1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

[Player Assessment] Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Mar 10, 2023.

1. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

5/10. You do yourself a significant disservice by injecting personal anecdotes and spending material time and space addressing aspects which do not and will never have any bearing on Sengun's performance and development.

As a post I can see this as a 6/10
    As pure player evaluation for the reasons cited above I can see 3/10 easier than 7/10.

2. invocux

invocux Member

When you sh*t on Alpi for his subpar defense just make sure you don't don't bring up Jokic.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Sengun is going to be so good man. People forget that we're going to look at this current crop of youngsters and they're going to develop so much in just a few years. We're going to look back at their videos and photos like this Valanciunas photo up here. Mid level prospect with a mid level career, but even in this mediocre case just look at the difference between his rookie year and veteran years.

Sengun specifically didn't have an NBA body coming in (though he was relatively strong for a rookie). His body is going to change and his decisions are going to become even quicker. Three point shot coming along slowly (lifting and 3pt shooting should be his focus this summer).

Valanciunas is a good test for him. I think by next season he'll be winning that matchup more easily. This is exactly the situation that 3pt shot would come in handy (big, strong players who are not very quick).

#243 Mathloom, Mar 20, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

Minus like 2-3 things on offense, Sengun is a trash ass NBA center and needs to be traded

5. maypk

maypk Member

Minus like 2-3 posts out of your 2665, you are a trash ass poster and need to be kicked out of this forum.

6. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

i cant see who is he(ignored list) but i get that he is a mf dumb

HardenReturns likes this.
  7. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

yesss with my kebab diet alp-e will be 2*jv + zion*shaq

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Really disappointed that Sengun is *sick* again.

Come on man. This is becoming a bi-weekly event…

9. maj21

maj21 Member

This is for rocket fans, not Sengun fans. There’s a reason many of you got the boot. Go blow your bum hero on Reddit

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sengun seems to b demoted in terms of offensive options now that the head honcho is back which is to b expected. He hasn't been popping off which could b bc of his illness

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Yesterday he missed some attempts at the rim he usually makes. So ya something might be up.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I personally don't think sengun is a defensive jugganaut but he's been quite solid at center the last 8 game stretch. He needs to b more aggressive on offense to warrants him being the future starting center though.

13. maypk

maypk Member

I promise i'll do that as soon as you start blowing your bum hero on Reddit as well.

14. maj21

maj21 Member

Which one? Bc that’s the entire team, minus bum ass Sengun

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

1) Just as I suspected, Alpe has probably the most to gain from getting into an NBA fitness program. Looks like his training and diet was pretty poor prior to the NBA and usually those players see a larger uptick in athleticism after joining the NBA. The fact that he was never in great shape tells me there's even more to unlock if he drops some weight. It's possible his explosiveness improves. That's good to know.

2) What an amazing coincidence that U16 Alpe Turkey jersey looks just like the old Rockets jerseys. Maybe it was a sign of things to come.

[​IMG]

#255 Mathloom, Mar 20, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not even a real sentence. Learn how to construct a sentence before trying to insult me you pu$$y

17. maypk

maypk Member

You know what? You must already be outraged at having to watch Sengun in your favorite team with years to come. So i'll just let you have it from now on. Hate him all you want. ;)

About your question, if you click on your profile and type "KPJ" in the searchbar, you'll see who your bum ass hero is and you'll see who blows him. Good day bud.

HardenReturns and eurobasket23 like this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Facts

19. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

there were 3 (three!) Rockets games on Turkish NBA TV this season. only 3. last night was the last one. and in each of these 3 games, Sengun came up with a last second illness and did not play. Coincidence / coinkidding us? Maybe he is hiding from SOFs lol

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's so exhausting batting away only-fans and haters of Sengun, Green, KPJ and Jabari all the time. Say something good and a hater comes at you. Say something bad and a fan comes at you. Everyone thinks there's some secret agenda you're trying to hide about hating their favorite player. I remember once saying to a poster that I'm just being critical of one small aspect of Sengun's game, otherwise I'm a huge fan of his future. Her reaction was that I must be lying about being a Sengun fan to legitimize my criticism. How f*cking toxic is that? Gatekeeping a voluntary fanbase? Wow.

A lot of the time people know EXACTLY what the response to their post is going to be, yet they make the post anyway and just force extend the argument in a predictable direction. I guess they're hoping they'll outwork the other person at winning the argument or something? Who the F knows, but it's clearly an obsession with the argument rather than a shared truth. That's insane that you would do that with your life. Like you post some stats and you know exactly how they're flawed but go ahead anyway and then ask the other person to prove that they're flawed then you're just stuck in the dumbest conversation of all time.

You guys are making people not want to say anything at all. The emotions are way too high for being a basketball fan. Remember you're ultimately trying to have fun by experiencing the camaraderie and drama related to sports. Don't be picky about the size of a victory, take them all. Take a step back and re-evaluate what makes you happy/smile on a message board, do a lot more of that. Make this experience both truthful and fun, you can do it.