1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 3/17/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

I don't give a damn where we are drafting. It is going to be low. This tank for Wemby thing is bullshit. Let the kids perform the way they should have. We will still get a good pick. Miller would be a great addition. So would Wemby, but let the kids play to their potential

DeBeards, joshuaao, SubE and 5 others like this.
  2. Xopher

Xopher Member

If Sengun shoots better from 3 there is no need for Wemby. Hell yes it would be great if we could get Wemby, I'm not denying that, but if Sengun develops some D and a 3 Miller would be great for the team

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is a helluva take to be sure.

cbass likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

This is now Jabaris team

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I had a feeling we tank all year then win at the end of the season and shoot our self out of top 3

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. cbass

cbass Member

Pass on the dude who was an accessory to a murder. No thanks

Plowman likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So close to the finish line and we are absolutely blowing it.

8. cbass

cbass Member

Joyless way to live life. Progress is good.

Top-3 worst teams all have the same odds at the first pick.

Worst case scenario with the worst record is the 5th pick, with the 3rd worst record it’s the 7th pick. In this draft, the 7th player drafted could easily be as good or better than the 5th player drafted.

No need to be so negative.

#808 cbass, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its about the downside, not the upside.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I missed this one. Our kid is visiting from out of town and we were out all evening. Guess I’ll have to watch it sometime tomorrow on LP. Hope it’s a good game!

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wouldn't worry too much about landing #7 or whatever. I keep seeing the same prospects ranked anywhere from like #4 to #10 on different boards. Steph Curry, Jamal Murray, Lauri Markkanen, and Julius Randle were all 7th picks. Dame Lillard, Josh Giddey, and Brandon Roy were 6th picks. And this isn't just any draft, this is a particularly good one.

I honestly don't think it would be that bad to land in that range in this draft class.

Would be better to get Wemby, of course, but those odds (probably) aren't changing at this point.

Y2JT, hakeem94 and cbass like this.
  12. SamsonCorletwo

I hear about recently Jabaris haters all gone.lol
    Don't judge the rookie randomly,especially just play more than half a season
    In the frist place,rookie need to learn in the NBA that is make mistakes

Scarface281 likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

14. Ancient Moabite

Birds of a feather flock together, they seem to be taking a page out of the Texans playbook of blowing the tank for a few wins, but at least they are still in the bottom 3

I just don't see the NBA gifting Detroit or Charlotte first pick, especially now that it seems Jordan is selling his Hornets stock in ownership

Wemby is most likely Texas bound, with history on both sides since both teams have a track record of drafting bigs high in the draft, slight advantage Htown

DeBeards and arabrocket like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL not even a Jabari game winner thread, y'all are pathetic. I resigned to losing most of the game, but when it's that close, if you're going to win it like this, you should be happy man!! The only thing I don't get it, why the **** do home clock managers not just let that run out. Totally spoiled the moment, should've been a buzzer-beater. ****ing idiots. And finally Silas understood it's smart to use Boban there.

Glad I never overreacted to Jabari's struggles, even if I feared he might never find his shot, lose his confidence and we'd go into next season with a lot of question marks. Right now, it's a question of how high can he get before the season ends. I do hope and reckon it won't affect our draft strategy in any shape or form.

We won this with the referees letting a ton of stuff go too. Good to see us with the defensive intensity and I'll take this progress with a few wins over losing streaks with Jabari's confidence shot, KPJ acting up, no playing time for certain players etc.

16. VoR

VoR Member

Tari +29
    KMJ -27

Y2JT likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A great game winner from Jabari despite having a not so good game after a fine stretch. A welcome comeback from Jalen Green along with Alperen Sengun.
    The Pelicans were much stronger than the LBJ and AD less Lakers.

It's much better to see a morale boosted squad than an unhappy one.

don grahamleone, ArtV and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am old enough to remember this time last year when this years draft was considered top heavy and besides wemby and 1 other player theres really not anyone real good...
    this just confirms for me its the same hype every year and the same tanking mantra 'this years draft is special!' just as I predicted....

DeBeards likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i wonder if you aware that wemby is shooting below 30% on the short euro 3? LOL

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its just one game do you even ball bro? if you did ball you'd know everyone has games like this...

all it was was he missed a 2-3 of close shots he would otherwise make due to a lapse of concentration or whatever

its not like he shot 7-24 in the post like jalen green and other empty chuckers often do...