1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It is way more possible with Sengun than with KPJ as PG. KPJ as PG is just cheeks.

eurobasket23 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

Controller must've disconnected

3. maj21

maj21 Member

Sengun’s defense is worse than KPJ’s PG skills. He can’t guard ****, like he’s a bottom 3 starting center defensively

rocketchamp likes this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

This happens every game with players lol. Sengun does ALL the time. I see it watching other teams play. Not saying it’s okay, but stop acting like it’s a KPJ thing. Sengun is the poster boy for it

rocketchamp likes this.
  5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Got any stats to back that up?

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lol, he just... decided not to run back? Man, I can see why some of the veterans on other teams are talking about our culture being bad. We do need at least one older guy with a high motor to kick these kids' asses when they do sh** like this.

eurobasket23 likes this.
  7. maj21

maj21 Member

I watch games, the eye test. Too many other factors that can skew numbers. There’s stats out there that show KPJ is a high level playmaker. Now are you gonna believe that? Probably not. Sengun is hot garbage

rocketchamp likes this.
  8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

So, talking out of your ass as usual, got it

9. maj21

maj21 Member

No, just speaking facts. You’re a coward of a human being lol. Just acting like a b**** bc you don’t agree with me. Put me on ignore like the other b**** made cowards.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Why? I find your combination of false bravado and ass pull hilarious. It would be silly to cut off such a source of entertainment.

11. maj21

maj21 Member

We live in the same city.. I’ve told you before, you should come hoop 5v5. Since so many on here think they know ball and ****. I’m trying to see if y’all have actually played and know how to. Don’t let me find out you don’t know the how to do a layup, while acting like you know ball

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I definitely know how to perform a layup. My question to you is why would I ever choose to meet a total stranger from the internet in real life, especially in this day and age?

13. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

To me, the best case scenario for him at this point is the JR Smith career arc, obviously massively talented, but you're going to need both a strong coach and a heck of a veteran leader to keep him focused, and he'll always be toeing the line between fearlessness and complete and total basketball idiocy. JR was an essential contributor to a title winning team, but only because he bounced around the league, and was consistently signed to deals way below market because of it.

The rip and pull-up fast-break 3-pointer vs. NO is the complete KPJ experience right now; a bad offensive possession based on not using a screen well, bad body language based on not getting the ball back and his teammate getting blocked, channeling that frustration into some clear "I'll f*ing do this myself", getting a live-ball turnover on defense, where if he didn't get the steal he was going to completely die on the screen, the willingness to take what is probably a pretty terrible transition shot, and the straight up talent to bury it.

I'm pretty down on KPJ's potential to become a functional contributor on this team; I think he needs some kind of veteran leader coming in and putting the hierarchy in order; the only person with that kind of talent is James Harden, but he absolutely doesn't have the leadership ability to keep KPJ in line. I would be shocked if any of the young guys grows into that kind of stabilizing force as well, to go from former mentee to captain is just not a transition that usually happens organically. I would not be surprised if KPJ eventually plays an important role on a championship team, but it's probably going to be when he signs with them for the minimum after being bought-out midseason.

clutchdabear and RudyTBag like this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Draymond. I hated him during the rivalry but still respect what he brings tk the game and he’s exactly the type of vet this team needs. Somebody that’s high accountable on the floor and expects the most from everybody and will call you out for it too. I don’t want him to Kevin Poole anybody but I don’t want him for his accountability. Becaue contrary to popular belief, we’ve had plenty of veterans. They jsut wasn’t the mentoring type to preach professionalism and fundamentals.

OremLK likes this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Funny you mention Dray because he recently did the exact same thing on a play Poole botched and got rightfully roasted for it.

16. maj21

maj21 Member

Like ima rough you up at the rec with a ton of people around. Just wanna see if your game is as big as your mouth lol

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unbelievable. KPJ first doesn't make the quick cut like Sengun wanted and then he runs to the corner and just stays there.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL ok dude

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

No. Arguing with a ref and not running back does happen often. But pouting and quitting when teammates decide not to pass you the ball does not . It’s a KPJ thing. The supposed head honcho no less.

20. maj21

maj21 Member

It’s not just the refs. He stands there with his hands out on defense and try to blame his teammate for blown assignments