1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Lamar Jackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, Jan 12, 2023.

1. raining threes

You do know there was a time that people used to drive like this without seatbelts every Friday night, I would suggest you checkout the movie American Grafitti. It's a really good old time movie.

BTW, I took the 1st 2 pokes, I was wrong, my mistake. Dr. Fauci should be tried for treason.

vince and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

....... have you ever seen American Graffiti? They casually cruise up & down a strip in central California; no one is driving 100 MPH. Or even 50 MPH. They literally talk to each other while driving and jump in and out of each others' cars. In fact! The only race in the movie leads to a near-fatal crash, LOL.

Sooty likes this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

He is a clown indeed, but lol at people that use anti-vaxxer as some sort of knock on a person's intelligence or maturity, especially now when it's been proven it does not prevent infection or transmission (I assume you are referring to the Covid vax). Gimme a break. If you want to fight me on the D&D on this have at it.

4. cbass

cbass Member

LMAO

5. SuraGotMadHops

6. Ancient Moabite

Sure can, check the Electric Foods list, pretty sure it's a bunch of one word ingredients in those mother nature medicinal foods

what about CBD products?

i asked the question to somebody else about so-called vaccine since it was mentioned that Jackson was anti vaxx, now you tell me what was the ingredients in the vaccine that was at first mandatory then now a bunch of entities are being sued about it and issuing payouts and apologies due to this vaccine plan-demic

what about fast foods ingredients? do you want to really know what ingredients they use to make those burgers?

what does being a trained chemist have to do with eating electric foods or self medication?

if you injected yourself with something and you don't even know the ingredients of what that vaccine or whatever shot was carrying, then who really got hoodwinked/bamboozled?

no wonder they say for every sickness/disease there is a electric herb that will cure it, no chemist necessary

CVcrew likes this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Delete
    I should not engage with foolishness.

#207 BMoney, Mar 25, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    red5rocket likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Yep, all yall need to stop this bullsh!t and take it somewhere else.

Although I will say I'm very much interested in what "electric foods" are.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Baltimore totally revamped its offense to cater to Lamar Jackson's legs and weak arm. They might have been the only team willing to go this far to accommodate a player like Jackson. For him to be trashing them now is awful. Baltimore had (regular season) success early on, but as is always the case, the league adapted and caught up. As we all know, running QBs have a short shelf-life. Lamar Jackson is getting slower with time, and his advantages (running speed, elusiveness) will fade away. Also, his intelligence level is obviously low. Jackson's best years are behind him now, which is why teams should be cautious.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that running can only last for so long. But Lamar doesn’t have a weak arm, he’s got a cannon for an arm.
    Processing whole fields and throwing with anticipation? That’s hit or miss

Sooty likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Bill Walsh was the only coach willing to accommodate a weak arm QB like Montana.

Right man in the right time and place. Sometimes it works.

And no, I'm not interested in Lamar Jackson as a Texan.

sealclubber1016 and Sooty like this.
  12. Jayded

Jayded Member

Kicking up dust - which gives folks more pause : the contract or the picks?

I like an idea I saw an analyst make where a team could go to Lamar and offer a fully guaranteed 3 year deal at the AAV he’s looking for. It shortens the commitment if the concern is his legs bailing on him, puts him under your control for the next FA period at 29 years old, and meets him at his contract demands.

The picks are muddy territory. Even the NFL’s website isn’t completely clear since we have ours and the Browns’ picks, but it appears to say “compensation equal to 2 first round picks” not directly. So Chicago sending Carolina a DJ Moore-like player, they could have signed off as a 1st round equivalent in value.

13. showa13

showa13 Member

Do not want Lamar. Throwing mechanics have not improved since he came into the league, accuracy is still suspect. He came into the league as a generational athlete at QB, but if his continued injuries sap his athleticism he’s going to become an expensive problem in a few years

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Lamar Jackson on the Colts would be formidable.

15. Ancient Moabite

In the macro aspect everything on here is basically BS with ego laced schism/rants/bravado and most threads on here veer away from the topic at hand

and electric foods is essentially a certain selected strict set of alkaline foods, which I Am sure a quick Google search will suffice your curiosity

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. awc713

awc713 Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So there's being an anti vaxxer which I think is fine but I would ideally have to get past the stigma with it like you said. There's also a difference between me not taking and him spewing mis-informaton to his many followers on twitter and instagram as well. That's when it gets dangerous

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member