1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m a typical what? Typical black person? Man, keep showing your true colors lol

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Typical bigot. You are literally the one bringing up color of skin.
    You have no idea who or what I am.

But, you sure are quick to hate on the white Rocket player, co-sign with a bigot in rocket champ and play the race card.

You can’t find one place where I’ve condoned Hakeem behavior, in fact I’ve told him it’s not cool.
    But, in your mind it’s cool to lump anyone that supports one of our young pillars in with extremes.
    So, I’ll go ahead and lump you in with the extremes on the other side. Because that’s what you are.

Now take your b**** ass back to spurs land

3. maj21

maj21 Member

Now everything makes sense and why you SOFs ride with dudes like @hakeem94 . I get it now lol

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

lol, you can’t help yourself.
    Hateful little dude.

Alright, past time to put you on ignore. You and the other racist, rocketchamp

hakeem94 and eurobasket23 like this.
  5. maj21

maj21 Member

How am I racist?

6. maypk

maypk Member

LOL, yes? I never play the "age card" in any other aspects of the game for these youngsters, but if you expect Jalen, Sengun, Bari or Tari to outmuscle their matchups at age 19-20, you clearly know very little about basketball and human anatomy.

I said it many times before, i'm not a Rockets fan, i'm here to see how the Rockets fans view Sengun and i share my opinion about his play, i never pull the age card for his high turnover rate, he should fix it. I never pull the age card for his complaints to the referees. He should fix it. I never pull the age card for his lack of effort on defense in some games, he should fix it. But i can't blame Sengun for getting outmuscled by demigod Jonas quite yet. If he still gets outmuscled by opposing bigs 2 years from now, then you have a case.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Defense isn't all about muscle. It's about positioning & timing. Valanciunas isn't Shaquille O'Neal. Sengun was biting on pump fakes and outta position all game. His defense has been poor all season but every game the criticism is elsewhere

maj21 likes this.
  8. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s gonna get traded and ima let them have it lol

9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Put RESPECT on Sengun’s name, he can play defense he just need a COACH

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and teammates and a real team...Paul George broke his leg playing defense...

on a tanking team, especially if a coach is harassing you, eventho you are the best player and giving the best effort, if you're smart you gonna just show enough of your talent to stay healthy and secure the max, then you really work on it and devote to playing defense later when it really maters...

Alpi showed me enough defensively in his 1st and 2nd year that he has an elite potential there...

Its hypocritical to criticize him given the hostile environment he plays in...

And the more our people criticize him it just further proves the fact that that he is on the wrong team...and justifies him in taking any shortcuts...

#2230 hakeem94, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    Ankara1923 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont think so
    put some respect on @rocketchamp name

he is so childish and innocent...LOVEABLE and harmless...and his criticism is sometimes on point...whatever he says I just feel positive about him and it's like it still comes from a good place....

the other dude has a pretty not cool vibe...but i almost forgot how he is because blocked him long time ago LOL

eurobasket23 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I hope not....TC is a depressing place...Houston is not a real bb city,
    if i could i would gladly traded him tomorrow to Belgrade, Turkey or Greece where fans are more appreciative of basketball!
    This is what Alperen Sengun deserves.

He is already a basketball savant and there is no words describing what he could achieve if coached by Zeljko Obradovic perhaps the best european coach and supported with the passionate and bb appreciative fans of his club...

HardenReturns likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I'll take fast/elite decision making over elite handles any day of the week for my pointguard.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In reality Sengun and Green are essentially the same age. They are seperated by months, not a year. Both are extremely young and Sengun does have more pro experience.

maj21 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Is a better Lavine/Beal like an overstatement of what Green can be in his prime?

Look dude you are kinda being absurd here. There are plenty of Rocket fans all over various social media platforms including here that think Alpi is better than Green. What you smoking dude?

The common sentiment is reversed. People think Green has the higher ceiling and Alpi is currently the better player due to more pro exp.

maj21 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Ya I have no clue where he's getting that notion from. I see significantly more trash talking of guys like Jalen and Jabari and especially KPJ over Sengun. Go to a random Twitter thread about those players and it sounds like a bunch of people who want to protect Sengun from the inefficient thugs. Also there are Sengun fans who label people who like Green or KPJ as "Black player only fans".

It's weird man.

18. maj21

maj21 Member

I know, I was gonna say that yesterday. LaVine/Beal is extremely realistic. That’s like saying Sengun can be Vucevic, which is very realistic!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Exactly. Lavine and Beal are his mid level projections. Like if he doesn't do major leaps and just improves his shooting consistency and nothing really beyond that, that is essentially who he will be.

maj21 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about?
    Nowhere in that post did I compare Alp to Green. I was pointing out there’s one poster that says Alp is better than Jokic, Sabonis and other stars. And that there are tons of posters that claim Green is Kobe/Lavine/Beal.

You just proved that honestly.

Read context before you respond to a post