1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

McShay allegedly has a source that has been on the money with top QBs picked

2. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Yet there is tape of Stroud going through full field reads and fitting the ball into tight windows. Feels like people would rather helmet scout than objectively evaluate the prospects.

Fulgore, Sooty and red5rocket like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not much

4. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

He should put some money on it at Vegas. $10k should net him a lazy $40k

Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I look at all players as individual case studies and tend to stay from sweeping generalizations. For instance, Patrick Mahomes played at Texas Tech and many GMs flat missed on him due to the Air Raid's reputation. That's why you have to get these guys in front of a board and see what they actually know and study the game film. Again nothing is guaranteed but I would NOT discard a guy because he went to a certain school.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Qan

Qan Member

Yah, but was Reich recording him with his cell and did McCown tell him they'll play horse in Charlotte?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ok, I understand what you are saying, but unlike me or @cmoak1982 who have just said we don’t want him because Ohio State (I’m a buckeye fan and I also believe this) @showa13 has done a lot more. He didn’t just say bad cuz Ohio state. He stated why using schemes, expectations, talent, etc.

So your come back just spouting off random good QBs because no one else came from that school isn’t a matching argument. You are arguing like me or cmoak has on this subject.

I would venture to say that the difference between Ohio state QBs and Texas tech, LSU, etc is that every year the Ohio state QBs come out after an awesome season and are highly touted and usually first round. And they have all failed (waiting on fields) and every year it’s “this is the best one from Ohio state guys don’t worry”..

I am starting to open up on stroud, although I’m scared because it’s under pressure when he falters and we don’t see that in the underwear Olympics. Also, I’ve had the same thoughts on bama QBs being part of a system but I have changed my mind on Bryce young so I am trying to do the same with stroud. There is no “QBU” like there are for wide receivers and d backs. But Ohio state is always in the top and they have always faltered. That’s a difference than one random awesome talent coming out of a school that doesn’t usually produce it.

stay away from “prototype” north carolina guys too please hahah

#1348 houstonstime, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. raining threes

Mahomes was raw but he had elite arm talent and while not a scrambler could run better than Stroud ever thought about being able to move. Mahomes movement skills and Young's movement skill are comparable. IMHO

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#1352 zeeshan2, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I always thought Mahomes would be good. Didn’t think he would be this level but the talent was there. Draft on film and talent not the school.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. raining threes

Agreed, in this draft if you were just going to draft on talent alone the QB's would be,

1. Richardson
    2. Levis

I would pick Levis over Richardson because I think he's got less bust potential. But make no mistake, these guys are supremely athletically gifted QB's.

cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gosh Lovie screwed us. We should be at #1 instead we are at the mercy of whatever the Panthers decide to do.

dmoneybangbang, Fullcourt and whag00 like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bryce Young looks like he is naturally left handed but was forced to throw with his right when he was a kid.

18. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I'm at it is what it is, nothing we can do now.

Heh, I haven't seen any videos of Bryce bro hugging Carolina's contingent at the end or McCown inviting him for bball game lol. Eeeehh o_O

Sooty likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Caserio screwed us by not trading/benching Cooks and not benching Mills in the last game

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I watched all of Bryce Young's pro days throws and stand by my 3rd round grade on him. Take that game-changing pass rusher, Will Anderson at #2 and don't "settle" for a short QB in a mediocre QB draft class. Be smart!