1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did one tweet from Eric Gordon....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Mar 18, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Tell us, as fans, as well as the Rocket's FO to be more patient? For those who missed it, EG tweeted "Growth" and I must admit, I have been impatient with some of our players BUT this last week and especially last night showed me what could be and what's to come!

Sengun - Last night he finally showed me the things I've always wanted from him; defense against a quality big and 3pts shooting! I wish he will take more 3pt shots!

Green - I've been leery of Green because sometimes I think he plays soft but I must admit he has that "IT FACTOR" and I got to be patient with him

Jabari - I knew he had it from his college days, he showed it at the beginning of the yr but for some reason he went into a drought. But damn has he recovered!

KPJ - like I've always said, he has all the tools; length, shooting and playmaking. He just needs time to put it together. I compared him to Chauncey Billups, it took him 5yrs but I think we can see KPJ is growing into his role.

BY SAYING ALL OF THIS, DO WE CHANGE COURSES AND BRING IN HARDEN THIS SUMMER OR STAY THE COURSE?

#1 hlmbasketball, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    ramotadab, joshuaao, CHAMPBOY and 2 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We just watch, and hope, we are just fans and have no say.

DD

fattz, Scarface, vjohnson and 2 others like this.
  3. R=$

R=$ Member

HARDEN= :mad:

4. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

It’s nice to see the team come together. These past few wins have been good to see and good for the players.

NewAge and 34to11 like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Fire Silas for screwing up the tank.

fattz, Jontro, Arnel and 2 others like this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Bro we are 5-3 in our last 8

Wtf do we need Harden for

fattz and Jontro like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

KPJ stans as always with their low iq takes.

We are 5-3 in our last 8, why do we need harden?

well we are dead last the previous 2 season, 3rd worst this season with kpj role playing as a pg, but lets not sign one of the best playmakers in the league to make our team better based on the last 8 games we played.

ramotadab, Arnel and HardenReturns like this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

You can reply to my post directly if you don’t like it. Don’t be passive aggressive about it now

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u weren't the only one that didn't want harden, it's best to just group all of the kpj stans together since u all share the same desire of not wanting one of the best play maker in the league to play for our team.

It's quite obvious that if we sign harden, kpj would b demoted or removed from the starting pg position since he's not good at it

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Even before this most recent run of 5-3 in the last 8, I didn't think we needed Harden. I think the Rockets are in a different phase now and I hope the Front Office is taking notice. Harden would change the dynamics once again.

However, I think these last few games are going to dictate which way the Summer plays out. For one, I would not bring in more than one more rookie, I would trade our 2nd 1st Rnd pick for a shooter or another big. But it looks like the starting five is starting to develop.

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Winning has me more worried about Silas getting a 4th year than sliding in the draft. :oops:

Scarface, ramotadab, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

As long as Silas is gone at the end of the season I don’t care what happens. Yeah he got stuck with a young, tanking team, but I’ve seen enough to know that he’s not a good enough coach to get another year, regardless of the very recent growth we’ve seen. Stay the course, don’t stay the course, bring in Harden, don’t bring back Harden….all I care about is if Silas is gone. The team needs a better coach, then we can move forward from there.

evo8lover, fattz, Scarface and 2 others like this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

how many great coaches want to coach for a talentless team that finished dead last 3 years in a row, cheap**** owner that screwed over dantoni and snake gm that tries to micromanage playing time?

ramotadab and HardenReturns like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed that Stone and Fertitta are the root of the problem, but I’m sure there is someone good out there willing to eat some sh#t for the opportunity.

clos4life likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was being totally sarcastic with that post.

I might be the only one here who thinks Silas is actually a solid coach and has done an admirable job here despite the circumstances dictated by Stone and the process.

I think he deserves that 4th year to show what he can do with a roster comprised of more than just 19-21 year olds learning how to play.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

His rotations, misuse of challenges, and reluctance to pick up techs for our guys have lost me. Do you think he has the right intensity to coach a young team? A reset seems like a good idea this offseason.

clos4life and HardenReturns like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

his shot selection ie his decision to take 3s only sparingly and instead consistently attack the rim is the one single attribute that really makes him an elite player....

the lack of the very same atribute is something that makes jabroni and jalen into just average nba scrubs, empty chuckers and team cancers!

HardenReturns likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We need a new coach, but if we play well on this upcoming road trip the Rockets will keep him next year.

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

The league got ruined when players became 3-pt happy. They're shooting from half court like it's a dunk contest with style points. Basketball was in the paint and an in-side out game, but now 300 lb, 7'2 centers are expected to drain 3s.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think having a center that can drain 3s changes the game on how its meant to play, but it's not a necessity.

I view bb as how i view life, if u are good at something and hone it until you master it why do you need to copy everybody else? If sengun becomes a master at the post game, he doesnt have to learn how to shoots 3s, would it b nice sure.

If u have a player that's extremely good at something and it's not being used, thats the dam coach being close minded.

The post game could thrive in this era of basketball, its just folks aren't willing to put in the time and effort to learn/master it.

jayfree likes this.