1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She's a dork like Hillary was mostly a dork. I had the impression Hillary had a more formidable intellect but a more reptillian personality that us plebs couldn't fully understand or relate to. She had a wonky side that lent more credibility to policy issues, but that misunderstanding (or actual darkness) of her character was fully leveraged by her opposition and made her untrustworthy to folksy voters.

I agree Kamala's public persona is lacking. She's not hard hitting as Warren or Katie Porter on policy details that potentially enrich everyday people. And I don't think she's seasoned enough to handle or calm wide coalition of voters like Biden or even Trump.

So I'm not sure what box to put her and I can't look into her past track records at the national level. Nor does she have the aspirational halo as a healer that Obama projected during his first campaign.

P.S. In fairness, Warren's dorky side almost crippled her campaign but it ultimately lost steam when numbers she promoted didn't add up. As result, it severely diminished her credibility as an economic wonk. She overstretched her strengths and paid for it.

FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First Lady (or First Gentleman) is not an office one achieves.

3. Xopher

Xopher Member

You said it better than I did. Thank you

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Difference between VP and First Lady?

VP is a spare but until that moment, merely serves as a tie breaker to a split Senate.

That's pretty much the authority the constitution affords the Veep.

So it's paper thin when voting to consider the veep as the work spouse while also taking into account the official spouse.

In reality, the president lends his (until otherwise...) authority and can offload anything to either person to serve a focused task or agenda. In this case, it was the botched healthcare initiative that didn't fail out of her competence but rather a victim of the healthcare and insurance industry's coordinated PR effort to turn the public against well needed reform.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this really should not require explanation.

6. Invisible Fan

It should because powers afforded to the vp are largely subjective to the president's whims.

What Hillary displayed as FL along with leveraging Clinton's presidency ultimately secured her Senate seat, so yes it perfectly fits my point.

Nook likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

This reminds me of you

dmoneybangbang and gifford1967 like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@basso
    In her letter, she says, "It is extraordinarily insulting to watch news reports ... that a boy band from South Korea, BTS, had an in-person meeting with President Biden."

Astrodome likes this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

Biden has transformed the labor marker in America for good. It's crazy how folks are so unaware of what's happening on the macro level.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Slightly disagree. She sold out her strengths in an effort to make up for what she was told were her weaknesses. She got caught up trying to latch on to headline issues instead of just sticking big bank regulation and reform.

She's still spot on and speaks with authority and experience when addressing those issues.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. astros123

astros123 Member

Why are you such a hater. You people are evil

#3212 astros123, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

14. astros123

astros123 Member

Is this your new thing? Dumb right wing pretty right wing girls? Tinman searches for trans material all day while you spin right wing conspiracies from airheads

They seem to have fun

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That is literally the text of the Constitution. That fact that you think it is evil or being a hater to post it says far more about you than it does about me.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

"I had a nurse named Pearl Nelson. She'd come in and do things I don't think you learn in nursing school. She'd whisper in my ear, I couldn't understand, but she'd whisper and she'd lean down and actually breathe on me to make sure there was a human connection." - Biden’s true story

17. astros123

astros123 Member

This will save more lives than anything else. Why don't you folks post about stuff that matters ? @tinman @basso

adoo likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't reply to Lin fans

back to the subject

19. astros123

astros123 Member

I've never met anyone in my life who's obsessed with Jeremy Lin as much as you. You sincerely need mental help ASAP

Did Lin bang your wife?

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member