this.