1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving Traded To The Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 5, 2023.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Golliver is the NBA writer for the Washington post and one of the hosts of the greatest of all talk nba podcast. The Mismatch is Vernon and O Connor from the Ringer.

Are you just talking about the ESPN-Fox media? That's just low IQ content fed to the casual masses. Nothing on those programs has any thought put into them it's just for cheap entertainment. I don't really care what those people say because they clearly don't watch games.

I remember one game in the bubble playoffs where Harden had 20 pts 10 rebs 4 assists against OKC in a win. Next day Stephen A on National television says something to the effect of "Harden struggled scoring but still impacted the game by sharing the ball and picked up double digit dimes." Not only did he not watch the game, he didn't even read the box score. Those people are clowns and their programs are mindless garbage. Definitely not geared for the type of people to post on a basketball forum. Off court stories like our chemistry issues or Ja's saga are much more controversial and generate more casual interest so they run them to the ground.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kyrie will be on the Suns next year
    BOOK it!

Rocket River

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Hoop Collective (Tim MacMahon) talk about the Mav's constantly.
    And yea, they get a lot blasted a lot, especially about the Jalen Brunson debacle.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s a Mavs guy, of course he’d be talking about them…that’s like telling me Kelly Iko talks about the Rockets constantly

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Except Tim MacMahon is on the Hoop Collective and Kelly isnt.
    A lot of folks watch that show. What show is Kelly on that receives similar viewership?

Brian Windhorst and Tim Bontemps talk about the Mav's a lot too if for no other reason than in response to Tim MacMahon.
    Who does Kelly have with him on his show?

No. Not alike at all.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

a Mavs guy brought up the Mavs, so they talked about them

Who is the Rockets guy bringing up the Rockets when they get sh*tted on left and right on multiple platforms?

the Mavs guy bringing up the Mavs means nothing to me

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

John Wall, JJ Reddick, Givony, Zach Lowe, and Windhorst all in the last few weeks…I am not talking about SAS and Skip Bayless

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Mav's don't matter much to me either. But that wasn't the point.

But I do wish a Rockets guy was on the Hoop collective.
    Houston needs some honest exposure.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

aside from John Wall, JJ Reddick, Windhorst, Zach Lowe, and Givoney, David Abbott and Henry Thorpe were also talking about how an agent said we’re a clown show

Rockets catching strays from all angles damn near on a weekly basis, and it’s not from First Take or Undisputed

you’d swear we’d just spent a decade as the Sacramento Kings or Timberwolves

soon they’ll be saying they hope Wemby doesn’t end up here because we’re a joke

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

They're already saying that... I know JJ Reddick did at a minimum, but feel like I've heard it elsewhere as well.

Streakshooter likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are right but at the same time it's their job to create drama, I mean Shaq made a living out of Shaqtin a fool and Skip Bayless basically cemented his career by hating on Lebron.

I don't think it matters much, this time last year the media was praising the Bulls up and down and how unstoppable they look with Lonzo, Carusso, Vuc, Lavine and Derozan. Look at them now.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's both.

Rox are maltreated by the media and the organization does not pass up a chance to put its foot in its mouth.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why does that matter though lol. Important thing is we get to do the Process without consequences.

I remember when Rox were celebrated as a very competitive team which always tries to win no matter what then FA comes around and nobody wants to take Morey's ipad except Ryan Scrubberson. Players are not media doesn't really matter how the media paints us. Media has been clowining Knicks for decades they're still one of the top player destinations.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Knicks are one of the top player destinations? Huh?

they literally get clowned because despite them being in the heart of NYC and playing in MSG, most of the star players don’t want to go there

Amare and Melo are the only ones in the past decade plus, and Melo wanted to go there because it was home

i3artow i3aller and Jontro like this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Currently (OKC game still in progress), the mavs are just outside the play in game. #11 in the west.

JH13 would never.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh? They're no 1 in the nba brand value rankings every year.

Yeah nobody wanted to go there thats why last year all Zion could talk about is NYC. They couldnt sign a FA cuz they never got sny money due to shitty mgt but lots of players wanna play there if given the chance. It's a prime market similar to LA and Brookyln.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, they’re the #1 in brand value because they’re in Manhattan and Dolan owns 100% of MSG. They also have 1 of the largest local cable deals. That has nothing to do with being a “top player destination.”

don’t even know why u brought that up as if it was supposed to prove your point or something

all Zion could talk about is NYC yet here he is on a new contract with the Pelicans…Lebron talks about NYC all the time too, yet passed on playing there

a lot of stars talk about how they like playing in MSG, that doesn’t mean they like playing for the Knicks…there’s a difference between enjoying playing in a building, and actually wanting to play for the organization

Knicks have had cap space before…or I guess the 2015 and 2016 offseasons didn’t happen

Did Kyrie and KD both not pass on playing for the Knicks when they had the cap space to sign both back in 2019? Who did they end up signing instead? Guys like Taj Gibson, Elfrid Payton, and Wayne Ellington.

the media linking every star to the Knicks doesn’t make them a top player destination all these years

perhaps they’ll have better luck moving forward since they actually look somewhat competent this year and have a solid team

they have the potential to be a top player destination, but have not been one so far this century

#318 Reeko, Mar 25, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    ElPigto likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not having fun, Luka?

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller and B-Bob like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller