1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Reddick blast the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

2. invocux

invocux Member

Unrelated but he has such a punchable face. Annoying mf.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is man that thinks extremely high of himself in every regard.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Literally who cares. No **** the Rockets suck genius

B-Bob, topfive and don grahamleone like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean he's not wrong. hardly anything shocking

Yung-T, B-Bob, ArtV and 4 others like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I’m not denying the talent of their players. There’s a difference to me between building towards winning basketball and the opposite of that, which is what the Houston Rockets are doing.”

“Maybe they get Wembanyama. Won’t be happy about that.”

“This is where Jamal Mosley and Orlando have been pretty good about this. There should be a clear hierarchy on the team. There shouldn’t be a scenario where a player doesn’t get the ball in the half court and puts his hands on his hips and walks around. There shouldn’t be a scenario where it’s my turn, your turn. There shouldn’t be a scenario where it’s clear from body language that one player doesn’t like playing with another player and you’re in a position where the guy you drafted third overall is literally swimming in the middle of the ocean with no life raft for an entire NBA season. That’s what has happened with Houston. Whose fault is that? I don’t know. I’m not in that locker room. I’m not around Coach Silas. As an outside observer, the evidence points to dysfunction which is why I’m not particularly bullish on Houston. Maybe some things change. Maybe we can get excited about it. Again, I’m not denying the talent but to me, they’re dysfunctional.”

All these outsiders who have spoken out, what a coincidence! They point to the same 2 guys. Every.Time.

[​IMG]

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj stans: No one would b talking sht about head honcho if his teammates just hit their shots. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Arnel, HardenReturns and cbass like this.
  8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He's not wrong. You can tank without letting the culture go to ****.

Arnel, Yung-T, Ankara1923 and 11 others like this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Is he wrong though? Our owner is just as bad as Les, maybe worse. Our coach is the absolute worst I have ever seen in over 3 decades of watching basketball. We tied our carriage to a headcase of a player that is below average both as a scorer and playmaker. Our immediate future hinges on us maybe getting Wemby and/or re-signing Harden. Things are pretty bad for us.

Ankara1923, Amel, ArtV and 3 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

yet another negative reference to KPJ by someone on the outside

How many is that now?

Evan Mobley really refused to work out here because we had this headcase on the roster

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well, has the guy ever had an original thought? Yawn. Is he still even playing?

BigShasta and don grahamleone like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Accurate.

There's a reason he's being used as a scapegoat by the usual suspects....they want to deflect any blame for the state of the Rockets from certain young players and onto one in particular.

It's transparent, and honestly, those pushing this kind of thing don't really matter.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

He assumes we will stay exactly the same with no changes if we draft Wemby and ignored that it's obvious we've been tanking all season so what makes San Antonio doing the obvious tank any better or Detroit? It's just more of the typical Houston negative narrative campaign by the NBA media. The Rockets have been a an A+ franchise for decades now, but they act like we've losing for 20 years straight and where stars go to die. **** all of them clowns.
    This is how they lay the foundation for Wemby to LA down the road.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Does KPJ not like Jabari? Can anyone confirm that?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah tilman turned this franchise upside down since the summer of 2018 into how he operates and it’s shown every year since.

Arnel, Richie_Rich and saleem like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only person I've ever seen evidence that Jabari doesn't like is Sengun....though if you ask certain Rockets fans, no one likes KPJ and he's terrible at basketball.

Let's face it, those aren't exactly the kinds of people you should take seriously though.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kenny Smith ...er...John Wall....wait...I mean JJ Reddick is just a hater

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Nah. We're just in that crappy rebuild that all teams go through after dismantling their contenders from players to coaches to front office. It happens. If anyone is to blame-it's Harden. For both ruining the team and for quitting on us. The beginning of the end was on Harden running CP3 out for Russ. The culture questions all began during Harden's reign of absolute power here which began before Tilmans ownership. That's not on Tilman. Ariza is irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. None of this is on Tilly. Not the biggest fan of him, but it ain't on him and far more on James.
    Just thinking about it makes me want to pass on Harden if he wants to come back because he misses his power he had here.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah you can tell yourself to keep blaming them. Doesn’t matter. There’s a reason why it’s been downhill since the summer of 2018. It’s tilman. That was foreseen then and the rockets will continue to be run like trash with him as the owner. Culture was never a question. Just bc randoms on cf’s who have 0 credibility wants to make up silly conspiracy theories doesn’t make it actually reality. Most of you live in an alternative reality where you think something is happening but clearly isn’t

It’s always been on him for being the idiot he is. He’s literally lying in the bed he made

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member