1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnel

Arnel Member

Even Steph Curry has bad shooting nights (check last nights game). miller showed some decent playmaking/passing last night. He surprised me with a couple of those passes.

roslolian likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Quinerly is a talented senior who has a ton of experience and in this very tourney. Most of you have no clue of the big games he’s had. He’s absolutely capable. Of course he should be playing well. Just because someone’s teammate plays well doesn’t mean it’s a knock on Miller. The mental hoops of this board is such a laughing point.

So with this logic since mark went off for Houston it’s makes walker worse :rolleyes:

roslolian likes this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't think that's fair. I don't really have any problems with his game, I think he'll adjust to the NBA just fine, I just don't like his fade, hard pass for me there. Yeesh.

4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Miller is our guy since we're not getting Wembanyama.

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I thought Miller played pretty well considering he’s not 100%.

roslolian likes this.
  6. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we trade out of picking Scoot and come out of this with Anthony Black and Gradey Dick, I'm gonna barf in my mouth a little. I can see the argument for doing that if you're going to pick higher-upside guys like the Thompson twins and Whitmore, or to get Jarace Walker, although I still think you just take Scoot and be done with it.

Nook likes this.
  8. Houston77

Supporting Member

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's just ridiculous. That GM would never work again in the NBA.

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Scoot is overrated he is a small pg with decent hops and injury prone ok isnt that Fox? Lol.

Thompson Twins play in a joke league hard pass on Amen, Ausar may be good but I'll have to see them in the combine.

Miller, Whitmore, Walker, Dick etc these guys should be the pick.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Spurs trade up for Wemby and Rockets trade down from Scoot … has to be a Spurs homer :rolleyes:

12. i3artow i3aller

13. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Tari already likes miller, KPJ called him twin at this point we can already guarantee he is our guy at #3 maybe even #2 depending on how he finishes the tournament.

roslolian likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've noticed that more than a few drafts still have Brandon Miller at 3-4, including Adam Spinella. I have seen him overtake Scoot on a few though. I'm honestly excited about this development, because the idea that we could possibly fall to 3rd and still get either Scoot or Brandon Miller isn't so bad. I'll be pretty disappointed if we fall farther than that though.

Corrosion and roslolian like this.
  15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually think Miller is the best fit if we keep our current team. He could help the guards with some of the ball handling and he would really help our offense with his shooting. Part of the reason our team always looks disorganized on offense is because we have a bunch of brick layers and everyone knows it. His perimeter defense could also help out Jalen.

I'd prefer to get Wemby but that would most likely lead to some level of overhaul of our team down the road. Miller would slot right in at the 3 and improve us immediately, covering up some of the other guys' warts.

roslolian likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Do you actually think the front office is consulting a rookie or a guy they're trying to replace (with Harden) for who they should pick in the draft?

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i am old enough to remmber people claiming scoot is the surest thing and only scoot and wemby are elite in this year... i knew they were full of bs by claiming this...

so is your take... none of these players is that more talented than the others... its all just about nuances and sophisticated details...and their quality will fluctuate 100s of times as they get older....just like top 30 in nba fluctuates every year...

what matters the most is how they are developed after the draft, do they get PT, what coaches do with them, what culture they are raised in etc

rockets fans should know this....but cf people are able to watch 100-200 bb games a year and still not get any smarter for it...lolol

must be something in the water or that spray they spray from the sky or the vaxx thats interfering with the natural learning process and getting smarter as you age lolololol!

most of people here are really incapable of reaching the most basic conclusions with regards to the most basic facts of life, let alone basketball, and put 2 and 2 together....

@Ankara1923

18. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Taking a. Dump on the court

Needs to improve his handles big time

19. Houston77

Supporting Member

Man, I’m having big second thoughts about Miller. This looks like a top 2 heavy draft, not a top 3.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He’s good but I’d take Scoot 2 and I’d give the rest of the class a good long look before taking Miller 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.