1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm so excited about next season !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rolliepollie, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

April fools? No, I'm being serious. Don't know about you guys but I am so pumped thinking about the possibility of adding Udoka and a great draft pick and a great free agent. Silas if he is here then my excitement will be gone, but seeing that udoka thread this week here gave me goosebumps.

I think we can all agree that harden is past his prime but used as a FACILITATER instead of a scorer I think it will work. We can tell kpj to kick rocks (lol)

I think we all know getting wemby or scoot is a pipedream BUT ADDING a Miller or trading the pick for like a bridges or someone like that has me excited.

I'm just so pumped, we just had the most depressing season ever but let's go for jaylen brown and udoka and we will change this so called culture.

https://nesn.com/2023/02/celtics-star-jaylen-brown-wants-to-see-ime-udoka-back-on-his-feet/

https://nesn.com/2023/02/jayson-tatum-reacts-as-favorite-coach-ime-udoka-departs-celtics/

You got Tatum and brown both saying great things about udoka such as "favorite coach" and wanting him to "coach again". You hire udoka you're team is immediately the favorites on top of browns list of teams if he wants to leave the Celtics. Alot of Celtics insiders are saying brown wants his own team, -Rockets?

https://www.boston.com/sports/bosto...e-guy-celtics-leaving-boston-nba-news-rumors/

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I’m not, if Silas is still the coach and KPJ is still the PG.

3. fattz

fattz Member

Hopefully we will look different and will start the healing process. The wait has been long and but worth it

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm excited because there are a few players on this roster to be really excited about for the long term and we have a lot of flexibility on who we can aquire.

This off-season can make or break this franchise for the next decade. After this off-season it'll be much easier to determine if we should be excited or pessimistic.

We get either one of Scoot or Wemby, Silas leaves, we sign actual star level and 3 and D vets to actually provide proper real guidance to the young guys and this franchise can basically just forget the last few seasons. There is a small window where the Rockets can be that SI cover Astros team that predicted when they would start dominating.

randerson likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We hit our 20 Wins this season
    Then hit our 35 next Season . .. MINIMUM

The Right Moves . . .maybe hit 45

Rocket River

groovemachine, Mathloom and quikkag like this.
  6. fchowd0311

It can greatly accelerate if we consolidate young guys for some high level vets and sign someone at the level of Harden.

It can also accelerate by an unexpected bump in level of play from someone like Green or Sengun or if we get Wemby and he turns into a Lebron impact level player right out the bat.

There are avenues in which a playoff appearance is possible next season especially with the flexibility this team has in signing players.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Im excited to see what moves we are gonna make in the offseason, if all goes well i would b excited for the upcoming season also. If we plan to just run it back with kpj as pg and silas as hc, im already giving up on next season.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Looking forward to new Silas's lineups and plays, I think Silas is going to really get over the hump next year. He is no longer the "rookie coach", this is the place where Silas can establish himself as a great young coach before he moves on to being the head coach of The Lakers or Celtics.....

9. fchowd0311

He's not going to be here next year.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm pumped about next season too. I can't wait to see who we get in the draft, I think this is a stacked class and I think we'll pick up an exciting prospect no matter what, even if we land at #6 (although I obviously hope we get top 3). A new coach will work wonders. I think there's no way we don't sign or draft a real point guard and that will help tremendously. We'll probably pick up a good rim protector and/or 3-and-D guy too, which will help our spacing and defense tremendously.

I think there's a good chance we'll be playing games that matter toward the end of the season. I won't go so far out on a limb as to say we'll make the play-in, but I think we'll at least have a chance.

Williamson and groovemachine like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm not entirely sure about that, Silas has shown signs of good coaching.... Very good sense of when to call timeouts as well as challenging and winning challenges. We should give him one more year...

Corrosion and WestendMassive like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

To me it all comes down to the draft.

If the Rockets end up with a top two pick, I will be very optimistic about the future. Victor W. has the highest ceiling since LeBron entered the league. Scoot Henderson is a better prospect than pre-injury Derrick Rose and has really strong leadership qualities. He would help Green and Smith quite a bit.

If we get the 3rd pick and Miller, I will have some concerns but at least be excited about the upside.

If we trade the pick I will be disgusted. Thompson and Walker both have high upside as well.

It would be a big plus if Silas and-or Stone were gone, but we will be lucky if one of them is gone.

I expect Green and Smith to improve next year quite a bit too.

13. fchowd0311

It would be very disappointing if Silas is still here. At this point it isn't even about Silas having or not having knowledge of the game. He doesn't have the presence or demeanor to coach a bunch of alpha male athletes ages 19-23.

#13 fchowd0311, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Nook likes this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

To me this is a special draft class. I think we're looking at a 1984 (Hakeem, MJ, Stockton, Barkley), 2003 (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Melo) type of class. The last time the Rockets had the clear opportunity to pick a guy with the kind of raw potential that Wemby, Scoot, and Amen have was in '84.

I think this class produces at least three legit top 15 in the league superstars and at least two of those guys will be in the running for multiple MVP awards.

If we're lucky enough to get one of those guys the coming seasons will be a very exciting indeed.

quikkag and Nook like this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Not if Samir is strategic planner of Houston Rockets . Lol.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

If they can make the playoffs and then not lose any playoff series, they can win it all.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I echo all of this.

Nook and Ancient Moabite like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember I was so excited about this season last summer.

duluth111222 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. payaso

payaso Member

Sadly, I see too much comfort with the status quo in most of these young guys.
    Apart from Junior Smith and Alpi, I would listen to offers for most everyone else. Maybe leave JayGup as survivor to tell the world of what happened... his career might even take an Eric Gordon turn with the right veteran pieces around him.

No Worries and Ankara1923 like this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

At least there's no reason to tank next season so they will actually be trying... in theory.