1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL clickbait always gets the sheep

gfab-babyboi and a time to chill like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i think even the greatest coach will not lead us to winning right away, what folks are irked about silas is the kpj favoritism when he's not even that good and his inability to utilize the talents of the youngsters he have.

We spent like 1.5 seasons just watching him spam vets like eric gordon, wood, and other players that didn't deserve the mins. Sure he gave mins to some youngsters, most of them were just on the court wandering around since the man didn't even game plan for them. The offensive system blows and the defensive isn't even there.

Man lost the locker room ages ago, at that point just find a new coach.
    Silas aint gonna magically coach us to winning next season when we stop "tanking". The kpj pg experiment didn't help his case to b our hc next season either.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Member

BSPN. Some sloppy bowlsh*t. Dude lost his father this season and will most likely get fired at the end of the season. Didn’t need to do this to him.

AroundTheWorld and Roomba like this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Pretty much. Windy should worry more about the mass layoffs at ESPN. A total mystery on why that's happening.

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Projecting?

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Kenny Atkinson was fired for not performing on a team TRYING to win. He's a scrub coach you guys have given undeserved praise too. Truth be told, Silas is in bad position. Win too much, fans not happy. Lose to much, fans not happy. He's in a lose lose situation

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Developing young talents is our highest priority. But the fool Silas just plays Nwaba, Mathews, Nix or some scrubs tons of mins. Where are those scrubs now?

Silas' coaching is clueless. After 3 seasons, we are still playing in a mess. We just build nothing! The fool only blames players for every bad loss.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

No edit will fix it. Everyone will just remember the original story,

Silas crying.

REEKO_HTOWN, i3artow i3aller and J.R. like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Like..is ESPN just gonna get away with making up a story to fit their narrative and then offer a tiny little retraction once everyone’s already had said story burned in their mind?

I don’t think that’s ok, regardless of my feelings towards Silas.

And what’s worse is, I’m pretty sure Windhorst clearly already knew that it was a mistake, he just wanted to make a cohesive story first and worry about the rest later.

There needs to be some kind of consequence for this, but there won’t be

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

nobody cares.

Roomba and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Brian Windhorst, the guy who was clumsily hitting on multiple underage girls in Akron with no backlash? Come on....

Editor's Note: I regretfully made a mistake in my comment today about Brian Windhorst being romantically involved with underaged women in Ohio. It was inaccurate, I confused details from an emotional time in his life back in 1994, when he was a student attending St. Vincent-St. Mary High School.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Someone notify this bozo that Silas has the WORST RECORD in NBA history over a three year time frame. This record will last forever because no other team in NBA history has been dumb enough to keep a guy this bad for this long a time!!!

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can u ever sue anybody for sht like this? Silas just minding his business and then he gets a hit piece about him crying

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Sthu, it’s by design of owner and front office if you don’t get that by now then you stupider than your post lead us to believe

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Players love Silas, man has had a rough 3 years .. aging worse than Obama in White House and lost his dad on top of that.

I’m perfectly okay with him being let go the end of year … but he has been in one of the toughest situations a coach could be placed in …. A spoiled fan base used to being competitive suddenly tanking to keep / obtain talent through draft.

18. a time to chill

Windhorst even got Jabari’s stats wrong in the story. I want a refund on my ESPN+ subscription if they’re going to produce garbage like this.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/brian-windhorst-apologizes-correction-rockets-stephen-silas.html

Roomba likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Member

lol, this dude still thinks we trying to win.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member