1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hello, 6th Pick!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 17, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Why are we winning? Silas stop trying to coach to win he is just daydreaming during the game, so he does not have time for his intellectual lineup changes. Also, Jabari is playing better, if he plays like he did in Auburn this is a tough team to stop. Jabari can be a special player for the NBA

NewAge likes this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes, Jabari and KPJ are the main drivers of the winning streak. Definitely feels better to be a Rockets fan these last few days.
    While KPJ is in his 4th year, Jabari is just a teenager, and he’s already impacting winning, big time. Zach Lowe had a similar comment in his Friday column, he had noticed it months ago in that Atlanta game…
    Sengun balled and fought, too. Had some hard moments against JV, though, some limitations were exposed, but you gotta love the fight in Alpe.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There are 3 guys who would have likely been the #1 pick last year, 1 of which is generational. We should not be ruining 3 years of tanking for a nice last 10 game stretch. It’s silly.

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Again, how are we ruining anything? Our odds at a top three pick are exactly the same.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

We are 4 games back of the 4th worst team with 12 games left in the season. Even if we hover around a .500 win team for the rest of the year, that would require the Hornets to go like 2-10 the rest of the way. So yes there is a small chance that we get out of the top 3 and drop our top 3 lottery chances from 14% for the first pick to 12.5%.

And to catch the 5th worst team the Rockets would have to essentially win out and the Magic lose almost all remaining games left for them.

#85 fchowd0311, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    cbass, cmlmel77 and Houston77 like this.
  6. NewAge

NewAge Member

precisely! Frankly it is just disgusting to root for Ls, ONLY because of some minor redistribution of your probabilities to get pick #5, #6 or #7.
    Like, your chance of drafting #5 may drop by 20-30% and you may end-up with #6, or god forbid #7. Oh, the horror!
    Meanwhile your #1-#4 probabilities are unaffected.
    come on, guys!

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree the tank is moot at this point. Try to win while still giving mins to guys that you need to find out about like JC and Garuba.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The hornets are the worst team right now in the league. I could see them losing out or close to it

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

I don't mind seeing a win here and there but....
    [​IMG]

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

When the league made it possible for the worst team to have almost a 50% chance at the #5 pick... they did it to be able to manipulate WHO gets the best picks. Spurs getting it this year.

Ren ason likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Can you see this team nearly winning out?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you read your own posts? A while back you are trashing the team for losing games now you are getting mad cuz they are winning games????

"This team sucks they lose every game and get ass blasted by the opponent"
    "Why choose to be competitive now???"
    You really live up to your name you clearly are dat rocket fan :rolleyes:

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

My perspective is I'd rather the team keep losing, but at the same time I can see why Silas may have had enough hate from the crowd. The Rox and Silas got so much hate from the peanut gallery with people acting like the Rox are the worst thing on Earth and Silas is mentally challenged, Jabari is a bust, KPJ and Green are toxic, Stone is incompetent etc I can see why they'd wanna stop tanking.

Maybe if Rockets fans are as smart as the Spurs fans they can keep tanking but alas Spurs fans know whats going on thats why nobody is crapping on Popovich meanwhile we got SOFs all up Silas' grill.

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I can see them goin .500 or close to it

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

All the other franchise fanbase are bagging their team to tank. The pelicans fanbase hope the Pels lose out. We’re the only fanbase divided in the subject.

Twice I said Nix in the game

16. fchowd0311

The Rockets could have an extremely positive remaining season hovering around .500 and still have the same exact odds of landing the first and second pick as San Antonio. So why not have the best of both worlds? Positive development where the young guys experience actually winning games consistently rather than like once a month while still having he same odds for the top 3 picks.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just saying I'm gonna tag folks if we land the 7th pick.

Oh but the top 4 odds are the same so it doesn't matter if we win a few more games.

We have folks praying to hit the number 1 draft at 14%, if u get unlucky u hit the 7th pick at 7%.

I wished we lost against the spurs, that way we could win against actual teams without any repercussion

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Do it. I couldn’t care less where we land if it’s outside the top 3. Trade it if it’s outside the top 3. I’ll scream it from the rooftops.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari was a -18 last game, despite the game-winner.

It appears that our team flourishes when KJ and Tari are in. Our best lineup does not include Jabari, our 2nd best lineup includes Jabari at C. Hopefully we have bought Jabari and Sengun in particular some more time to gel. I'd be curious to see Tari+Bari+Sengun more often, now that Jabari is making a few shots.

20. fchowd0311

Well those fanbase don't understand basic math.

Or you just are finding one or two examples.

The Pelicans are tanking too late if they want to start now. If they are tanking it's for like the 9th pick.