1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Yeah, I don't ever remember things like sexual orientation or race ever being published as headlines in these cases.

Seems like TJ just wants to tar a group of people he dislikes. Not surprising.

2. DonnyMost

The joke was always that if you want gun control... just arm all the minorities and LGBT folk.... and watch how fast the tune changes.

Guess we may be testing that theory.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Man, I hope we don't have to live through that failed outcome in order to fix this ongoing cluster**** of dead bodies "by natural disasters."

Some folks want to pretend these are Acts of God in order sit on their fat asses while stroking their peepee extensions, but even religious folks know the concept of agency and self determination.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

How does a resentful suicidal person have access to at least three guns, including two assault-style semi-automatic rifles?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65096684

They had left a manifesto and had drawn a detailed map of the school, with entry points. Police are now studying those documents.

Hale, who had no criminal record, was a former student at the school and officers said they believe "resentment" may have been a motive.

Video later released by Nashville police shows Hale using a gun to gain entry by shattering glass panes on the front doors, then wandering the school's deserted corridors - at one point walking past a room labelled "Children's Ministry".

In the CCTV footage, Hale is wearing what looks like a protective vest and carrying an assault-style rifle in one hand, with a second, similar weapon also visible hanging from the left hip.

In a search of the shooter's home, more weapons were recovered, in addition to the ones used in the attack, including a sawed-off shotgun and a second shotgun.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol the sawed off and second shotgun was to defend her castle. Militiamen and women would be proud of that description.

Except maybe the shooter was completely nuts? Nah blame it on the trans movement!!!

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

That's been the end goal for the NRA this whole time to sell more guns.

Just be wild west shootouts until hopefully the hammer drops on their entire industry.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If anything, there has been a push, though not very successful, for the media to not identify the shooter, avoid catchy headlines, sensationalize the shooting, detail the method, and limit photos and videos to limit the "contagion" effect that has been well-documented in mass shootings.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's very simple. If we want to implement some policy based on the pattern of people who commit mass school shootings in America, then the policy would be about young cis white males.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can't believe we have people that are this stupid representing large parts of our country. If she's this dumb, what's the average IQ of those electing her to office?

deb4rockets and ROCKSS like this.
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

People like MTG and even our own TJ have to find a narrative....it can't be just a messed-up person, there has to be a reason, in this case they want to say it's because she's trans or was taking medication that would cause this to happen.............its friggin sick.

People are dead and the biggest narrative to some is she is trans.................who gives a flying %^&$, 3 kids are dead along with 3 adults

deb4rockets and T_Man like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can still blame guns, and MTG is an idiot, but the question about the possible impact of male hormone intake is not wrong.

13. fchowd0311

What about the impact of suburban white community lifestyles on young cis male teens as they are overrepresented in school mass shootings?

14. fchowd0311

What about the impact of suburban white community lifestyles on young cis male teens as they are overrepresented in school mass shootings?

And btw another reason why you are a fascist.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you're going to follow that angle though, I think the better question is mental health. What are the stats on mental health and trans people?

Obviously this is better served for a different thread. I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I just think there's probably a correlation between it all, and the hormones don't help. Although, I was thinking this was a MtF transition, so it'd be female hormones? Admittedly, I'm not an expert here... And these types aren't the typical mass shooters...

All that being said, this is a distraction from the issue at hand. 6 people are dead, including 3 9 year olds. It's a disgusting, classless tweet, but sadly, par for the course.

Also, honest question: wouldn't you say "how many"?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

We already know testosterone makes people more aggressive/violent.

The groundswell of one here is not worth much consideration.

Edit: unless you have an ax to grind against trans people, then it's a perfect opportunity to scapegoat!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

yes, how many

no, it was a biological female who identified as a man, presumably taking male hormones (tbd)

there were several mass shootings in recent years, committed by biological females who identified as men

women almost NEVER commit these

so there is indeed unfortunately a common theme there

might also be part of the motive, tbd (when we know more about the manifesto)

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

(3:25/5:39, she gone)

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not one - at least three in recent years.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think I can get myself to watch this. This bodycam footage was released a hell of a lot faster than the Pelosi bodycam footage?

I'm actually in Nashville right now...